+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi everyone - I’d like to ask a quick one:
We submitted my wife’s application to IRCC back in August. We’re living together on South Africa, hoping to move to Canada if our spousal sponsorship gets approved. We haven’t received any confirmation of receipt from the Sydney office, but the couriers delivered back in August.
What are the time lines looking like? Is everyone else experiencing delays like this? Thanks!
Word now is it can't be up to 6 months for AOR.

Reactions: jonesy

ritod101

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Hi there... even i submitted mine is August and have not received anything yet. I know few who sent after me and have received the AOR. if you see the previous pages, we do not know how they pick. With the current situation, we cant say a time line.
If you are going through a spousal application, its recommended you stay inside Canada.

Infact when you receive your AOR, do let us know ;)
Recommendation to stay inside Canada only applies to sponsors who are PR. Canadian Citizens can be anywhere in the world while they apply as long as they show convincing proof that they are willing to relocate to Canada with their spouse as soon as application is approved.

MelissaMP1

Jun 1, 2020
Hi Everyone,

For those who have received the AOR can you confirm the email it is received from or subject title?

Anxious one day it will be stuck in spam!

Thanks so much!

Kamala19

Oct 31, 2020
Med's Request
15-11-2020
Med's Done....
24-11-2020
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2021
Reactions: jonesy

Namtu

Nov 30, 2020
Hello Everybody,

I have a query regarding the mailing address and email address on the application form IMM0008. So the applicant is in India and I have put the residential address as his address but in the mailing address I have put my address (I am the sponsor and currently residing in Canada). Me and my husband best thought that all the mailing correspondence if any should be received by me. Also for the email.... I have created one email for correspondence which is regularly checked and its under my name as my husband is usually busy and in order to avoid missing any emails from CIC we best thought that we will (for both sponsor and applicant) use just one email address. Is this going to create a problem? Are they going to send back my application?
Am I overthinking this?

Please HELP.

ritod101

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Hello Everybody,

I have a query regarding the mailing address and email address on the application form IMM0008. So the applicant is in India and I have put the residential address as his address but in the mailing address I have put my address (I am the sponsor and currently residing in Canada). Me and my husband best thought that all the mailing correspondence if any should be received by me. Also for the email.... I have created one email for correspondence which is regularly checked and its under my name as my husband is usually busy and in order to avoid missing any emails from CIC we best thought that we will (for both sponsor and applicant) use just one email address. Is this going to create a problem? Are they going to send back my application?
Am I overthinking this?

Please HELP.
This is not a problem as long as you make the sponsor a representative by filling and signing the Use of Rep form. If you didn't include this initially, you can always submit it by webform.

Reactions: Namtu

Nelz

Dec 30, 2020
Hello everyone, has anyone’s application been returned before for missing signature? I have some questions.

I submitted my application in August and just got the application back for a missing signature.

Do we need to replace outdated documents? Eg police report
Also after resubmission, does the application process start afresh or continue from where it stopped. Eg is the timeline for the AOR shorter or the wait starts all over?

Please help

Reactions: Okotoks

snaptrooper

Jun 27, 2020
Hello Everybody,

Am I overthinking this?

Please HELP.
Logically this shouldn't create any issue and having the same email address doesn't serve a reason for rejecting an application. Also, CIC doesn't send any mails to overseas address. Its good that you gave your Canada address.

For receiving updates during application, the best way is to link the application (after receiving AOR) to your gckey account.

Namtu

Nov 30, 2020
This is not a problem as long as you make the sponsor a representative by filling and signing the Use of Rep form. If you didn't include this initially, you can always submit it by webform.
Thank you !! Appreciate your help.

Namtu

Nov 30, 2020
Logically this shouldn't create any issue and having the same email address doesn't serve a reason for rejecting an application. Also, CIC doesn't send any mails to overseas address. Its good that you gave your Canada address.

For receiving updates during application, the best way is to link the application (after receiving AOR) to your gckey account.
Thank you!! Appreciate your help.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello Everybody,

Am I overthinking this?

Please HELP.
Since you have given an email addy on the application all correspondence should be sent there not through regular mail.

jn1234

Nov 14, 2018
Hello all,

We submitted our spousal "outland" application in the last week of August 2020 and have been anxiously waiting for any communication, but nothing yet. Just wanted to check if anyone who applied around same time has received any communication or AOR?

Thanks! Appreciate your help and your time!

Reactions: MartininPhoenix

gouthamj

Dec 31, 2020
Hi,
Can some one please help on the translation requirement. Is it okey to get the certified true copy like the below scenarios:
Scenario 1:
1) Translate document from certified translator
2)Translated copy includes photocopy of document with translator seal, translat
ed version and affidavit.
3) Take the document photocopy with translator seal to notary public and get certified true copy on it. ( first translate and then get true copy)

scenario 2:
1) Translate document from certified translator
2)Translated copy includes photocopy of document with translator seal, translat
ed version and affidavit.
3)eave tge translated cooy as it and take another document photocopy to notary public and get certified true copy on it. (translated copy and the true copy are independent)

Thanks