+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Feb 18, 2021
not sure my friend, some people have been waiting since beginning of March, some people get it same day. What VOis your application at? We’re both British so background checks should be fairly similar in terms of time. I’ll keep you updated if mine comes through
We actually don't know which VO our application is at as it was never stated in our SA letter.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Omg, thank you so so much for your reply <3
I do not know how I missed that on the governments website but when I read that I can go home AND come back, I burst into tears! My flight home is booked for Monday! I will finally get to see my family and meet my first ever nephew! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to respond to me.
Your comment has helped me so much and I am so so grateful. <3

We have also reached out to our MP and will hopefully have luck with that.

Wishing everybody here luck with their journey. Thank you again so so much. <3
You're welcome. Have a safe trip.

Reactions: armoured

@win

Apr 1, 2021
Hello all,

Please guide me.

I sent my application on 20th August’ 2020 no AOR yet. But there is an update in online tool, in sponsership tab that we have started processing ur application on 23rd Marc 2021. So when can I expect my file no. an biometric request.

Thanks

SamarGill29

Sep 5, 2020
Time line. App Received on 20th August 2020
medical,Biometrics, SA, File transferred to VO(Ottawa)all in December 2020 and Jan 2021 resp. No response ever since file got transferred to Ottawa. Anyone else feeling this challenging situation for outbound application specifically from CPC-Ottawa

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
Hello all,

Please guide me.

I sent my application on 20th August’ 2020 no AOR yet. But there is an update in online tool, in sponsership tab that we have started processing ur application on 23rd Marc 2021. So when can I expect my file no. an biometric request.

Thanks
did you see any message like under ECAS Sponsorship tab?
"We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on Month XX, 2021"

@win

Apr 1, 2021
did you see any message like under ECAS Sponsorship tab?
"We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on Month XX, 2021"
Yes exactly the same line, but there is no update in permanent residence tab. waiting for further updates.

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
Yes exactly the same line, but there is no update in permanent residence tab. waiting for further updates.
so that means Sponsor received the AOR, need to wait for SA letter until you see some progress in PA side.

@win

Apr 1, 2021
so that means Sponsor received the AOR, need to wait for SA letter until you see some progress in PA side.
so That means my application cannot return??
Please do tell me, is it normal that I did not receive any file number yet after this update.
I am bit confused in this. Kindly guide me.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
so That means my application cannot return??
Please do tell me, is it normal that I did not receive any file number yet after this update.
I am bit confused in this. Kindly guide me.
Did you receive the correspondence they refer to? Does your online account show a file number beginning with F?

@win

Apr 1, 2021
Did you receive the correspondence they refer to? Does your online account show a file number beginning with F?
There is no file number showing in my online tool.
Also my husband (sponsor) did not receive any email instead I (PA) received an email from IRCC like this.
Update on IRCC processing capacity for your Family Class – Spouses & Partners application.
If you are a representative, please share this important information with your clients.
Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in Canada. We are looking forward to having you here.

Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we’re experiencing longer than usual processing delays. Rest assured, we are still actively processing your Family Class – Spouses & Partners application, but it will take longer than usual to get back to you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
There is no file number showing in my online tool.
Also my husband (sponsor) did not receive any email instead I (PA) received an email from IRCC like this.
Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we’re experiencing longer than usual processing delays. Rest assured, we are still actively processing your Family Class – Spouses & Partners application, but it will take longer than usual to get back to you.
Is this the only correspondence you received? Did the dates mostly correspond to the processing updated or to a different letter? This general update was sent to most with files in process. But the line "we sent you correspdonce" usually means something like they sent you the AOR, i.e. I don't know if the online tool should show that the general processing update letter was sent.

So I don't know what's going on exactly. Usually when applicants can get info on line it means the AOR stage is done and the application will not be returned.

It could be that since the dates are only from March 23 that it's just some delay in sending the AOR. Either way it does not sound to me like anything to worry about but only a guess.

@win

Apr 1, 2021
Is this the only correspondence you received? Did the dates mostly correspond to the processing updated or to a different letter? This general update was sent to most with files in process. But the line "we sent you correspdonce" usually means something like they sent you the AOR, i.e. I don't know if the online tool should show that the general processing update letter was sent.

So I don't know what's going on exactly. Usually when applicants can get info on line it means the AOR stage is done and the application will not be returned.

It could be that since the dates are only from March 23 that it's just some delay in sending the AOR. Either way it does not sound to me like anything to worry about but only a guess.
Yes, only this correspondence I received till now and absolutely do not know what is happening because there is complete silence after that update. Hope everything goes well now.
Even I am considering to apply for TRV as this process is killing me