+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Is picture of ID taken from the webcam when you take the test?

Also my colleague who received test invite from Scarborough did not get an email yet, the tracker was updated two days ago. Is there a delay usually?
Yes, it needs to be taken using the webcam.

Yes, there is usually a delay. Applicants could get an email the day before the test start window.

Reactions: royce110

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
Is picture of ID taken from the webcam when you take the test?

Also my colleague who received test invite from Scarborough did not get an email yet, the tracker was updated two days ago. Is there a delay usually?
Hey bro. Have you gotten test invite? Our BG got completed at similar times.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey bro. Have you gotten test invite? Our BG got completed at similar times.
No mate, still waiting. I have written to them following up again and stating that 2021 applicants have started getting the invites.

I am inquiring here for a friend who is not on the forum. She is a 2021 Jan applicant and can see the test invite update on the tracker.

What is your local office btw? Scarborough is a mess

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
No mate, still waiting. I have written to them following up again and stating that 2021 applicants have started getting the invites.

I am inquiring here for a friend who is not on the forum. She is a 2021 Jan applicant and can see the test invite update on the tracker.

What is your local office btw? Scarborough is a mess
Scarborough as well. Very unfortunate!

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Does anyone know how much time it will take to get Citizenship Certificate in mail? I'm in Brampton and my local office is Mississauga. My oath was done on Sept 08, 2021 and I have not received Citizenship Certificate. Me and my brother got the Oath same day and His Citizenship Certificate arrived on Sept 14, 2021. However, I have not received mine.

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
What about getting the same request after a DM?

we already sent the scanned passport copies, but does it matter? Should we call them and ask about it now or a few days from now?
It seems like it is a System Glitch. Why Officer needs Passport Copy After he reviewed the Application and completed the application process. I think system has accidentally sent a notification to request passport copy.

VishalRathi

Oct 12, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
02-02-2015 to Warsaw, Poland
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015, Got TLU 5 months after Medicals, No Re-medicals though
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
23rd January 2016 at YVR (Vancouver)
It seems like it is a System Glitch. Why Officer needs Passport Copy After he reviewed the Application and completed the application process. I think system has accidentally sent a notification to request passport copy.
Should be, but unless the Oath Ceremony is done, ignoring the request doesn’t appear to be a very safe option.

Reactions: krunal2904

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
  • Haha
Reactions: CaBeaver

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just send it. Better safe than sorry, you are not losing anything by sending it.

VishalRathi

Oct 12, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
Just send it. Better safe than sorry, you are not losing anything by sending it.
I would suggest calling CIC and confirming what happened here.
Then if they still need it, send it.

but yes, sending otherwise also isn’t a very big deal. Not that they are going to misuse the information.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would suggest calling CIC and confirming what happened here.
Then if they still need it, send it.

but yes, sending otherwise also isn’t a very big deal. Not that they are going to misuse the information.
Personally I have been unsuccessful in reaching them over a phone, I have read here that some people got through early morning but that didnt work for me either, the automated voice cuts you off and disconnects basically saying they are unable to reach an agent.

VishalRathi

Oct 12, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
28-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4th Dec 2015
LANDED..........
Personally I have been unsuccessful in reaching them over a phone, I have read here that some people got through early morning but that didnt work for me either, the automated voice cuts you off and disconnects basically saying they are unable to reach an agent.
I have never tried the call centre or GCMS etc either, so not much I can say here. But some people claim that they were able of getting hold of someone and get a reasonable update.

so it could work possibly, erasing the iota of doubt it leaves with you.

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
We have the exact same timeline, August 20.. I am still waiting for Test invite.

Someone from my office who is a 2021 applicant from Mississauga office who got test invite last month got Oath scheduled already in ~ 3 weeks after test.

Looks like they are speeding up 2021 applications and have put 2020 applications aside to process at snail’s pace.

Good luck.
Hi royce,
Sorry you’re still waiting for the test, but I do believe that they will process our applications at the same time:)
We’re both waiting even though it’s a wait at a different stage. You’ll soon get the test invite and might also get Oath invite pretty soon, who knows, at the same time I get it. I’ve been waiting for Oath invite for over three months - meanwhile as you say- some got invites at only three weeks time right?
So, nobody really knows how this process is moving for some or why it is not moving at all for others.
By the way, I don’t even know which office is processing my application. How do you know that?
Good luck to us all:)

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi royce,
Sorry you’re still waiting for the test, but I do believe that they will process our applications at the same time:)
We’re both waiting even though it’s a wait at a different stage. You’ll soon get the test invite and might also get Oath invite pretty soon, who knows, at the same time I get it. I’ve been waiting for Oath invite for over three months - meanwhile as you say- some got invites at only three weeks time right?
So, nobody really knows how this process is moving for some or why it is not moving at all for others.
By the way, I don’t even know which office is processing my application. How do you know that?
Good luck to us all:)
Thank you for your kind words. Since that previous post, another co-worker of mine March 2021 applicant got test invite last week from Scarborough, 6 months Turn Around Time, it is incredible even for IRCC standards.. looks like miracles do happen.

Like you said, nobody knows how they are processing currently, all we can do is wait.

An easy way to find out your office is to look at the test invite email you received, the code of the office would be in the email address. The following is the Scarborough office Email address for test invites, SCR stands for Scarborough: IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Reactions: Anjushka