+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

Sniperflutt

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
You can request for GCMS notes to get the additional details
https://chat.whatsapp.com/HhIJJrYS2ZvJ5uwwsEpwh2
Hi
I have contacted my MP office and after a week they replied back with the below feedback :

please see the response below our office has received from IRCC pertaining to the status of your application.

We can provide you with the following details about the status of the following application:
  • The application was received on August 11, 2020.
  • The knowledge test has passed.
  • The responsible office has not started the residency obligation yet.
  • No further documentation or information has been requested by the officer.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
  • As of today, no final decision has been made. The responsible office will inform the applicant in writing as soon as a decision is rendered.
It is a frustrating reply because it is not adding any more details than what I can see on the IRCC portal. In conclusion IRCC said we still working on the file and "The responsible office has not started the residency obligation yet ". Now my MP is advising that I can submit a request to expedite my file if I have valid reasons with supporting documents. actually I want to expedite the process to be able to travel to my parents and take care of them since they are having health issues and no one can take care of them for the time being. any advice if that can make IRCC expedite the process and what documents can I share with them to support my case?

Thank you

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I have contacted my MP office and after a week they replied back with the below feedback :

please see the response below our office has received from IRCC pertaining to the status of your application.

We can provide you with the following details about the status of the following application:
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
  • As of today, no final decision has been made. The responsible office will inform the applicant in writing as soon as a decision is rendered.
It is a frustrating reply because it is not adding any more details than what I can see on the IRCC portal. In conclusion IRCC said we still working on the file and "The responsible office has not started the residency obligation yet ". Now my MP is advising that I can submit a request to expedite my file if I have valid reasons with supporting documents. actually I want to expedite the process to be able to travel to my parents and take care of them since they are having health issues and no one can take care of them for the time being. any advice if that can make IRCC expedite the process and what documents can I share with them to support my case?

Thank you
Sorry to hear that, you can provide any hospitalization record, medical bills and a note from the doctor back home stating the diagnosis and treatment plan. If you are employed you can show that you have applied for leave of absence for the stated period. I would strongly recommend summarizing all of this in a cover letter while sending for urgent processing. However I have read here that it can take up to 1-2 months for them to acknowledge your request for urgent processing. Good luck

Reactions: VishalRathi

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hi

Thank you
Hi,
On the onset, I would like to say that you "might" be lucky to have got one of the MPs offices who go that extra mile. Here's my advice, since I have gone through an almost similar experience not so long ago.

Reply to your MP, stating the reason (health issues) in a brief but convincing manner. Also tell them when you intend to travel, and wait for their response. If they are able to, they might offer you to apply for the Urgent Processing (UP) application on your behalf. Send them all the documents as @royce110 suggested above with a cover letter addressed to IRCC + flight tickets. The MP's office will then forward it to the IRCC office. If IRCC approves the UP request, expect to see sudden movements on your file within 5-10 days, even before you get confirmation email from the MP's office. Fingers crossed!

On the other hand, in case their office is not so forthcoming to apply for UP on your behalf, you may then request them if they are willing to submit UP application on your behalf (considering the situation that you are in), and that you can send all the documents needed for UP to them. This will be a long shot, but worth a try based on your MP's initial response.

Best of luck!

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
So finally my Citizenship Ceremony was completed. It was pretty smooth and quick - total it took 1 hour & 5 minutes. Finally I am a Canadian :)
My experience below:

1) I joined the meeting a couple of minutes before the scheduled time. I was let into the break room exactly on time.
2) 5 minutes later my officer went through with the basic instructions. I requested for an In-Person pickup of the Certificate, but request was politely denied. But was told I should get it pretty quick since I am residing in the same area. Then went back to Break room.
3) Ceremony started within 10 minutes. Total 53 participants only.
4) Went back to the break room for more waiting.
5) Finally the officer made me cut out my PR card and confirmed my address. Call ended.
6) Immediately emailed the digitally signed Oath form as instructed.

Now wait for Certificate begins..

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
So finally my Citizenship Ceremony was completed. It was pretty smooth and quick - total it took 1 hour & 5 minutes. Finally I am a Canadian :)
My experience below:

1) I joined the meeting a couple of minutes before the scheduled time. I was let into the break room exactly on time.
2) 5 minutes later my officer went through with the basic instructions. I requested for an In-Person pickup of the Certificate, but request was politely denied. But was told I should get it pretty quick since I am residing in the same area. Then went back to Break room.
3) Ceremony started within 10 minutes. Total 53 participants only.
4) Went back to the break room for more waiting.
5) Finally the officer made me cut out my PR card and confirmed my address. Call ended.
6) Immediately emailed the digitally signed Oath form as instructed.

Now wait for Certificate begins..
keep me posted when your status gets updated and you receive the oath letter please

Reactions: vvarma

MarcX

Nov 19, 2020
Hi

Thank you

not trying to be rude, but you must need a Canadian passport to travel? PR card expired?

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
My application tracker was updated yesterday and says I have been scheduled to take the oath Next on April 20. however I have not received the instructions . Are the instructructions suppose to come at the same time with the update or do they delay a little?

Reactions: VishalRathi

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
My application tracker was updated yesterday and says I have been scheduled to take the oath Next on April 20. however I have not received the instructions . Are the instructructions suppose to come at the same time with the update or do they delay a little?
dont worry, this is common.... the mail with instructions usually come a few days / weeks before the oath..

Reactions: minesweeper

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
Hi
Just updated today
My oath was scheduled on march 21 2022
Today I randomly checked my tracker and everything is completed with green.
Good luck everyone

Johntierney

Feb 9, 2022
Got my oath date today (March 22nd. Unfortunately, I will be on vacation during that time.

Does anyone know if they can reschedule it to 2 weeks later?

I send them a message using the web form noting that I wouldn't be available in March, but they booked it anyway? Pretty annoying, considering they ask you to inform them of times that you won't be in the country

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Got my oath date today (March 22nd. Unfortunately, I will be on vacation during that time.

I send them a message using the web form noting that I wouldn't be available in March, but they booked it anyway? Pretty annoying, considering they ask you to inform them of times that you won't be in the country
Highly unlikely that they will accede to your 2-week postponement request. But you can definitely send them an email and hope that they do. Also, keep in mind that IRCC would likely divert all their resources to Ukraine now (read infinite delays)
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-unlimited-number-ukrainians-1.6371288

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Your email was considered that you won't take it as scheduled, and they will reschedule it. They won't acknowledge that. Also, they will most likely not schedule you after 2 weeks after the original date. Be prepared for another 3-6 months delay.

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
You weren't checking everyday? Congrats.
I was hopeless because it’s long journey so I was not checking everyday but today I checked it’s surprised even my husband also waiting for his oath ceremony he is ahead of me 6months

Reactions: CaBeaver

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I was hopeless because it’s long journey so I was not checking everyday but today I checked it’s surprised even my husband also waiting for his oath ceremony he is ahead of me 6months
I'm jealous that you have a husband!

• Haha
Reactions: alexpolis007