+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My local office is Vancouver. I have noticed starting yesterday most BG pending applicants started getting finger print mail or had there status updated to complete. I can see there is some movment with June /July/Aug applications.
That is good at least there is some movement. It appears there is a large chunk of people still sitting in BG checks ‘in progress’ .. I wonder when this wait will end.

I read somewhere that applicants who were originally PNP candidates might be facing delays, not sure why that is or how far its true but I am a OPNP candidate myself.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
That is good at least there is some movement. It appears there is a large chunk of people still sitting in BG checks ‘in progress’ .. I wonder when this wait will end.

I read somewhere that applicants who were originally PNP candidates might be facing delays, not sure why that is or how far its true but I am a OPNP candidate myself.
I don't think PNP has to do anything with this. That is just a myth at this point without evidence. I'm a provincial nominee myself and I did not face this issue. Several of my friends who are provincial nominees as well have got the test invitation without too much delay.

Reactions: royce110

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Interview and Oath don't have a window.

At this time, there are no reports on the forum OR no official news about IRCC allowing applicants to take the interview outside Canada.

Oath certainly cannot be taken outside Canada because you'll have to cut your PR card at the end of the ceremony (on camera) and you won't get your citizenship certificate for the next few weeks and you can't apply for a Canadian passport without the citizenship certificate.
Thanks so much for your answers,
Btw, are there any reports of applicants being called for an interview- how long after the test and for what specific/individual reason would that be the case? I have a feeling that interview are not very common, it's only just a guess though.
I'll have to travel overseas soon and will probably be away for a month, and am a bit worried about the time when l have the oath ceremony. Am not that worried about a potential interview now, since they will most probably allow it happen even if the applicant is outside Canada, for as long as they're doing the same with the tests.
Have a good night rajkamalmohanram and thanks again for your valuable feedback.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks so much for your answers,
Btw, are there any reports of applicants being called for an interview- how long after the test and for what specific/individual reason would that be the case? I have a feeling that interview are not very common, it's only just a guess though.
I'll have to travel overseas soon and will probably be away for a month, and am a bit worried about the time when l have the oath ceremony. Am not that worried about a potential interview now, since they will most probably allow it happen even if the applicant is outside Canada, for as long as they're doing the same with the tests.
Have a good night rajkamalmohanram and thanks again for your valuable feedback.
Yes there are reports of interviews. About a month or two ago, interviews used to follow closely after the test (in a week or 10 days). Now, interviews can be scheduled sometime after the test (like in about a month or so). There is a chance to receive an interview request OR an additional document request (a common request is requesting all pages of the passport) OR both. At this time, there is no report of IRCC allowing applicants to attend the interview from outside Canada. The exception has only been made for online citizenship tests. The chance of receiving an interview request is close to zero after "Decision Made" status on ECAS (same as when "Prohibitions" is set to "Completed" on the status dashboard).

Needless to say, for oath, you must absolutely be present in Canada.

And you're welcome! All the very best!

Reactions: Anjushka

silly_chantell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7 Jul 17
Nomination.....
02 Aug 17
AOR Received.
26 Oct 17
Med's Done....
18 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2018
Thanks for the note, when did your BG checks show as complete on the tracker?
Timeline as per Tracker:

Application filed : Jan 13, 2021
Background Verified : Mar 9, 2021
Test completed : Jul 5, 2021

As stated all others are in progress

Caroline1234

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hi guys I recieved my atip can any senior member @rajkamalmohanram or someone tell me what does this mean and if it’s something to worry about :
The processing of your request is now complete and enclosed is the personal information to which you are entitled to under section 12(1) of the Privacy Act, which only permits you to access information about yourself. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:

Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, 22(1)(b) law enforcement and investigation

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys I recieved my atip can any senior member @rajkamalmohanram or someone tell me what does this mean and if it’s something to worry about :
The processing of your request is now complete and enclosed is the personal information to which you are entitled to under section 12(1) of the Privacy Act, which only permits you to access information about yourself. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:

Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, 22(1)(b) law enforcement and investigation
Did you request information for yourself or for someone else?

While I haven't seen such a response to ATIP request, I understand why they might have responded this way. If IRCC / CBSA / RCMP or CSIS is actively investigating you for some reason, that might be one of the reasons why you received such a response.

Now, I'm not saying that is the case here but I'm just saying it might be.

As long as you don't have anything to hide OR you did not misrepresent yourself, you should be fine.

@dpenabill => Could you please let me know if you have anything to add to this? Thank you.

Caroline1234

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016

While I haven't seen such a response to ATIP request, I understand why they might have responded this way. If IRCC / CBSA / RCMP or CSIS is actively investigating you for some reason, that might be one of the reasons why you received such a response.

As long as you don't have anything to hide OR you did not misrepresent yourself, you should be fine.

@dpenabill => Could you please let me know if you have anything to add to this? Thank you.
Yeah I request information for myself however it says the same thing for the police record check the same section 21 and 22

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Caroline1234

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016

the application that I submitted in august 2020 was for me and my son

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Not arguing but looks like Scarborough office is still processing 2019 applications. I have personally not come across a 2020 applicant from Scarborough office who got test invite, @rajkamalmohanram can perhaps pitch in, have you come across any 2020 applicant from Scarborough who got test invite?
the Kitchener Waterloo office folks will fight you on this:D apparently they’re also debating if KW is the slowest of the slow.

• Haha

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
the Kitchener Waterloo office folks will fight you on this:D apparently they’re also debating if KW is the slowest of the slow.
Well the Vancouver office have got seriously offended by now - considering the commendable efforts they have taken to ensure that there is ZERO movement on anyone's application. Most likely they will now consider shutting down the office altogether! :eek:

Samuel_

Oct 1, 2017
Hello everyone, on the dashboard, there’s message scheduled for citizenship test. But I did not receive any emails. Is that normal?thank you in advance