Med's Done....
24-11-2020
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2021
My ECAS just changed to APPLICATION RECEIVED. My sponsor approval letter did not say what visa office my application would be transferred to (that part was blank), and when I sent a web form they did not let me know. I've completed my biometrics and passed my medical, so I'm guessing this would maybe be my AOR2?
When your application received changes again to in process that is AOR2

Reactions: DiiDii

DW86

Sep 16, 2020
I'm wondering if anyone can help...

I am from the UK and my Canadian common law partner is my sponsor. Application arrived on August 24th and since then we've heard nothing! In that time, she has moved back to Canada as her UK visa expired and I joined her on a normal ETA visa earlier this month - so obviously I have to go back within six months.

I sent a few webforms updating my address when he originally left in October but didn't hear anything and so I'm worried that my application may have been returned to an address that we no longer live at. Has anybody had a similar experience? Do the AORs come as letters, email or both? And would we get any notification if the application had been sent back?

Thanks in advance

Kayessgee

Aug 27, 2020

I am from the UK and my Canadian common law partner is my sponsor. Application arrived on August 24th and since then we've heard nothing! In that time, she has moved back to Canada as her UK visa expired and I joined her on a normal ETA visa earlier this month - so obviously I have to go back within six months.

I sent a few webforms updating my address when he originally left in October but didn't hear anything and so I'm worried that my application may have been returned to an address that we no longer live at. Has anybody had a similar experience? Do the AORs come as letters, email or both? And would we get any notification if the application had been sent back?

Thanks in advance
I could be wrong but I remember reading that they will return applications through email now. They often say they’re doing things and then don’t actually do them so I don’t know how comforting that is. Did you call and get a temp number yet? I would also be concerned about not hearing back about webforms because they do send a response if they’ve received them.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Thanks in advance
You should try calling to see what the situation is.

You won't necessarily need to leave in six months, extending visa is possible.

DW86

Sep 16, 2020
I could be wrong but I remember reading that they will return applications through email now. They often say they’re doing things and then don’t actually do them so I don’t know how comforting that is. Did you call and get a temp number yet? I would also be concerned about not hearing back about webforms because they do send a response if they’ve received them.
Thanks for your reply. I haven't called yet, but will today. What information could we get from a temp number?

I did get a reply to a webform last month with an address update so hopefully that will be fine.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks for your reply. I haven't called yet, but will today. What information could we get from a temp number?

I did get a reply to a webform last month with an address update so hopefully that will be fine.
A temp file number won't do anything but confirm it is in the system and is waiting for an officer to start reviewing it. It tells you that the app has been received and hasn't been lost or got misplaced into a closet somewhere.

SamarGill29

Sep 5, 2020
Time line. App Received on 20th August 2020
medical,Biometrics, SA, File transferred to VO(Ottawa)all in December 2020 and Jan 2021 resp. No response ever since file got transferred to Ottawa. Anyone else feeling this challenging situation for outbound application specifically from CPC-Ottawa

SamarGill29

Sep 5, 2020
Hello everyone
I have applied on 25th august and I haven’t received any updation from ircc not a single thing
And when i try to track my application through online tool by putting Uci number (spouse PR card no. ) still it doesn’t show anything ..
What could be the reason ?
Get a Temp No. by calling in and ask about why there is no update. Also link your account with temp no.

Mar 31, 2021
guys i have applied august 2020 for spousal sponsorship but so far till now not single mail or application number is received! i got confirmation from courier saying my application has received already in the sydney office! i am bit worried as it is almost 7-8 month now-not a single mail from immigration . is it normal? my husband is a canadian citizen! i am currently in india

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I by mistake sent a wrong webform to ircc
Will this cause any problem for me ?
Though I haven’t received any file number or anything until now @armoured
No idea unless you can provide us with more info about it, what did you want to send, why did you want to send it, what you should have sent. What is the time line of your app. Was there an ADR that made you send the web form?

bclarke

Aug 17, 2020
Sorry to hear it is taking so long, you should have your husband contact your MP and see if they can inquire for you. Call IRCC and try to get a temporary file number, that would at least tell you that they have it. If you have an Irish passport you don't need a visitor visa, all you need is an eTA to get back into Canada, which is quite fast and easy to get. You should not have a problem coming back to Canada because your spouse is here which makes you exempt from the travel restrictions.

Being the spouse of a CDN citizen or PR is what will get you back here, not because you have a PR in process. You should not have to wait for the PR to be approved. Good luck.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/facts.html

Omg, thank you so so much for your reply <3
I do not know how I missed that on the governments website but when I read that I can go home AND come back, I burst into tears! My flight home is booked for Monday! I will finally get to see my family and meet my first ever nephew! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to respond to me.
Your comment has helped me so much and I am so so grateful. <3

We have also reached out to our MP and will hopefully have luck with that.

Wishing everybody here luck with their journey. Thank you again so so much. <3

Reactions: Canada2020eh

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Just received my pre arrival letter today! How long does it normally take to get DM/PPR from now?
not sure my friend, some people have been waiting since beginning of March, some people get it same day. What VOis your application at? We’re both British so background checks should be fairly similar in terms of time. I’ll keep you updated if mine comes through