August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

quest4pr

Feb 20, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi All,

i have applied on Aug 24 paper application.
AOR: Nov 15
Background Check: Completed Jan 13
Havent heard back since then.
I called IRCC they said all is good and my application moved to the local office (Vancouver).

Anyone else in the same situation or having similar timelines?
Feeling disappointed given i cant travel and cant renew my former passport.

any advice?

thanks!
Yes, I am in similar situation..
Paper application (me+1) . BG Completed: Nov 2021. Nothing happened after that. :-(

Lupus

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Finally got my test invite yesterday. AOR in November and BG passed in December. Could you anyone advise if we need to schedule a certain day for the test? I noticed a lot of people here are saying that they schedule a date to write the test. But the email the I got only gives me 21 days window to write the test and I guess I can choose any day?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Finally got my test invite yesterday. AOR in November and BG passed in December. Could you anyone advise if we need to schedule a certain day for the test? I noticed a lot of people here are saying that they schedule a date to write the test. But the email the I got only gives me 21 days window to write the test and I guess I can choose any day?
Yes, and the day you take your test is the date you decide to schedule it for yourself.

Deepak777

Jun 8, 2022
Hi
How long does it take from DM to Oath invitation? Scarborough Office

Paper Application
Application Sent August 21, 2021
Application Received August 23, 2021
AOR: November 12, 2021
BG Complete: Dec 20, 2021
Test Activity Completed: March 07, 2022
Language, Prohibition and Physical Presence completed: June 12, 2022
Oath Ceremony: Not Started

Can we request for oath ceremony to be scheduled a bit earlier or it is not possible?
Does this mean the status now is "Decision Made"? And the only next step is waiting for Oath Invitation?

dannyjawaid

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 12th 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 5th 2013
Med's Request
March 28th 2014
Med's Done....
April 12th 2014
Passport Req..
April 29th 2014
Hey all - I'm an Aug 2021 applicant, gave the test in March 2022, BG check was completed in Dec 2021. I received an email today saying police certificate is missing on my file and to provide it within 30 days. However, I did not spend more than 183 days in a row outside Canada in the past 4 years. But in my 5 year application window, I did spend more than 183 days in a row outside Canada back in 2016/2017. Per their original instructions, I was not required to provide the police certificate. So I'm not sure why they are asking for it now / why they think it is missing in my file.

Has anyone experienced this before? I did email back the CIC person who sent the email and provided her these details. Wondering what my next steps should be, any insight would be much appreciated!

Hey all - I'm an Aug 2021 applicant, gave the test in March 2022, BG check was completed in Dec 2021. I received an email today saying police certificate is missing on my file and to provide it within 30 days. However, I did not spend more than 183 days in a row outside Canada in the past 4 years. But in my 5 year application window, I did spend more than 183 days in a row outside Canada back in 2016/2017. Per their original instructions, I was not required to provide the police certificate. So I'm not sure why they are asking for it now / why they think it is missing in my file.

Has anyone experienced this before? I did email back the CIC person who sent the email and provided her these details. Wondering what my next steps should be, any insight would be much appreciated!
The official instructions say:
You don’t need to provide a police certificate if

• you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada, and
  • this time falls within the past 4 years
Both points need to be valid. And the 4 years are from date of application, not from today.

dannyjawaid

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 12th 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 5th 2013
Med's Request
March 28th 2014
Med's Done....
April 12th 2014
Passport Req..
April 29th 2014
The official instructions say:

Both points need to be valid. And the 4 years are from date of application, not from today.
Thanks! I got the reply from the officer that they sent the request in error and I don't need to provide the police certificate...phew