+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

safety008

Sep 1, 2015
My time line is almost the same as yours, AOR Nov 27. But in my case the agent said the file is at Scarborough CPC. Not sure how they are distinguishing In Process these days with the online system against physical file transfer like before.
Hi,
I got the AOR on 28th Nov 2020 as well, and my location is in Toronto. Now also still showing no updates since then. LOL
Take care

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys,
Just checked my online status and, to my surprise, I saw "In process".
I'm sure it's been updated today, because I also checked it yesterday and the status was "Application received'. I was even planning to call CIC on Monday, but guess no need to do that now.
The three lines on my status are as follows:
- We received your Application on August 19, 2020. ( it was my 2nd application, since my first (March) application was returned)
- We sent AOR on November 27, 2020
- We started processing your application On January 21, 2021.
Now, my questions are:
1. Do you think they have really started processing on the specified date, or it could be earlier? ( I ask this question after reading some members' comments about calling CIC and stating that their application had entered the in process stage since when they received AOR, even though when they check the status online it is still Application received.

The processing could have started earlier but we don't know for sure.

2. Why does CIC manage to update the status for some applications, while not doing so for others even though their applications are in process?

That's a hard nut to crack. We simply don't know. I guess it depends on the workload of the officer working on the file?

I'm of course happy about seeing my application status change to in process, but I also cant wait for this process to be over! And if they have just started processing my application ( yesterday as stated), this means that I am not that lucky and will still have to wait for soo long!
You guys have any idea about when we might be called in for the test???
Good luck to all!

Well, we'll have to wait long either way. Mid-late 2019 applicants are now getting test invites. 2 - 3 Jan 2020 applicants recently reported test invites. So, we'll get it - may be in the 2nd or 3rd quarter this year.

I have added you to the tracker. Please provide your information in the following format so that it is complete :

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants) ?
Physical Presence Days: ?
App Sent: ?
App Delivered: Aug 19
AOR: Nov 27
In-Progress: Jan 21

A.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats on your IP, my AOR is Nov 27 as well.

Hi guys,
Just checked my online status and, to my surprise, I saw "In process".
I'm sure it's been updated today, because I also checked it yesterday and the status was "Application received'. I was even planning to call CIC on Monday, but guess no need to do that now.
The three lines on my status are as follows:
- We received your Application on August 19, 2020. ( it was my 2nd application, since my first (March) application was returned)
- We sent AOR on November 27, 2020
- We started processing your application On January 21, 2021.
Now, my questions are:
1. Do you think they have really started processing on the specified date, or it could be earlier? ( I ask this question after reading some members' comments about calling CIC and stating that their application had entered the in process stage since when they received AOR, even though when they check the status online it is still Application received.
- Nobody can say for sure, depends entirely on your local CPC and their manpower. In aml likelihood they started working on it a few days ago and the system just got updated.

2. Why does CIC manage to update the status for some applications, while not doing so for others even though their applications are in process?
- You might be overthinking this, IRCC systems are FAR from real-time. Especially now when they have admitted there is an ongoing issue with the status on the online system.
I'm of course happy about seeing my application status change to in process, but I also cant wait for this process to be over! And if they have just started processing my application ( yesterday as stated), this means that I am not that lucky and will still have to wait for soo long!
You guys have any idea about when we might be called in for the test???
- Again it is very likely case by case, depending on;
a) if your application is straight forward and no further documentation is required
b) how backlogged your local CPC is and how many staff are available to process
Good luck to all!
A.
The agent I spoke with started laughing when I casually asked her what she thinks about the one year average time frame listed on the website for application processing.. She said “those are pre-pandemic time frames, currently we are working on skeletal staff and there is no time frame whatsoever, expect delays.”

Reactions: Anjushka

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I got the AOR on 28th Nov 2020 as well, and my location is in Toronto. Now also still showing no updates since then. LOL
Take care
Most likely you and I will get In Process around the same time.. Mine still shows received as well.

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hi rajkamalmohanram and thanks for your reply:)

Here's my timeline:

App Type: Single
Presence: 1111 days
App Sent: 04-Mar-2020
Received: 06-Mar-2020
Returned : 17 August, 2020
(Re)sent: 17 August 2020
Received: 19 August 2020
AOR : 27 November 2020
In process: 21 January 2021

I am not a very experienced member of this forum and not very optimistic in general, but in my opinion I believe that CIC is not working that slowly compared to what it used to do before the pandemic right?
If you consider the timeline of each step till now ( August- November- January), it's more or less around a three month period which was probably the same even before COVID. Anyways, we will now have to see how long this 'in process" stage takes.
Fingers crossed and good luck guys!
A.

Last edited:
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Congrats on your IP, my AOR is Nov 27 as well.

The agent I spoke with started laughing when I casually asked her what she thinks about the one year average time frame listed on the website for application processing.. She said “those are pre-pandemic time frames, currently we are working on skeletal staff and there is no time frame whatsoever, expect delays.”
Hi royce110,
You are definitely right about that, but as I have stated above ( referring to my previous post), I also do believe that the actual timelines or at least my timeline, is not as slow as anticipated due to the pandemic. August( sent)-November( AOR)-January( in process). How faster that this were they moving before the pandemic??
What I'm trying to say is that CIC has probably started to work a bit faster that what it was doing when the pandemic first hit. And, by the way, their time frame was not reliable even during normal times. Besides, they must have found ways to adapt their work and make use of more staff. ( online/from home)
Anyways sorry about my guess- it's just based on my personal opinion and my timeline of roughly three months period for each stage till now.

Wishing all the best for the remaining stages of this process and let's be more optimistic, who knows we might be called for a test sooner than expected! :)))

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi rajkamalmohanram and thanks for your reply:)

Here's my timeline:

App Type: Single
Presence: 1111 days
App Sent: 04-Mar-2020
Received: 06-Mar-2020
Returned : 17 August, 2020
(Re)sent: 17 August 2020
Received: 19 August 2020
AOR : 27 November 2020
In process: 21 January 2021

I am not a very experienced member of this forum and not very optimistic in general, but in my opinion I believe that CIC is not working that slowly compared to what it used to do before the pandemic right?
If you consider the timeline of each step till now ( August- November- January), it's more or less around a three month period which was probably the same even before COVID. Anyways, we will now have to see how long this 'in process" stage takes.
Fingers crossed and good luck guys!
A.
I've updated the tracker.

The timelines are a bit slow because before the pandemic, a sizable percentage of the people had their average processing time from 9 - 12 months. Some were processed even sooner. Currently, 9 - 12 months is a dream IMO. Citizenship tests were paused mid March and were not resumed until September, which caused a rather heavy backlog of applicants waiting for the test.

Online testing, however, could be a solution because once the system is fully functional, tests can be conducted on a large scale (bulk invites).

Let's hope for the best! Good luck!

Reactions: Anjushka

hadiplusplus

Nov 9, 2015
Hey guys,
I also called and got my application number by phone. My application was delivered August 5th and agent told me they opened the envelope last week.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,
I also called and got my application number by phone. My application was delivered August 5th and agent told me they opened the envelope last week.
Thanks for letting us know, what is your local CPC?

safety008

Sep 1, 2015
I guess thats why the IP dates might not be consistent with AOR dates since it largely depends on the respective CPCs.. Hoepfully it will be soon!
Hi what is CPC exactly? May you share with me what does CPC have to do with our citizenship applications? Thanks :)