+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

amaski93

Jul 1, 2020
Hi All,

I received my portal email and approval.
Thanks, everyone for the help and, i believe now IRCC will approve all pending applications
My AOR - Aug 12 2020
Can you please share your timelines. How long did it take for security ?
Also all inland or mixed ?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Any updates in 8 days after GU?

Did someone call IRCC this week? Do they answer application detailed status by phone or still prioritize Afghanistan refugees?
No updates. And am not calling them cos I know their response would be to say that they are only responding to cases involving the Afghan crisis.

I contacted my MP after that GU, and they got told the same thing.

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Any updates in 8 days after GU?

Did someone call IRCC this week? Do they answer application detailed status by phone or still prioritize Afghanistan refugees?
Depends on which agent you got. Few agents were able to look at my file. Called again today, the agent rather spend 15 mins to explain the Afghans crisis than look at my file.

Dnrvl

Feb 17, 2021
Update :- I have got the first portal email this morning. I have replied them with all my details and waiting for the credentials to login.
Wow! Congrats!
Great to see Aug2020 approved!!

It took 2 weeks from medical extention. Seems like Extended meds to COPR timing is 10-20 days for everyone.

I hope they will extend my medicals soon....

Last edited:

Nath21

Jan 13, 2020
Update :- I have got the first portal email this morning. I have replied them with all my details and waiting for the credentials to login.
What they ask you? if is not too much to ask, I received an email asking for a imm5669 form. Is a good sign?

ShannieH

Star Member
May 1, 2020
Wow! Congrats!
Great to see Aug2020 approved!!

It took 2 weeks from medical extention. Seems like Extended meds to COPR timing is 10-20 days for everyone.

I hope they will extend my medicals soon....
Not at all. Medical was extended in July and here I am still waiting

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Not at all. Medical was extended in July and here I am still waiting
I'm using your status as a barometer for mine, seeing as they are so similar, and this doesn't bode well at all.
I keep asking myself what IRCC could possibly be doing and well...am drawing a big fat blank.

Reactions: ShannieH

Dnrvl

Feb 17, 2021
I'm using your status as a barometer for mine, seeing as they are so similar, and this doesn't bode well at all.
I keep asking myself what IRCC could possibly be doing and well...am drawing a big fat blank.
they need to process 400.000 PR applications this year. We are unlucky to be "complex" applicants for some reason. They postpone complex and process simple to reach goal of 400.000

One thing is killing me is absence of clear timelines. Month, year, 5 years - absolutely no timeline.

amaski93

Jul 1, 2020
they need to process 400.000 PR applications this year. We are unlucky to be "complex" applicants for some reason. They postpone complex and process simple to reach goal of 400.000

One thing is killing me is absence of clear timelines. Month, year, 5 years - absolutely no timeline.
Why it is marked as "Complex" ?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Why it is marked as "Complex" ?
We aren't necessarily complex, we have just been sorted into a backlog, which they seemingly reach into to process at their leisure. Their focus is on processing and approving applications made this year, within their service standard time of 6 months, so as to improve their overall average for their year end report. See example below:

Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020