+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

sboo16

Jan 22, 2021
Hey guys,

For those moving from the U.S., do you have any recommendations for the cheapest/best moving method? My spouse will be driving over to Canada about 1000 miles and he doesn't have too much stuff (1 bedroom apartment/studio worth). It seems like driving a Uhaul costs around $3000 so we were thinking about what could be more affordable..

Any input would be appreciated - thank you!

Reactions: ElaYL

amos13

Feb 25, 2021
Hello everyone,

I just received an email from IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca regarding a PR confirmation portal!

For those who have completed the portal process, do the photos of me need to be passport-sized photos taken at a drug-store or a non-selfie face profile photo?

EDIT: What is the difference between original entry dat and date of last time entered Canada?

Last edited:

frange

May 25, 2018
Hello everyone,

I just received an email from IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca regarding a PR confirmation portal!

For those who have completed the portal process, do the photos of me need to be passport-sized photos taken at a drug-store or a non-selfie face profile photo?

EDIT: What is the difference between original entry dat and date of last time entered Canada?
Congratulation!!!

Which VO ? Did you apply under Inland or Outland category?

The photos can be at passport size but they have to meet the system requirements. If not, they won't be uploaded.

amos13

Feb 25, 2021
Congratulation!!!

Which VO ? Did you apply under Inland or Outland category?

The photos can be at passport size but they have to meet the system requirements. If not, they won't be uploaded.
Hi frange!

I am unsure which visa office in the USA it was sent to. I wasn't provided any correspondence, however, the inquiry came from IRCC's Etobicoke office to upload my info on a web portal.

I am outland, US PA here (timeline in my signature).

chloe_planet

Jan 29, 2021
Hey guys,

For those moving from the U.S., do you have any recommendations for the cheapest/best moving method? My spouse will be driving over to Canada about 1000 miles and he doesn't have too much stuff (1 bedroom apartment/studio worth). It seems like driving a Uhaul costs around $3000 so we were thinking about what could be more affordable..

Any input would be appreciated - thank you!
My husband and I lived in a 1-bedroom apartment in NYC, and we looked up many routes to move our stuff to Vancouver. I looked up airline shipping, ocean shipping, multiple moving companies between the countries, and the option we found the most affordable was to send our stuff in package via UPS Standard. We shipped about 26 boxes (includes S, M, L, XL size boxes) in total and it costed us less than $2000.
For this option to work of course you need someone who can receive your packages in Canada (for us it was his parents). Also, we didn't ship any furniture except a few metal folding chairs we wanted to bring with us.
If you ever decide to move with this option, it's required to list what's inside your package on the packing list (general category i.e. books, clothes, etc..) and how much it worth. And a custom form is required too. It's time consuming but it didn't really bother us much.
Lastly, make sure to pack things really well. They do handle boxes roughly!

Reactions: sboo16

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
There are many ways to get GCMS notes and I went with one of the private companies who provides the service. I went with GCMSnotes(https://gcmsnotes.com/) but I think people use other companies. You may need some research on that. If you are currently using a representative(immigration lawyer), they can do it on behalf of you as well.
The best and cheapest way to do it is by yourself, costs $5, it isn't difficult. I imagine the other methods will cost you more.

amos13

Feb 25, 2021
Hello everyone! Today I have finally received my eCoPR through the PR Confirmation portal!

However, my photo is still in review with the IRCC. Does anyone know if they will ship out the PR card upon eCoPR decision or is it separate from this process?

Singh123498

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
I am Jan28 applicant, SA/Med/Bio was done just couple days before lockdown, hence file is still at Sydney. My timeline on GCkey shows 50%. If Sydney revs up in October my file were to transfer to VO would be first in line, I would have a shot at completion by 12 months. Now if somebody applying in October, their file would be in queue behind what, 40-50 thousand app right??? Are you saying IRCC would take to clear that backlog and get to the October applicant in about 3-4 months?? cause that's what it would take to complete the app at the 12 month standard.
Congratulations, what’s your VO?

jesuraj.ratnara

Oct 15, 2019
Toronto
Hey has any of the india PA have got COPR? We got our pre-arrival letter in April and than it has gone quiet again. I am aware of the flight situations and covid situations, I am wondering if anyone has heard anything from Immigration for PA's in India.

sboo16

Jan 22, 2021
My husband and I lived in a 1-bedroom apartment in NYC, and we looked up many routes to move our stuff to Vancouver. I looked up airline shipping, ocean shipping, multiple moving companies between the countries, and the option we found the most affordable was to send our stuff in package via UPS Standard. We shipped about 26 boxes (includes S, M, L, XL size boxes) in total and it costed us less than $2000.
For this option to work of course you need someone who can receive your packages in Canada (for us it was his parents). Also, we didn't ship any furniture except a few metal folding chairs we wanted to bring with us.
If you ever decide to move with this option, it's required to list what's inside your package on the packing list (general category i.e. books, clothes, etc..) and how much it worth. And a custom form is required too. It's time consuming but it didn't really bother us much.
Lastly, make sure to pack things really well. They do handle boxes roughly!
Thank you! We will consider that for sure.

*CLARO2020*

Oct 16, 2020
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
2021-05-06
File Transfer...
07-05-2021
Med's Request
06-28-2021
Med's Done....
24-01-2022
Passport Req..
07-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2022
Didn't you provide a police certificate while applying? It should have been valid for 12 months.
No, I was unable to provide a police certificate at time of application Aug 2020 due to Covid. In January 2020 I attempted to get a police certificate when I was married and was told in Cuba by the notary she would not do this at the time, and that it was needed later. Probably because of the backlog prior to covid they were expiring before IRCC processed them.

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Hey all,

We received PPR today from the London Visa Office ! I have a few questions for those who've done this now.
My partner is from Finland, so does not require a Visa, but we need to send a photocopy of the email, passport photocopy, appendix A and photos to the nearest VAC. It says we can do some parts via our online account, but I can't see any place where we can upload the appendix A or passport photocopy on GCKey.

My concern is more in how to ship it to the VAC nearest to us. It states : "Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee." When I follow the link to the VFS website and choose the Finnish VAC, there's no such service or fee on the website, so I am a bit confused as to how we should process here.

Thank you !