+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

Dec 4, 2020
Hey @Das67 , who would be the MP for Calgary? And do you have a contact info?
You will have to write to the MP of your constituency but I can tell you right now what will happen. Your MPs office might reply to your email or the contact form you submit within 1-10 days asking you to fill an information release form authorizing them to contact IRCC on your behalf.
A few weeks later they will get back to you and tell you that your application is in progress and within IRCCs timeline quoting some stupid section of the rule book which will say due to Covid timelines are irrelevant and they will require additional time for processing.
MPs can't influence your application but inquire just like you can inquire through contact center or receive detailed status through ATIP. When my MP's office forwarded me the generic response they had received from IRCC I asked if he would be willing to take the matter of 300k+ applicants who are going through this mental torture and write to PM. And you guessed it - I never heard back. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: novascotia27
Dec 4, 2020
Hi Fellas, I called IRCC a month ago and they mentioned my file is in transit to the local office and then again I called this morning and my file is at Sydney. These are guys are a joke, I don't know why they are doing this or is this intentiional to confus the applicants. :(
Don't believe everything the contact center agents tell you. They provide different answers everytime you call. lol. Request gcms notes under ATIP to get concrete status of your application.
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Fellas, I called IRCC a month ago and they mentioned my file is in transit to the local office and then again I called this morning and my file is at Sydney. These are guys are a joke, I don't know why they are doing this or is this intentiional to confus the applicants. :(
I have been saying this since Feb. the exact same thing has been happening with me. I have stopped worrying and thinking about it. They will work at their own pace come what may. No point spoiling our peace of mind with worry.

Reactions: Anjushka

pammie1621

May 19, 2021
Hello! Would someone kindly add me on the tracker? Thank you!

Application Sent to Sydney, NS: 16 Aug 2020
Application Received: 19 Aug 2020
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): 27 Nov 2020
In-Process: 05 Feb 2021
IRCC requested additional information; sent the document the same day: 09 March 2021
Background Check Completed: 06 April 2021
Requested Urgent Processing for a job application (in Healthcare) : 19 May 2021
Citizenship Test:
Decision Made:
Oath Ceremony:
Citizenship Certificate Received:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello! Would someone kindly add me on the tracker? Thank you!

Application Sent to Sydney, NS: 16 Aug 2020
Application Received: 19 Aug 2020
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): 27 Nov 2020
In-Process: 05 Feb 2021
IRCC requested additional information; sent the document the same day: 09 March 2021
Background Check Completed: 06 April 2021
Requested Urgent Processing for a job application (in Healthcare) : 19 May 2021
Citizenship Test:
Decision Made:
Oath Ceremony:
Citizenship Certificate Received:
I've added you. Please provide the physical presence (# of days in Canada).

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I have been saying this since Feb. the exact same thing has been happening with me. I have stopped worrying and thinking about it. They will work at their own pace come what may. No point spoiling our peace of mind with worry.
Are you still waiting for your criminality check to be completed? I'm in the same situation as my file is already accepted at Vancouver office but criminality- In process and Security- Completed.
I have ordered GCMS notes and sent web form as well but didn't receive any acknowledgement for Web form.

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I called IRCC and they told me my file is in transit to the local office, Security is done but Criminarlity is still in progress. In a recent ATIP notes I received it, it says fingerprint are required and the IRCC agent is saying there is no fingerprint requirement I see and insisted that If it is required, I would have received the request when RCMP started processing the criminality, anyone got confused on the inconsistent details provided the IRCC agents. I thought that the file is transfered once all clearances are completed and I was not expecting the Security to be done before the criminality.

Is there anyone's file is intransit yet?
My file got accepted at local office but my background verifications-In progress (security-completed long back and criminality- In process) not sure why my criminality is still in process, I got no police record. I have ordered GCMS notes recently and inquired through web form as well. So frustrated I'm July 2020 applicant I have seen so many applicants from May to November done with there test.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Received an update from my MP, it seems to be similar basic details that we get from the IRCC call center.
  1. The criminality verifications are in process.
  2. The security verifications are currently valid.
  3. The immigration verifications have not been initiated.
  4. The next step will be to transfer the file to the closest IRCC office. This office will schedule an appointment for your constituent in due course, if necessa
  5. The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and the next step would be the citizenship test.
The fifth and sixth point seems to contradict each other. transfer is pending to local office and local office is currently reviewing it.:oops:

Also does anyone know at what stage files are transfered to local office? is it after background check (criminality and security clearances) are completed?

The other thing that I don't understand is the pending criminality , I always thought RCMP criminarilty are straight forward and my expectation was that the security clearance of CSIS , would be more intensive in particular if you have international travel and they need to check with records with overseas police or law enformcement agencies.

Anyone know the current status of RCMP criminiality, are there any backlogs?

On my GCMS notes, I saw Fingerprints are required, due date was April 18th, didn't receive any FP request so far, may be that is why my criminality is pending. Is it Sydney who does the FP request or local office?

DAN14

Jun 3, 2016
Hi Everybody,
I just want to ask if somebody is in the same situation that I am. My partner and I applied together on paper (Aug 2020) to the citizenship but just one of us gor the AOR by email and nothing after that. For the other one we haven't heard anything not even the AOR. We are worried because that missing AOR, we don't know if they will return that application on were we can find out more information.
Any ideas or suggestion besides keep waiting?
Thanks

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Hi Everybody,
I just want to ask if somebody is in the same situation that I am. My partner and I applied together on paper (Aug 2020) to the citizenship but just one of us gor the AOR by email and nothing after that. For the other one we haven't heard anything not even the AOR. We are worried because that missing AOR, we don't know if they will return that application on were we can find out more information.
Thanks
@DAN14 There was a AOR glitch, many didn't receive it. Check your application status or ECAS or CAS tool, you will see if the application is received and whether it is in-process.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=
https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Reactions: DAN14

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi Everybody,
Thanks
Did you apply as a family? If yes then both applications should have been accepted. I would check ECAS for the missing application: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en

if you can find it on ECAS, then give IRCC a call to get your application number and use the new tracker for status updates: https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/

Dec 4, 2020
Received an update from my MP, it seems to be similar basic details that we get from the IRCC call center.
  1. The criminality verifications are in process.
  2. The security verifications are currently valid.
  3. The immigration verifications have not been initiated.
  4. The next step will be to transfer the file to the closest IRCC office. This office will schedule an appointment for your constituent in due course, if necessa
  5. The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and the next step would be the citizenship test.
The fifth and sixth point seems to contradict each other. transfer is pending to local office and local office is currently reviewing it.:oops:

Also does anyone know at what stage files are transfered to local office? is it after background check (criminality and security clearances) are completed?

The other thing that I don't understand is the pending criminality , I always thought RCMP criminarilty are straight forward and my expectation was that the security clearance of CSIS , would be more intensive in particular if you have international travel and they need to check with records with overseas police or law enformcement agencies.

Anyone know the current status of RCMP criminiality, are there any backlogs?

On my GCMS notes, I saw Fingerprints are required, due date was April 18th, didn't receive any FP request so far, may be that is why my criminality is pending. Is it Sydney who does the FP request or local office?
That's the typical MP response, told you! lol.
Try sending an ATIP to CBSA, and CSIS to find out what they are doing with your application and if they have provided what CIC has requested.

Reactions: Camelboy