+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

SinghfromTexas

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
Dallas Texas, USA
Not me but my wife did, I passed my BG in Feb. 2021 and I guess her application is delaying mine :D don't want to tell her that, I don't want to open a second front with her too so one front ( IRCC) is painful enough.:rolleyes:
Hey bud . Have you received your test invitation ( your BG completed ) . I know applicants , spouse applied together .Wife’s BG was completed in Feb 2021 whereas husband’s still in progress ( FP requested). Wife recently got online test invite and passed .
So I can say , even in family application Officer can send test invite to one applicant whose BG is completed.

Last edited:

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
with the delays in processing applications, everyone is stressed ... regardless of their current processing stage, everyone's life decisions or plans have been affected in a way or the other. even if their BG check is completed, it doesn't make them in a better position not to be distressed or shouldn't complain, they still are in waiting phase as well as everyone else.
All we can do here is be patient with each other as we are all in the same boat my friend
I would disagree, people whose BG checks are completed and who have written the test ARE definitely in a better position than those who have not seen any movement in their application as their process will complete before the rest in all likelihood. The wait times affect different applicants differently.

Especially like @harirajmohan stated, it is beyond frustrating to see applicants who applied much after you get to the test and oath when you are stuck in purgatory.

Bu at the end of the day who are we, just usernames venting our frustrations on an internet forum.

DK1992

Mar 8, 2018
Hi Guys, I have a question regarding the address change. Maybe someone was in the same situation and could share. I've submitted my CIC change of address multiple times since July 1st but there is still my old address on the file. It says they will change it in 5 business days or something. Who should I contact directly regarding my issue? What email should I use to reach them?
Many thanks to everyone!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi Guys, I have a question regarding the address change. Maybe someone was in the same situation and could share. I've submitted my CIC change of address multiple times since July 1st but there is still my old address on the file. It says they will change it in 5 business days or something. Who should I contact directly regarding my issue? What email should I use to reach them?
Many thanks to everyone!
Dont submit multiple times. Its taking time(2-5-6 weeks) to get updated nowadays. Mine took 10 days. My son's request took 5-6 weeks.
Contact call center of course. No email.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hey bud . Have you received your test invitation ( your BG completed ) . I know applicants , spouse applied together .Wife’s BG was completed in Feb 2021 whereas husband’s still in progress ( FP requested). Wife recently got online test invite and passed .
So I can say , even in family application Officer can send test invite to one applicant whose BG is completed.
Hey I didn't receive the test yet, but honestly I want to receive my test at the same time with my wife. We both have BG completed now and hope to receive the test soon.

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Hi All,

I have a couple of questions

1) How long it takes for the citizenship ceremony after taking the citizenship test.

2) Would they call for an interview in all cases or just for cases where they need more information ?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,

I have a couple of questions

1) How long it takes for the citizenship ceremony after taking the citizenship test.

2) Would they call for an interview in all cases or just for cases where they need more information ?

Thanks
1. That's a very difficult question. Timeline greatly varies between applicants. Assume it will take 3 to 5 months after the test is set to "Completed" given the current backlog for oath.

2. Not everyone receives an interview request.

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
I would disagree, people whose BG checks are completed and who have written the test ARE definitely in a better position than those who have not seen any movement in their application as their process will complete before the rest in all likelihood. The wait times affect different applicants differently.

Especially like @harirajmohan stated, it is beyond frustrating to see applicants who applied much after you get to the test and oath when you are stuck in purgatory.

Bu at the end of the day who are we, just usernames venting our frustrations on an internet forum.
indeed ... a bunch of usernames lol

elgaaato

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hi there,

Completed my test yesterday, it was quite easy got 20 out of 20. :)
During the test tho I expirienced two popups as if I was changing tabs even tho the only tab open was the exam tab. Did anyone else experience that ?
I hope they won't tell me to retest.

So here we are on the long waiting line again!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

USIndian

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Hi all,

I am an August 2020 applicant from Montreal. Got AOR in November 23. Passed Citizenship test on June 17. This morning everything in my application says "Completed" except for Oath. But the application status is still in "Progress"
I recently moved to a new apartment. How do I submit a request for address change? My mail is going to be forwarded to my new address for a year. Will changing address cause any delays?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Al

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all,

I am an August 2020 applicant from Montreal. Got AOR in November 23. Passed Citizenship test on June 17. This morning everything in my application says "Completed" except for Oath. But the application status is still in "Progress"
I recently moved to a new apartment. How do I submit a request for address change? My mail is going to be forwarded to my new address for a year. Will changing address cause any delays?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Al
That's Decision Made. Congrats.

You can change your address here => https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=coa&lang=en

If the new apartment you moved to falls under the same jurisdiction of the office that is currently processing your application, then there won't be file transfer and there won't be any delays.

Samuel_

Oct 1, 2017
Hello everyone,

i Just passed the exam, score was 18/20.

Application Sent: August 10,2020
Application Received: August 13, 2020
Physical Presence: 1100
AOR Received: January 13, 2021
In Process ecas: January 26, 2021
Test Invite letter date: July 13, 2021
Test Passed: July 20, 2021

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

annushaveta

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Everyone.

I passed my citizenship test and it has been updated in the online CIC tracker as well. Dear Admin-Pls update my status in the spreadsheet.

If anybody wants to check the status of application. please use below mentioned link provided by CIC.

https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en?utm_campaign=cit-app-tracker&utm_medium=email&utm_source=cit-invitation-210528&utm_content=check-application-progress

Hope to get the ceremony date soon. All the best everyone.

Thanks
Well, unless you provide the date when you passed the test and the date when it was updated to "Completed", I can't update the spreadsheet.

Thank you!