+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

khemanth

Jan 7, 2016
Hello Guys,

I am not sure I am in the right place to ask this question. But, I am planning to submit my application for Citizenship. My previous (not expired) passport was stolen, so I don't have the old passport but I do have the photocopies of front, back and Canada visa pages and in my new passport I don't have any stampings. So please suggest me what to do with the old passport and do I need to put all the pages of new passport?

Thanks in advance!

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hello Guys,

I am not sure I am in the right place to ask this question. But, I am planning to submit my application for Citizenship. My previous (not expired) passport was stolen, so I don't have the old passport but I do have the photocopies of front, back and Canada visa pages and in my new passport I don't have any stampings. So please suggest me what to do with the old passport and do I need to put all the pages of new passport?

Thanks in advance!
No. You just need Bio-metric pages of both old and new passports. You can attach an LOE with your application with all details that your old passport was stolen.

Reactions: khemanth

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fellow applicants,

I'm facing a massive problem and really hope you might help me out with your advice.

I mailed my application for Canadian Citizenship on August 20th 2020. I was given a tracking number from Canada Post.
I didn't think about checking if my application was delivered because I was almost certain they would deliver it. (I know, very silly...)

However, fast forward to today, after almost 4 months, I haven't received any AOR. I also realized that I lost my Canada Post Tracking number for my citizenship application! So I can't even confirm if my application was delivered or not! Meaning I may not even have an application in process. I called CIC and they were utterly useless, blaming everything on Covid. They told me to resend the application with an "Urgent Processing" label on the outside of the package. They also mentioned that it would still take many months to process.

I called Canada Post and asked them to provide me with the tracking number because I lost it, they told me that is impossible and that if I lost the tracking number, that's too bad and there's NOTHING they can do.

My grandmother is very ill with Parkinsons disease and I cannot even go see her during her final days because my passport expired. I am (unfortunately) an Egyptian citizen whose passport had expired in March 2020. I cannot renew it because Egypt is a filthy third world nation with mandatory military service. I cannot renew my passport unless I go to Egypt myself. And if I do go, I'll be trapped in that sick excuse of a country for years working in that pathetic circus act they call a military.

I have a job and a life in Canada that I cannot sacrifice. However, I would very much be broken to watch my grandmother die without being able to say goodbye.

I am currently passportless with no possiblity of renewing it.

I am desperate right now. What do I do? Do I resend a citizenship application and become a december applicant? Do I cross my fingers and hope that my Citizenship Application that I sent back in August made it to Nova Scotia? Do I send a letter asking them for urgent processing?

Please talk to me, I am in a terrible place and can't stop thinking about my grandmother, and this incredibly frustrating application time.

I am stranded in Canada..
You can renew via the Egyptian embassy it is normal process that takes 3 week, one of my Egyptian friend renew his passport last week with no issue and he was very happy of the Egyptian Emmbassy service in Ottawa .

• Haha
Reactions: Ahmad995

khemanth

Jan 7, 2016
No. You just need Bio-metric pages of both old and new passports. You can attach an LOE with your application with all details that your old passport was stolen.
Thank you so much for your reply. Can you please help me with what is LOE?? I am planning provide an explanation in the application form and attach front. back, visa pages along with the Police Case Report for the stolen passport. Will this be good enough?

Thanks in advance!!

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for your reply. Can you please help me with what is LOE?? I am planning provide an explanation in the application form and attach front. back, visa pages along with the Police Case Report for the stolen passport. Will this be good enough?

Thanks in advance!!
Yes. Letter of explanation. It can be a formal letter with from & to address, subject along with your UCI # etc.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015

Thanks in advance!!
This should be enough.

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
June applicants are just starting to get "In Process", hopefully it means August applicants will start to get them by mid-January. I have a couple of questions:
  • Does IRCC send an email informing that the status has changed to "In Process", or is ECAS login the only way to know?
  • Who triggers the "In Process" status update - is it CPC Sydney, or the local visa office?
  • What happens between "In Process" and test invite? Does receiving test invite mean that all other checks are complete?

Reactions: vvarma

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
June applicants are just starting to get "In Process", hopefully it means August applicants will start to get them by mid-January. I have a couple of questions:
  • Does IRCC send an email informing that the status has changed to "In Process", or is ECAS login the only way to know?
  • Who triggers the "In Process" status update - is it CPC Sydney, or the local visa office?
  • What happens between "In Process" and test invite? Does receiving test invite mean that all other checks are complete?
1. IRCC does not send any email. You need to check yourself your application status on ECAS porta.

2. Its your local IRCC office that updates the status to In-process and its done when your file has reached local IRCC office and a case officer is assigned to this file.

3. It simply means that your eligibility to become a citizen is OK and it is pending on you clearing test, interview, security checks and taking oath.

Reactions: prash42

FrankNL

Aug 11, 2020
Fellow applicants,

I'm facing a massive problem and really hope you might help me out with your advice.

I mailed my application for Canadian Citizenship on August 20th 2020. I was given a tracking number from Canada Post.
I didn't think about checking if my application was delivered because I was almost certain they would deliver it. (I know, very silly...)

However, fast forward to today, after almost 4 months, I haven't received any AOR. I also realized that I lost my Canada Post Tracking number for my citizenship application! So I can't even confirm if my application was delivered or not! Meaning I may not even have an application in process. I called CIC and they were utterly useless, blaming everything on Covid. They told me to resend the application with an "Urgent Processing" label on the outside of the package. They also mentioned that it would still take many months to process.

I called Canada Post and asked them to provide me with the tracking number because I lost it, they told me that is impossible and that if I lost the tracking number, that's too bad and there's NOTHING they can do.

My grandmother is very ill with Parkinsons disease and I cannot even go see her during her final days because my passport expired. I am (unfortunately) an Egyptian citizen whose passport had expired in March 2020. I cannot renew it because Egypt is a filthy third world nation with mandatory military service. I cannot renew my passport unless I go to Egypt myself. And if I do go, I'll be trapped in that sick excuse of a country for years working in that pathetic circus act they call a military.

I have a job and a life in Canada that I cannot sacrifice. However, I would very much be broken to watch my grandmother die without being able to say goodbye.

I am currently passportless with no possiblity of renewing it.

I am desperate right now. What do I do? Do I resend a citizenship application and become a december applicant? Do I cross my fingers and hope that my Citizenship Application that I sent back in August made it to Nova Scotia? Do I send a letter asking them for urgent processing?

Please talk to me, I am in a terrible place and can't stop thinking about my grandmother, and this incredibly frustrating application time.

I am stranded in Canada..
Canada Post should have delivered your package successfully even you lost your tracking number. There is no reason for you to believe that your package was lost. Your envelope was sent within Canada with address and area code pre-checked by Canada Post staff at the counter. So, it is pretty going well.

Many August applicants did not receive AOR including me. 50% not yet received according to the tracking spreadsheet.

Reactions: royce110

manmohan8932

Nov 19, 2016
hello

could someone please advise if we can apply for citizenship with expired passport or I must possess valid passport which is not expired yet because I have only one passport which got expired in september and I did not renew it because I was thinking to get straight canadian passport after my citizenship. Please advise if someone had been in same situation ?