+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Dainty01

Jan 26, 2017
All sections completed since July 29 except oath. Status is still in progress. I emailed my cic office yesterday and got a response within 10 minutes. Was told I am on queue for oath ceremony and should look out for their email soon. For everyone waiting, you should probably emailing your local office.

didouette

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hello Everyone, My immigration journey to Canada has finally ended. I clearly remember when I applied for my student visa and was nervous about whether or not It will be approved. Today I received my Canadian passport. It was a heck of a journey; stressed and anxious every time I had an update on my file. I applied for a student visa, co-op visa, PGWP, permanent residence visa, Citizenship and filling up passport. I want to wish everyone in This group well wishes. Hopefully, everyone will fulfill their dreams and become the proud Canadians! Good luck everyone
What a journey! Good luck to you too

Reactions: 229 and linxord

heartland232

Mar 11, 2019
Just got my oath invitation on Oct 3rd! Yayyy!
Online application on Aug 3rd 2021
AOR Oct 17th 2021
Test completed March 19th 2022
Marked completed March 28th 2022
Fingerprint request March 16th 2022
Fingerprint received April 11th 2022
BG completed April 12th 2022
Language/Prohibition completed July 1st 2022
Physical Presence Sept 1st 2022
Invitation to oath ceremony Sept 5th 2022

tonymeland

Star Member
Aug 5, 2022
Everything complete since May 10, 2022 except Oath Ceremony. Requested GCMS notes and noticed this in my notes. It looks like they cancelled the printing of my citizenship document. Could anyone shed light as to why this would happen?

Hshow

Oct 12, 2018
hello everyone, i had my oath ceremony scheduled for Sept 19th but i have not received any email yet. only online update. please when is the mail expected to hit my inbox.

lehar.sood

Jan 8, 2016
hello everyone, i had my oath ceremony scheduled for Sept 19th but i have not received any email yet. only online update. please when is the mail expected to hit my inbox.
Same here. Scheduled for 19 sept but haven’t received any email. Please keep me updated. Thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
You can expect it sometime this week..
Our ceremony is on Sep 13 (SCR office). We received the email on Sep 2

Gujjar/00

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Manitoba Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2020
AOR Received.
September 02, 2021
Med's Request
September 02 medical passed initially but got a request for additional testing in a separate email
Med's Done....
Upfront medical on august 26, 2021
Hi Everyone

I had a question regarding citizenship application process and would appreciate someone’s expert opinion on it.

currently I’m living and working in Manitoba, and haven’t applied for citizenship. I am considering to pursue a career outside Canada after applying for citizenship and without waiting for the final outcome of my citizenship application as it is taking more than 2 years. I was wondering that would I still qualify for citizenship in this case?
or do I have to stay in Canada until I receive my citizenship approval?

thanks in advance!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Everyone

I had a question regarding citizenship application process and would appreciate someone’s expert opinion on it.

currently I’m living and working in Manitoba, and haven’t applied for citizenship. I am considering to pursue a career outside Canada after applying for citizenship and without waiting for the final outcome of my citizenship application as it is taking more than 2 years. I was wondering that would I still qualify for citizenship in this case?
or do I have to stay in Canada until I receive my citizenship approval?

thanks in advance!
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=911&top=5

Yes. You can leave Canada after we receive your application.
If you need to leave Canada and want to stay eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must:
  • make sure that you live in Canada long enough to keep your Permanent Resident (PR) status
  • be a permanent resident (when you apply)
  • not lose PR status before you take the Oath of Citizenship
  • bring your PR card with you when you leave Canada so you can return easily
Make sure your PR card won’t expire while you are outside Canada.
We usually only mail letters, notices and other documents to addresses in Canada. In some cases, you may receive an email from us. You must reply to these letters or emails within a specified amount of time. If you don’t reply within the time frame and don’t provide an acceptable reason for not being able to keep your appointment with us or providing requested information, we may stop processing your application.
You must attend appointments and other events at our offices, like your:
  • citizenship test (for applicants 18 to 54 years of age) (You can give test outside of Canada but you will need to inform IRCC once they send you an email to appear for the test, instructions will be provided in the test email)
  • interview or hearing
  • ceremony
These events only take place in Canada. If you can’t attend the appointment or event, you must either e-mail or write to the local office that sent you the event notice. You can also use the online web form to contact us.

Reactions: Gujjar/00

Vangamu

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Does anyone who had their Oath on August 18th 2022 received their certificate yet? Sorry if I keep asking the same question but the delay is just too long