+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Finally they are doing something!!!!!

Please read the highlighted text and comment: Source https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/01/modernizing-canadas-immigration-system-to-support-economic-recovery-and-improve-client-experience.html

For citizenship applicants, IRCC has introduced online testing, developed an online application tracker and launched virtual citizenship ceremonies. Over the last few months, we have hosted approximately 350 virtual ceremonies per month, and more than 170,000 new Canadians have been sworn in since April 1, 2020. We are continuing to expand the use of virtual ceremonies. Moving forward, we are exploring an option for those who wish to self-administer their Oath by signed attestation, and celebrate their citizenship at a later date. This would shorten the waiting time for those at the final stage of their citizenship process.
I would only be happy when they actually implement it, instead of "exploring an option".

Reactions: Radium

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Checked tracker today and found out that all steps( except oath ceremony) were set to complete on the 26th. Decision made in old tracker. Hopefully it is a positive decision. Patiently waiting for next steps

Reactions: VishalRathi

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
My MP got back to me today with not so good news - as per IRCC: my Criminality verification expired last week and will need to be redone :( Staring at significant delays now that they have to redo my Criminality.

• Sad
Reactions: kristacanada

MarcX

Nov 19, 2020
My MP got back to me today with not so good news - as per IRCC: my Criminality verification expired last week and will need to be redone :( Staring at significant delays now that they have to redo my Criminality.
Why you need to send this, I didn't send this, was it part of the requirements?

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Why you need to send this, I didn't send this, was it part of the requirements?
I think you have confused this with something else. Criminality is a part of the Background checks and is done by RCMP and other law agencies on the request of IRCC. RCMP reports are valid for a year only.

Reactions: Kornet

MarcX

Nov 19, 2020
I think you have confused this with something else. Criminality is a part of the Background checks and is done by RCMP and other law agencies on the request of IRCC. RCMP reports are valid for a year only.
Interesting, they requested it, have had it over a year without touching it? Doesn't sound like IRCC, good to know what happened behind the scenes

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Interesting, they requested it, have had it over a year without touching it? Doesn't sound like IRCC, good to know what happened behind the scenes
Well...they did touch it and completed my background check last Feb. However, the Criminality expires after a year and they have to keep re-doing it until the candidate takes the Oath. So basically, long delays causes more delays exponentially.

MarcX

Nov 19, 2020
Well...they did touch it and completed my background check last Feb. However, the Criminality expires after a year and they have to keep re-doing it until the candidate takes the Oath. So basically, long delays causes more delays exponentially.
so everyone is the same? to me just BS and excuses.

kristacanada

May 30, 2018
I'm so sorry to hear this--how incredibly frustrating. :(

• Sad
Reactions: vvarma

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is correct, you summarized it well.

Reactions: vvarma

VishalRathi

Oct 12, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
02-02-2015 to Warsaw, Poland
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015, Got TLU 5 months after Medicals, No Re-medicals though
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
23rd January 2016 at YVR (Vancouver)
That is correct, you summarized it well.
I don’t think it takes too long to run a criminality check on someone,
Shouldn’t bother you much, what they do after making a decision on file is even more scary.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I don’t think it takes too long to run a criminality check on someone,
Shouldn’t bother you much, what they do after making a decision on file is even more scary.
Considering that IRCC is dependent on external sources for Criminality. it easily adds couple of months from the time someone requests for a fresh report -and there can be no DM before that. :(

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
how do we track the passport application? is there any way? or I just need to wait for the passport to come to my mail?. Maybe I can check my credit card balance every day to see if I been charged.
there is no tracker for passport, it will come to your doorstep NOT in the mail box. Canada Post would deliver at your home, in case if no one is there to answer the door, they will leave the notice and you would have to pickup from the postal outlet e.g. Shoppers Drug Mart.
My in laws passport came in within 7 working days. good luck!

Reactions: Kornet