+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

ShannieH

Star Member
May 1, 2020
I guess you would need to apply for the PRTD in this case but I might be wrong so better to wait for more experienced Folks to comment on that.
Details can be found here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-resident-travel-document.html

As for the long wait on the issuing of the PR cards, there was an interesting article regarding this matter shared by legalfalcon:
https://cila.co/where-are-the-pr-cards-canadas-immigrants-deserve-to-know/
Thank you for the information

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Hey guys,

PR card mailed! :) Saw a ghost update when I checked my application, went in and saw the message that the final decision is taken and is approved and the PR card is mailed! The status then changed to "Approved" from submitted. Now to receive the card, the last leg of the journey :)

Just one question: When they say the PR card is mailed, do they mean just me or also all the dependents who are here in in Canada? Thanks!

ShannieH

Star Member
May 1, 2020
Hey guys,

PR card mailed! :) Saw a ghost update when I checked my application, went in and saw the message that the final decision is taken and is approved and the PR card is mailed! The status then changed to "Approved" from submitted. Now to receive the card, the last leg of the journey :)

Just one question: When they say the PR card is mailed, do they mean just me or also all the dependents who are here in in Canada? Thanks!
Did you get any email before that stating your photo was sent to the production centre to be processed?

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Did you get any email before that stating your photo was sent to the production centre to be processed?
No, didn't get any email. There was a ghost update when I added my PR card application to my CIC account, and that's it. No updates from then till now.

My address is "Accepted" and my photo is "In review" in the PR Portal, no change in that for the last two weeks.

ShannieH

Star Member
May 1, 2020
No, didn't get any email. There was a ghost update when I added my PR card application to my CIC account, and that's it. No updates from then till now.

My address is "Accepted" and my photo is "In review" in the PR Portal, no change in that for the last two weeks.
Oh okay!
Still waiting for my address to be accepted.

You have basically completed the journey, Yaay!

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hey guys,

Congrats!!

Reactions: rajpotula

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
I still keep checking my CIC account for updates, even though the PR card is mailed and it's all done! It's been almost two years (Invitation in May 2020) and it's hard to kick the habit of checking the account every few hours! :D:D:D All the best to you all!

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I still keep checking my CIC account for updates, even though the PR card is mailed and it's all done! It's been almost two years (Invitation in May 2020) and it's hard to kick the habit of checking the account every few hours! :D:D:D All the best to you all!
I keep doing the same, although i haven't gotten any updates on my GCKey yet. Just want to have my card so I can finally relax... until it is time for Citizenship lol

Loskin

Oct 27, 2020
Guys hope you are having a good day, I submitted my application on 24th august,2020, have been waiting for 17 months, still no pr….very frustrated….

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Guys hope you are having a good day, I submitted my application on 24th august,2020, have been waiting for 17 months, still no pr….very frustrated….
Bloody hell, will you August 2020 guys ever finish? Every time there is one of you saying "I am still not PR!". Start filing mandamus!

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Sorry didn’t mean to upset anyone….
Sorry man! Realistic option now is to use mandamus. Its like one and a half years now.