Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
23rd January 2016 at YVR (Vancouver)
Thanks for your wishes and all that valuable info. I am already worried about dealing with BLS! Once the OCI card is in hand - then I can actually say that my journey is truly over!
I am going through the same stress, the reviews of CGI Toronto and BLS aren’t very promising in terms of time taken to process the OCI application,

And it looks very much like a scam to me that you have to spend 5 times the money to surrender the passport as compared to what you spend on getting a new passport.

• Sad
Reactions: vvarma

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I am going through the same stress, the reviews of CGI Toronto and BLS aren’t very promising in terms of time taken to process the OCI application,

And it looks very much like a scam to me that you have to spend 5 times the money to surrender the passport as compared to what you spend on getting a new passport.
A total scam indeed. Why would they charge for surrender, of all things, is anybody's guess!

Reactions: VishalRathi

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Totally agree, I saw a huge lineup in front of BLS Brampton yesterday. I went outside later and saw notices put up that say its by appointment only and I spoke with a guy waiting in line who said this is the 2nd time he’s coming as the first time they didnt allow him without appointment and the total cost is around $500+ from surrender to OCI (travel and costs excluding) and the process can take around 3-4 months.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Thank you, I have started following it. Earlier this week, the earliest available date I got an in-person appointment (Vancouver BLS) was for 6th April!!! LOL. Looks like they really want to promote their money-making Purolator service. I live couple of blocks from BLS and do plan to gate crash once, once I get my passport in hand. Beg/plead/cry although most likely they will turn me away LOL

• Haha
Reactions: VishalRathi

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Update to my previous post:

So upon discussing the above undue delay in processing, and my need to travel back to my home country for an extended duration, my MP advised me to apply for UP through their office. After sending all the documents to them on Feb 4, I have finally received my Oath Invite today!!! :) Even though there are still many hurdles left (Certificate, Passport, Surrender, OCI) between Oath and my flight in May, nevertheless its a massive relief from all the stress that I was subjected to since the past 3-4 months.

My updated timelines - request somebody to please update the tracker (and thanks!)
Location (city): Vancouver, BC
App type (single or # of people): Single
Physical presence days: 1114
App sent date: August 1, 2020
App delivered date: August 7, 2020
AOR: November 22, 2020
In Process: January 21, 2021
Background Check Completed: February 25, 2021
Test Invite (online update): November 9, 2021 (Test Window: Nov 12 - Dec 3, 2021)
Test Date: November 12, 2021 (Test Complete: Nov 15)
UP Request sent (via MP office): February 4, 2022
Doc Request Rec'd & Sent: February 8, 2022 (no interview)
DM: February 9, 2022
Oath Invite: February 15, 2022 (on tracker)
Oath Invite Email: Awaited..
Oath Date: March 2, 2022
Certificate receipt: ??
Update: Received the ceremony email today. Someone please update the tracker, thanks.

MarcX

Nov 19, 2020
Update to my previous post:

So upon discussing the above undue delay in processing, and my need to travel back to my home country for an extended duration, my MP advised me to apply for UP through their office. After sending all the documents to them on Feb 4, I have finally received my Oath Invite today!!! :) Even though there are still many hurdles left (Certificate, Passport, Surrender, OCI) between Oath and my flight in May, nevertheless its a massive relief from all the stress that I was subjected to since the past 3-4 months.

My updated timelines - request somebody to please update the tracker (and thanks!)
Location (city): Vancouver, BC
App type (single or # of people): Single
Physical presence days: 1114
App sent date: August 1, 2020
App delivered date: August 7, 2020
AOR: November 22, 2020
In Process: January 21, 2021
Background Check Completed: February 25, 2021
Test Invite (online update): November 9, 2021 (Test Window: Nov 12 - Dec 3, 2021)
Test Date: November 12, 2021 (Test Complete: Nov 15)
UP Request sent (via MP office): February 4, 2022
Doc Request Rec'd & Sent: February 8, 2022 (no interview)
DM: February 9, 2022
Oath Invite: February 15, 2022 (on tracker)
Oath Invite Email: Awaited..
Oath Date: March 2, 2022
Certificate receipt: ??
dude good job! do you think contacting your MP did make some changes here? what's UP?

Reactions: vvarma

uvsrsk

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
done with the oath yesterday. had to wait in the virtual breakout room for about 45 mins - 1 hour till all the participants' details were verified. The actual ceremony itself was done in 30 mins.
Canadian! yay!

patienceandope

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
done with the oath yesterday. had to wait in the virtual breakout room for about 45 mins - 1 hour till all the participants' details were verified. The actual ceremony itself was done in 30 mins.
Canadian! yay!
Congrats
What is virtual break out room? did they tell you they are going to put you in that room or you were just waiting to connect?

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
dude good job! do you think contacting your MP did make some changes here? what's UP?
UP = Urgent Processing. Yes in my case it was 100% my MP who proactively engaged between me and the IRCC officer, and then later forwarded my UP application to IRCC.

Mayorr

Aug 4, 2020
Can one get his Citizenship certificate immediately after oath and then apply for urgent passport processing? I live in Houston, Texas now and will only be coming to Canada for the ceremony and intend to stay there for about 3 days after the ceremony as I have got to go back to work the week after the ceremony.

Mayorr

Aug 4, 2020
I have also got another question guys. Please can one attend the the oath ceremony in any city in Canada or one has got to go to the city one stated as one's current address in Canada? I used to live in Calgary when I was in Canada but the current address IRCC has in their records is my uncle's address in Edmonton.

Last edited: