+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Lupus

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
hey guys,

can anyone tell me how AOR looks like?
I received one email from Citizenship and Immigration saying that they received my application, but I am not sure if that's AOR
Paper application was sent on August 25

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
hey guys,

I received one email from Citizenship and Immigration saying that they received my application, but I am not sure if that's AOR
Did you check for any attachments in the email?

andulka

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
hey guys,

hey guys,

you should get email from IRCC with attached pdf file - official letter with your UCI and application number

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
hey guys,

Also, can you please share some details so the tracking sheet can be updated:
Location, How many applications (single, family?), Physical presence days, application received date?

Lupus

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
you should get email from IRCC with attached pdf file - official letter with your UCI and application number
yes I received PDF, it says
"This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your
application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required.

When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will send you
correspondence to invite you to a knowledge test. It could take a few months before you hear
from us".

I am not sure if this is AOR, because it doesn't say that the application has met basic eligibility yet

Lupus

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Also, can you please share some details so the tracking sheet can be updated:
Location, How many applications (single, family?), Physical presence days, application received date?
Single application
Physical presence - i don't remember the exact number of days, I will have too look for it on my home computer
Paper Application received - August 27, 2021

Reactions: sebishh

andulka

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Single application
Physical presence - i don't remember the exact number of days, I will have too look for it on my home computer
Paper Application received - August 27, 2021
Is there application number included?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
yes I received PDF, it says
"This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your
application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required.

When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will send you
correspondence to invite you to a knowledge test. It could take a few months before you hear
from us".

I am not sure if this is AOR, because it doesn't say that the application has met basic eligibility yet
The pdf would have a application# (starting with C)on the top right hand corner. The application# is generated at the time of the AoR
What it basically means that the documents you have submitted are complete and they will initiate further processing..
If they require additional documents eg police clearance certificate or translation of any documents which are not in English or French or passport copies or event requiest you to submit finger prints, etc., they may still ask you
But all in AoR is a good first step in the right direction
I shared a post earlier outlining generally the process forward
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2021-citizenship-applicants.733273/post-9792298

Last edited:

Lupus

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
The pdf would have a application# (starting with C)on the top right hand corner. The application# is generated at the time of the AoR
What it basically means that the documents you have submitted are complete and they will initiate further processing..
If they require additional documents eg police clearance certificate or translation of any documents which are not in English or French or passport copies or event requiest you to submit finger prints, etc., they may still ask you
But all in AoR is a good first step in the right direction
I shared a post earlier outlining generally the process forward
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2021-citizenship-applicants.733273/post-9792298
Thank you!

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
yes, there is an application number and my UCI
The purpose of AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) is just that CIC has received your application and will review further. An application number (important one) is given. The best part here is that your application is not returned back. SO just relax and just wait, the journey to citizenship has started.

Pipo1234#

Sep 14, 2021
Please update on the sheet, thanks.

Myself:

Type: Online
Physical presence:1098
Application: Single
Application sent: August 23, 2021
Application received: August 23, 2021

Wife:

Type: Online
Physical presence:1349
Application: Single
Application sent: August 23, 2021
Application received: August 23, 2021
My wife got AOR today, November 9, 2021.
Still waiting for mine.
Please update the spreadsheet.
Thanks

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
My wife got AOR today, November 9, 2021.
Still waiting for mine.
Please update the spreadsheet.
Thanks
Congrats - I have heard people receive AORs in an interval of 10 mins to 2 hours, keep an eye on your inbox/junk mails.