+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
1. You've already got DM because everything except Oath says "Completed". Check ECAS

2. You'll see it when IRCC update the status dashboard with the oath notification. This might take a while. To avoid disappointment, expect it'll take a couple of months from now to see the oath notification. However, it could happen much sooner than that.

3. Currently, oath dates are being scheduled in October and November for 2020 applicants. So, you'll have plenty of time from the date you are first notified about oath (on the status dashboard) to the actual oath date. You'll receive an oath email about 1 or 2 weeks before the oath ceremony.

Congrats and wish you all the very best!
Thank you "rajkamalmohanram.
Yes, you’re right. I checked ECAS last night and saw DM.
I’m in no rush for the remaining process - as I’m outside of Canada, but was just asking to make sure that the Oath Ceremony won’t happen any time soon.
Because it took a long time to get the other steps completed since when I took the test, I was afraid they might notify of Oath Ceremony soon. Anyways, I now know there’s still lots of time to ‘enjoy’ waiting :))
Take care,

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i'm still waiting too. Everything showing as in progress with no sign of a test invite. Bit frustrating when you see everyone else in this group (as well as those in September, October, November AND December getting test invites).

Some VO's way slower than others I guess.

Anyone seen any movement on the West Coast? It really looks like noone from Vancouver is really getting a test invite.
I feel your pain. Everything is still in progress and getting no proper answer for follow ups being made even via the MPs office.

Quite frustrating to see no movement whatsoever.

fafaly

Feb 23, 2017
Hi everyone. I use the online 'citizenship application tracker' to check my application and there is no update since March 1, 2021. The last update is 'background verification completed' but others (English proficiency, physical presence) are still 'in progress'. I mean it is more than five months now without any changes or updates. Does anyone have a similar experience? Also, I am new to the forum, can someone please add my application to the spreadsheet?
App. type: single
physical presence: 1102
app. sent: Aug 4, 2020
App. delivered: Aug 7, 2020
AOR: Jan 26, 2021
In progress: Jan 11, 2021 (!) (based on the online tracker)

Thank you.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. I use the online 'citizenship application tracker' to check my application and there is no update since March 1, 2021. The last update is 'background verification completed' but others (English proficiency, physical presence) are still 'in progress'. I mean it is more than five months now without any changes or updates. Does anyone have a similar experience? Also, I am new to the forum, can someone please add my application to the spreadsheet?

Thank you.
There are people whose background checks have not been completed yet, everything is in progress. Once your BG checks are completed its just a matter of time for the next steps.

People who have NO MOVEMENT in their application face the worry of extended processing delays, you are fortunately not in that boat

Reactions: fafaly

fafaly

Feb 23, 2017
There are people whose background checks have not been completed yet, everything is in progress. Once your BG checks are completed its just a matter of time for the next steps.

People who have NO MOVEMENT in their application face the worry of extended processing delays, you are fortunately not in that boat
Thanks! Hope we all hear some good news soon.

Reactions: royce110

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016

Thank you.
I have your exact timeline !! I’m still waiting for the test! I’m from Calgary

Reactions: fafaly