+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Update.......

Passed my Citizenship Test Today. Can anyone please update spreadsheet?

App Type: 1 Applicant
Physical Presence Days: 1106
App Sent: August 17, 2020
App Delivered: August 20, 2020
AOR: January 25, 2020
In-Progress: January 26, 2021
Background Check: Completed (Feb 26, 2021)
Citizenship Test Email: June 18, 2021
Citizenship Test Window: June 21, 2021 - July 11, 2021
Language Skills Completed: June 23, 2021
Physical Presence Completed: June 23, 2021
Citizenship Test Passed: June 29, 2021
Citizenship Test: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress
Ceremony: Not Started

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Update.......

Passed my Citizenship Test Today. Can anyone please update spreadsheet?

App Type: 1 Applicant
Physical Presence Days: 1106
App Sent: August 17, 2020
App Delivered: August 20, 2020
AOR: January 25, 2020
In-Progress: January 26, 2021
Background Check: Completed (Feb 26, 2021)
Citizenship Test Email: June 18, 2021
Citizenship Test Window: June 21, 2021 - July 11, 2021
Language Skills Completed: June 23, 2021
Physical Presence Completed: June 23, 2021
Citizenship Test Passed: June 29, 2021
Citizenship Test: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress
Ceremony: Not Started
Wait a second, this update looks out of the ordinary.

So, your Language, Physical Presence were set to "Completed" even before you took the test? That's so weird, this used to happen only to applicants in Quebec but looks like you are in Brampton and your local office is probably Mississauga.

Anyways, I have updated the spreadsheet. It is very strange seeing this update from someone whose local office is Mississauga but good for you. You might receive a quick DM.

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Wait a second, this update looks out of the ordinary.

So, your Language, Physical Presence were set to "Completed" even before you took the test? That's so weird, this used to happen only to applicants in Quebec but looks like you are in Brampton and your local office is probably Mississauga.

Anyways, I have updated the spreadsheet. It is very strange seeing this update from someone whose local office is Mississauga but good for you. You might receive a quick DM.
Yes. You're right. Language, Physical Presence set to completed even before I complete my Citizenship Test. I just passed my test today but Language and Physical Presence set to completed on June 23. Also, My Application is in Mississauga based on the test email I received on June 18.

Thanks, Krunal

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
One more thing establishes here that even if your file is in registry you still can get a test:

Congrats Rafzy
Well, this one is a slippery slope. We'd have to know when @rafzy 's GCMS notes were extracted. The application might have been in 'Registry' on the day the the GCMS notes were extracted and could have moved to "Test Ready" status after that. We'll can only confirm this if @rafzy decides to order another set of notes later in the process. Looking at the 'Paper File History', we'll understand if the application ever went to "Test Ready" status before he received a test invitation.

Last edited:

DK1992

Mar 8, 2018
I just got a reply from CIC regarding taking the test outside Canada. The process will be the same as it would be inside Canada. I guess it's just for their record to let them know you are taking the test outside. CIC replied within 24 hours in my case. Here is the quote:
"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. To proceed with the online test from your location outside Canada you can access the link in the test invitation that was previously emailed to you within the specified time period".

abhishekp90

Jun 30, 2021
I just passed my citizenship test but on my tracker all other status are still "in progress". Is that normal?
And anyone know how long will it take to update test status in the tracker? just estimate

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Well, this one is a slippery slope. We'd have to know when @rafzy 's GCMS notes were extracted. The application might have been in 'Registry' on the day the the GCMS notes were extracted and could have moved to "Test Ready" status after that. We'll can only confirm this if @rafzy decides to order another set of notes later in the process. Looking at the 'Paper File History', we'll understand if the application ever went to "Test Ready" status before he received a test invitation.
@rajkamalmohanram I actually called IRCC on 28th around noon and specifically asked about the current status of my file is it's in Registry or under Test Ready and the agent confirmed that it's under Registry as of that time.

Maybe the case officer looked into my file after that and scheduled me for the test.

I will order another set of notes in the next couple of weeks to get a better picture of where my file is standing and then can share with you the details.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Everyone, Who got Test Invitation, Does your Is your online ECAS updated as well or it only shows in your new online tracker ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I just passed my citizenship test but on my tracker all other status are still "in progress". Is that normal?
And anyone know how long will it take to update test status in the tracker? just estimate
Yes, that's normal. Give it a couple of days to about 10 days to see the test status updated to "Completed".