Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
I am also trying to find a trend and something indicative by each office -regardless of months app was filed. like the oaths being issued now are based on when tests were completed or DM or what. not very familiar with the 2020 spreadsheet but i couldnt figure if it provides data this way.
Doesn't look like there is a trend. I do see a lot of applicants from April 2020 got invites for oath in Oct 2021. By that logic August applicants have to wait till Mar 2022 I guess

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Doesn't look like there is a trend. I do see a lot of applicants from April 2020 got invites for oath in Oct 2021. By that logic August applicants have to wait till Mar 2022 I guess
Would anybody know if the Oath invites are sent as per LVO schedule or is it irrespective of location? Only looking at Vancouver LVO trend it seems it could be March-April 2022

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would anybody know if the Oath invites are sent as per LVO schedule or is it irrespective of location? Only looking at Vancouver LVO trend it seems it could be March-April 2022
It must be dependent on each LVOs mechanics like number of applications, availability of officers and judges, efficiency of staff etc. Right now Mississauga office is churning out Oath invites like a printing press while some other GTA offices are into deep sleep.

Reactions: vvarma

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It must be dependent on each LVOs mechanics like number of applications, availability of officers and judges, efficiency of staff etc. Right now Mississauga office is churning out Oath invites like a printing press while some other GTA offices are into deep sleep.
That is correct. That is the general way oaths are handled in the respective LVOs.

Reactions: vvarma

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So typically an Oath ceremony would only have that LVOs applicants?
Yes typically thats how it is scheduled for online ceremony. It is LVO specific AFAIK and have seen with my friends and colleagues. In person ceremonies could have been different.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Yes typically thats how it is scheduled for online ceremony. It is LVO specific AFAIK and have seen with my friends and colleagues. In person ceremonies could have been different.
I think it's the other way around. I heard on multiple occasions that the same ceremony hosted applicants from different offices, even from different provinces, which makes sense, since in virtual ceremonies there is no geographical limitations. The only limitation is scalability.

Reactions: Radium

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it's the other way around. I heard on multiple occasions that the same ceremony hosted applicants from different offices, even from different provinces, which makes sense, since in virtual ceremonies there is no geographical limitations. The only limitation is scalability.
Very interesting. I had friends from Milton and Oshawa who did the in person ceremony in Scarborough. Guess we will find out soon.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Very interesting. I had friends from Milton and Oshawa who did the in person ceremony in Scarborough. Guess we will find out soon.
In-person ceremonies? Were they given the option or how it works exactly? I heard of in-person interviews so far, but not in-person tests and oaths. This is a first regarding the oath to me

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
That makes sense, thanks!

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In-person ceremonies? Were they given the option or how it works exactly? I heard of in-person interviews so far, but not in-person tests and oaths. This is a first regarding the oath to me
I was talking about pre-pandemic, it was a different time back then :D Seems like a distant past now.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I was talking about pre-pandemic, it was a different time back then :D Seems like a distant past now.
Oh, OK. I thought you are talking now, because recently someone was invited to in-person interview. I thought they might have resumed in-person oaths.

Indeed, pre-covid feels like a distant past. I forgot how we used to live. I used to go to the cinema, restaurants, malls, .. etc. I used to take the metro with 1000s people cramped inside the cars. Literally there was no space to move around. Now I avoid all gatherings, and if someone coughs inside a store, I am out. Even on the street, I switch sidewalks if I feel the one I am walking on is crowded :confused:

• Wow
Reactions: royce110