+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

ars23

Jul 14, 2020
My ECAS just changed to APPLICATION RECEIVED. My sponsor approval letter did not say what visa office my application would be transferred to (that part was blank), and when I sent a web form they did not let me know. I've completed my biometrics and passed my medical, so I'm guessing this would maybe be my AOR2?

mounicak

Nov 1, 2020
Hi. I have a question. I renewed my passport and sent a webform now with new passport details. I already have a Decision Made in my ecas. What should i do if i get PPR before my details get updated in the system?

mounicak

Nov 1, 2020
My ECAS just changed to APPLICATION RECEIVED. My sponsor approval letter did not say what visa office my application would be transferred to (that part was blank), and when I sent a web form they did not let me know. I've completed my biometrics and passed my medical, so I'm guessing this would maybe be my AOR2?
Our SA also did not have VO info but we called IRCC to get the information. Most of the files without VO are transferred to Beijing. But you call them once and confirm

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi. I have a question. I renewed my passport and sent a webform now with new passport details. I already have a Decision Made in my ecas. What should i do if i get PPR before my details get updated in the system?
I think it'll be fine to send in the new passport.

Becoming

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
App. Filed.......
02-12-2021
AOR Received.
03-03-2-22
In form 5533 document check list under Proof of Relationship if the couple are married for less than 2 years wedding photos and two of the following documents should be provided
1. Employment of insurance benefit
2. Financial support / shared expenses
3. Relationship recognized by friends/ family
4. Proof of past cohabitation
Can you guys shed some light on what you've done in your situation?
TIA

bclarke

Aug 17, 2020
Hello everyone! I hope you are all holding up okay. <3 Sorry for the long post in advance - I just really need some help right now!

I am reaching out because I am in a difficult place right now. I applied for family sponsorship (my partner is a Canadian citizen and he sponsored me) on the 20th of August 2020 and still have not heard a single thing from Immigration. I don't even know if they received my application. I have reached out to them a few times the first time they told me my application wasn't in the system yet and I am still waiting to hear back from them after I reached out again for some answers.

(We applied for outland sponsorship within Canada so I could go home if anything happened with family members.)

I have been in Canada with my partner since we applied but I am extremely, extremely homesick (I have not been home in over 2 years). I have not been able to work since my visa expired in July last year so my mental health has been suffering so much. My partner is at work all day and the pandemic restrictions mean I cant see my friends too much so I am alone a lot of the time.

I just don't think I can do this much longer, but if I go home - I don't know when I will get to come back to my partner here in Canada since our PR application seems to be taking such a long time. And I know everyone here is having a difficult time because of that too.

Does anyone have any advice or know of any way I can visit my family in Ireland and still come back to my partner? If I applied for a visitor visa would it take just as long to hear back from Immigration? If I was granted a visitor visa while I wait for PR to process, would they let me back into Canada since I have a PR application processing?

I am sorry for this long winded and slightly depressing spiel haha! I am just in a really difficult place right now and as a lot of you are! I would appreciate any help or advice at all. I hope you are all feeling okay and if you are finding things hard right now please know you are not alone. <3

Thank you so much for your time,
Kate

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone! I hope you are all holding up okay. <3 Sorry for the long post in advance - I just really need some help right now!

I am reaching out because I am in a difficult place right now. I applied for family sponsorship (my partner is a Canadian citizen and he sponsored me) on the 20th of August 2020 and still have not heard a single thing from Immigration. I don't even know if they received my application. I have reached out to them a few times the first time they told me my application wasn't in the system yet and I am still waiting to hear back from them after I reached out again for some answers.

(We applied for outland sponsorship within Canada so I could go home if anything happened with family members.)

I have been in Canada with my partner since we applied but I am extremely, extremely homesick (I have not been home in over 2 years). I have not been able to work since my visa expired in July last year so my mental health has been suffering so much. My partner is at work all day and the pandemic restrictions mean I cant see my friends too much so I am alone a lot of the time.

I just don't think I can do this much longer, but if I go home - I don't know when I will get to come back to my partner here in Canada since our PR application seems to be taking such a long time. And I know everyone here is having a difficult time because of that too.

Does anyone have any advice or know of any way I can visit my family in Ireland and still come back to my partner? If I applied for a visitor visa would it take just as long to hear back from Immigration? If I was granted a visitor visa while I wait for PR to process, would they let me back into Canada since I have a PR application processing?

I am sorry for this long winded and slightly depressing spiel haha! I am just in a really difficult place right now and as a lot of you are! I would appreciate any help or advice at all. I hope you are all feeling okay and if you are finding things hard right now please know you are not alone. <3

Thank you so much for your time,
Kate
Sorry to hear it is taking so long, you should have your husband contact your MP and see if they can inquire for you. Call IRCC and try to get a temporary file number, that would at least tell you that they have it. If you have an Irish passport you don't need a visitor visa, all you need is an eTA to get back into Canada, which is quite fast and easy to get. You should not have a problem coming back to Canada because your spouse is here which makes you exempt from the travel restrictions.

Being the spouse of a CDN citizen or PR is what will get you back here, not because you have a PR in process. You should not have to wait for the PR to be approved. Good luck.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/facts.html

Reactions: armoured

Kamala19

Oct 31, 2020
Med's Request
15-11-2020
Med's Done....
24-11-2020
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2021
How much time to get PPR after DM? If anyone has experience please share.

Thank you.
It varies, a day ,two days, a week but recently some people who got DM on 19th march are still waiting for PPR. It took a week to me.