+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Oh Montreal seeems to be one of the slowest offices to send certificates after oath, and also one of the slowest offices in general. I keep seeing people in different threads and forums complain about waiting 1-2 months for certificate after oaths in Montreal.
Wish in general that more offices would do in-person oaths in outdoor venues while the weather is still warm. Seems that Scarborough has been consistently doing in-person oaths recently, but only Scarborough.
I feel Mississauga office is also in the category of slowest offices. As I had given my test in May this year and till now no Oath invite has been sent. Waiting desperately!

vapor10

Jun 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone,

I have been invited to the Citizenship Ceremony on Oct 24 and I have to travel to the US for a few days on Oct 25. I understand that during the Ceremony the PR is destroyed, so I was wondering if the Canadian Government was providing a temporary document to replace the PR? What might be the alternatives for me to travel to the US if I don't have my PR?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have been invited to the Citizenship Ceremony on Oct 24 and I have to travel to the US for a few days on Oct 25. I understand that during the Ceremony the PR is destroyed, so I was wondering if the Canadian Government was providing a temporary document to replace the PR? What might be the alternatives for me to travel to the US if I don't have my PR?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers!
If you reach out to the IRCC office which is processing your application, they will tell you to postpone your Oath ceremony and travel and inform them once you come back.
I had per-arranged travel to the US on Sep 18 (which I booked back in early Aug). My Oath ceremony was on Sep 13. I had to cancel the travel plan as I did not wanted to postpone my Oath ceremony.

vapor10

Jun 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
If you reach out to the IRCC office which is processing your application, they will tell you to postpone your Oath ceremony and travel and inform them once you come back.
I had per-arranged travel to the US on Sep 18 (which I booked back in early Aug). My Oath ceremony was on Sep 13. I had to cancel the travel plan as I did not wanted to postpone my Oath ceremony.
Thank you @abbas.pasha for your answer! If I want to reschedule, IRCC proposes a new slot in the following days/weeks or more in the following months?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you @abbas.pasha for your answer! If I want to reschedule, IRCC proposes a new slot in the following days/weeks or more in the following months?
Predicting this is like looking into a crystal ball, which unfortunately is broken...
Cannot say for sure if it will take few weeks or few months to get a new one scheduled...

This is the email i got from Scarborough office when I requested for citizenship certificate expedite because of my next trip around end of Oct

Good day,

Thank you for your email. There are about 5 weeks between your ceremony date and your expected travel. That is enough time to receive your certificate and get your Canadian passport. If you send us your signed oath form right after the ceremony within the regular business hours, we will issue your certificate the same day and mail it to you the following day. You can receive your certificate in about one week. Please make sure that we have your current mailing address on your file.

Alternatively, our records show that your PR card is valid until 202x/0x/1x. You can travel and return back to Canada from abroad until that date.

You can request cancellation of your ceremony date, keep your PR Card intact and reach out to us via this email thread to request to be rescheduled after you have RETURNED to Canada. You will most likely be rescheduled within 4-6 weeks from the date of your request. The rest of your family can proceed with the ceremony as scheduled.

Please let us know if you would like to proceed with cancellation of this ceremony date.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
I feel Mississauga office is also in the category of slowest offices. As I had given my test in May this year and till now no Oath invite has been sent. Waiting desperately!
The only thing we can do is wait, I passed my test on Apr-13 and still waiting for next steps. But I know for sure one day suddenly will have the happy moment, it might be a year from now. So helplessly we just have to wait. No use contacting CIC. Reach out to your MP, ask their team to continuously ask CIC for a status movement.

Nyayaa

Feb 17, 2022
Got oath email today for oath scheduled for October 18. Interestingly it seems to be coming from an office in Manitoba while my office so far has been Scarborough. Is this usual or will my certificate still be mailed from Scarborough ?

Reactions: Acorn450

Vangamu

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
HI My friend. I'm from 18th AUgust 2022 Oath day and same office and I just received my certificate in my post box today. I believe you might want to check yours :).
Good news, woot woot…waiting for mailman at the front door, hopefully I get mine too today. Happy for you. Do you live in the Montreal Metropolitan area?