+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Ive got an update on my timeline, please include in the spreadsheet. Thank you.

Decision Made: August 6
Oath Ceremony: October 4 - I received an invitation just now

I hope everyone get their Citizenship asap too. Hang in there.
Hi and congrats!
Could you please answer the following:
- When did you submit your application?
- Did you also see the Oath invite in the online tracker, or only by email?
- Was your application urgent?
I got DM on August 4, but no updates since then:(
Best of luck and thanks for sharing:)

May 4, 2021

Congrats!

I got Decision Made June 30th. I've heard nothing since then. Been waiting almost three months. :(

pammie1621

May 19, 2021
Hi and congrats!
Could you please answer the following:
- When did you submit your application?
- Did you also see the Oath invite in the online tracker, or only by email?
- Was your application urgent?
I got DM on August 4, but no updates since then:(
Best of luck and thanks for sharing:)
Hello. I submitted my application in August. When I received the email today, I checked on the tracker as well and it showed that I am scheduled for the oath (last updated on Sept 22). Im not really sure if my local office tagged my file as urgent because it still took them almost two months to schedule an oath.

Reactions: Anjushka

NaCanada2016

Aug 25, 2021

Congrats
I passed my test June 21, and got DM July 30, it's almost 3 months since my test, still waiting for Oath :-(

tam_131

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Is it possible to go to my local citizenship office and take to people there about my urgent request? It has been a month and everytime I call they say that my request was forward to a supervisor in the local office. Has anyone had experience with this or was able to talk to people in their local office? Much appreciated!

misslissa

Nov 16, 2014
Wow good to finally see some movement here. I haven't checked in since we sent hubby (applicant) back to the UK after getting official confirmation that you could do the test online.

Just wanted to let you guys know that it appears that, unfortunately, hubby's application is one of the few that got a request for fingerprints, which we were notified of only two weeks after he got to the UK - go figure! He was planning on spending a few months with family, but now he's going to come back to do that here. And if anyone has travelled during COVID you know how much of a nightmare that is! Sigh

Not sure why he was flagged. He's actually ex-military and ex-police and we submitted a new UK police check when we applied because he had been out of Canada for more than 6 months. Never even a glimpse of a record from his 8 years in Canada. We're guessing it's just a random request (which sucks given the timing) or that his name and/or birthdate is similar to some sketchy Canadian person.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Just curious if anyone on here might be able to answer this as i believe there will be some people in this situation. I'm looking after the citizenship application for my aunt and her PR card is due to expire at the end of this month (September). Her citizenship application is at the DM stage waiting for oath and all of the other conditions have been met on the website. She is currently living in Canada and had a trip booked to the UK (mid COVID) for March 2022 but with all the delays people are having waiting with their oath dates, there is a change that her oath might not happen before her trip. The situation arises whereby we apply for a new PR card and she takes her oath between now and her travel date, the new PR card is now considered void because she will be a citizen. Does anyone know of any solutions to this scenario?

gantisunil86

Sep 9, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
Just curious if anyone on here might be able to answer this as i believe there will be some people in this situation. I'm looking after the citizenship application for my aunt and her PR card is due to expire at the end of this month (September). Her citizenship application is at the DM stage waiting for oath and all of the other conditions have been met on the website. She is currently living in Canada and had a trip booked to the UK (mid COVID) for March 2022 but with all the delays people are having waiting with their oath dates, there is a change that her oath might not happen before her trip. The situation arises whereby we apply for a new PR card and she takes her oath between now and her travel date, the new PR card is now considered void because she will be a citizen. Does anyone know of any solutions to this scenario?
Try to raise a web form and request for Urgent Processing! I believe they would consider it, if not do apply for PR Card, and even if she takes Oath and Gets her Certificate, it would only be a loss of few "$"

Reactions: robreeves

gantisunil86

Sep 9, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
Wow good to finally see some movement here. I haven't checked in since we sent hubby (applicant) back to the UK after getting official confirmation that you could do the test online.

Just wanted to let you guys know that it appears that, unfortunately, hubby's application is one of the few that got a request for fingerprints, which we were notified of only two weeks after he got to the UK - go figure! He was planning on spending a few months with family, but now he's going to come back to do that here. And if anyone has travelled during COVID you know how much of a nightmare that is! Sigh

Not sure why he was flagged. He's actually ex-military and ex-police and we submitted a new UK police check when we applied because he had been out of Canada for more than 6 months. Never even a glimpse of a record from his 8 years in Canada. We're guessing it's just a random request (which sucks given the timing) or that his name and/or birthdate is similar to some sketchy Canadian person.
Ahhh that sucks, travelling during Covid :-| i feel you, i am not sure if Fingerprint is a random request, because the VO follows specific instructions. When was the Application Submitted and when was the Background Cleared? The Criminality has expiry of 1 year from RCMP end, and if that expires they could ask for new FingerPrints so they can get some "$" for the services as well they don't have to bother RCMP via their channel.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Try to raise a web form and request for Urgent Processing! I believe they would consider it, if not do apply for PR Card, and even if she takes Oath and Gets her Certificate, it would only be a loss of few "$"
Thanks, I figured it might be best to bite the bullet and just apply for the PR card and hope all this does either just delays until after her trip or that it doesn't get processed whilst she is in the UK.

abhishekp90

Jun 30, 2021
One more candidate (me) waiting for Oath. It been more than a month :(
Would be nice if they give me some date, so i can at least make some travel plans. Before or After Ceremony