+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

Loskin

Oct 27, 2020
Are you inland? Yes? Then no, you don’t send your passport.
Did they ask for your passport? No? Then no.
Thanks EscoBlades! This is why is confusing. I’m in land, I don’t hav eBay dependents when I summit my application. But they send me an letter asking for my overseas dependents passport and my passport and photos… I called the IRCC number but no agent is available…
Do I consider as my dependent?

believer95

Sep 17, 2021
Yes, one of my client was inland applicant and he had dependents outland. so he received the same letter like you did and after a while he received PR cnfirmation email. He sent his dependents passport along with the letter to local vfs centre and confirmed his status throguh PR portal inside canada

Loskin

Oct 27, 2020
Yes, one of my client was inland applicant and he had dependents outland. so he received the same letter like you did and after a while he received PR cnfirmation email. He sent his dependents passport along with the letter to local vfs centre and confirmed his status throguh PR portal inside canada
thanks! but i dont have any dependents, why are they sending that letter asking for dependents docs?

ShannieH

Star Member
May 1, 2020
I’ve seen where some people have been waiting for their pr card for 6+ months and no update.
I need to travel in the next 4 weeks and there are no signs of my pr card being mailed as it still says in review with ircc.
Any suggestions for if I have to leave but don’t get the card in time?

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
I’ve seen where some people have been waiting for their pr card for 6+ months and no update.
I need to travel in the next 4 weeks and there are no signs of my pr card being mailed as it still says in review with ircc.
Any suggestions for if I have to leave but don’t get the card in time?
I guess you would need to apply for the PRTD in this case but I might be wrong so better to wait for more experienced Folks to comment on that.
Details can be found here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-resident-travel-document.html

As for the long wait on the issuing of the PR cards, there was an interesting article regarding this matter shared by legalfalcon:
https://cila.co/where-are-the-pr-cards-canadas-immigrants-deserve-to-know/