+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Side question: is processing time (12mo/27mo) considered from app delivered or is it considered from AOR?
This processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications in the past. It starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision

Reactions: 8494193

This processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications in the past. It starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision
The confusing bit is “when we receive”. Does receive here mean when we hit ‘submit’ or does it mean when they acknowledge receipt (i.e. AOR)?

Reactions: Vangamu

Since it's a holiday, I was crunching some numbers for us Montreal August folks that have taken the test, from the 2021 spreadsheet. Some findings:

• The average time from Test to DM is about 100 days.
  • The average time from DM to Oath Ceremony is about 30 days.

Now, the suckier part is that for online applications, the Test to DM number is worse at about 120-150 days on average.

If the trend holds, we're going to be here a while. Sigh.

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
Thanks for the info. So I guess Sept/Oct timeframe if we're lucky. I fully expect most work to stop on June 24 and pick up again at the end of August.

I am glad we didn't make any travel plans. Between my missing PR card, the citizenship application and the chaos at the passport office, we are pretty much stuck in Canada.

• Sad
Reactions: Vangamu and 8494193

Thanks for the info. So I guess Sept/Oct timeframe if we're lucky. I fully expect most work to stop on June 24 and pick up again at the end of August.

I am glad we didn't make any travel plans. Between my missing PR card, the citizenship application and the chaos at the passport office, we are pretty much stuck in Canada.
yeah. I have taken a chance by booking of travel in July/early-August with full mental prep to cancel if things change.

I fully expect most work to stop on June 24 and pick up again at the end of August.
How come/why?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Since it's a holiday, I was crunching some numbers for us Montreal August folks that have taken the test, from the 2021 spreadsheet. Some findings:

• The average time from Test to DM is about 100 days.
  • The average time from DM to Oath Ceremony is about 30 days.

Now, the suckier part is that for online applications, the Test to DM number is worse at about 120-150 days on average.

If the trend holds, we're going to be here a while. Sigh.
Glad i left Montreal :cool:

• Haha

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
I can never understand IRCC.

Nothing for months while you'all got all those status updates. And bang BG complete and then straight to Test invite. Everything else is still In progress.
BG: Complete 27 March
Language: In progress
Physical: In Progress
Prohibitions: In Progress
Citizenship Test: In Progress

File submitted: Aug 2021
AOR Nov 2021
File started working: 14 Dec 2021

No updates from 14 Dec 2021 till 30 May 2022.

Varunjog89

Star Member
Aug 7, 2021
I can never understand IRCC.

Nothing for months while you'all got all those status updates. And bang BG complete and then straight to Test invite. Everything else is still In progress.
BG: Complete 27 March
Language: In progress
Physical: In Progress
Prohibitions: In Progress
Citizenship Test: In Progress

File submitted: Aug 2021
AOR Nov 2021
File started working: 14 Dec 2021

No updates from 14 Dec 2021 till 30 May 2022.
Username checks out

I see ceremonies upto Jul 6 have already been scheduled so far. So, we're not going to get our Oaths done this month (whoever doesn't have an Oath date yet, of course). (Unless they're hot-adding people as DMs come in).

Vangamu

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
The fact that IRCC has extended the processing time from 12 to 27 months speaks volume in regards to backlog applications from previous years. I hope and pray that we all become Canadian Citizens by the end of this year….otherwise they’ll face another backlog phase next year which is : PR card renewal this time around