+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Seriously, there's no excuse for IRCC to be this inefficient. They had all the time in the world since 2019 when covid hit to modernize their work environment. I've seen such shitty organizations, small and large, to do the switch much faster than them. If they couldn't do that, they could at least reduce the load on the agents by limiting the amount of incoming apps just like they do with parent visas. But what do they do? Yup, continue inviting people in 2021 and even invite 30K people in one draw like they did in February. Pathetic.

Reactions: zupermarn

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Seriously, there's no excuse for IRCC to be this inefficient. They had all the time in the world since 2019 when covid hit to modernize their work environment. I've seen such shitty organizations, small and large, to do the switch much faster than them.
You’re correct. And there should be an inquest. But as far as the organizations that have oversight on the IRCC are concerned, they are progressing fine in spite of the pandemic. So nothing changes and we remain stuck, while 2021 applicants get processed quickly, and within the 6 month service standard.

Reactions: HanenBlade

jitesh2013

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
IRCC should start working on our applications now, it is really affecting lives now, unable to make decisions, unable to move forward in life, everything is stuck.

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
You’re correct. And there should be an inquest. But as far as the organizations that have oversight on the IRCC are concerned, they are progressing fine in spite of the pandemic. So nothing changes and we remain stuck, while 2021 applicants get processed quickly, and within the 6 month service standard.
Yeah, typical corporate logic. Meet the target and don't care about the rest. Still sucks that we pulled the short straw.

lins90

Jun 14, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-08-2020
LANDED..........
29-08-2021
hello folks , one question, Do we get a GU with PR application file when work permit extension/ BOWP get approved ? I got one, but not sure if it was associated with BOWP or PR application itself

Dnrvl

Feb 17, 2021
Hi @EscoBlades. Did you order GCMS notes in last month? Any updates after your BOWP?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
hello folks , one question, Do we get a GU with PR application file when work permit extension/ BOWP get approved ?
No

Hi @EscoBlades. Did you order GCMS notes in last month? Any updates after your BOWP?
I have another 2 weeks to wait for my next set of GCMS notes to arrive. I doubt anything has changed as I haven't gotten any GUs.

sunnybee

Sep 17, 2020
Hi everyone. I'm Sep 21 AOR applicant, in land, don't have any outland dependent. I email to MP and had phone calls with IRCC customer center and they all said my eligibility/security/criminality are all passed. Especially IRCC agent said I just need to wait for portal email from them but I've been this status from May( and it's almost end of July now). Is there anyone really get the portal email recently? Is there anything I can do?? :(

rutadily

May 13, 2021
Hi everyone. I'm Sep 21 AOR applicant, in land, don't have any outland dependent. I email to MP and had phone calls with IRCC customer center and they all said my eligibility/security/criminality are all passed. Especially IRCC agent said I just need to wait for portal email from them but I've been this status from May( and it's almost end of July now). Is there anyone really get the portal email recently? Is there anything I can do?? :(
There is nothing we can do. Mine is all passed on the end of March. I am still waiting for the portal mail.

rutadily

May 13, 2021
The reason why the applicants the year already got their COPR first is IRCC can prove their work performance with this rate. IRCC will say like this. Even the pandemic, we show our performance in the limited working situation.

Reactions: HanenBlade

hbsingh

Star Member
Apr 23, 2021
Hi guys. I haven’t posted in here before but I read the comments a lot, they’ve been a source of encouragement. I caught onto everyone tweeting the Toronto star reporter, and decided to email him directly. I’ll copy and paste what I wrote, and his reply

my email:
Hi Nicholas,

I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to reach out to you regarding a story you might find interesting. I, like many others applied to become a permanent resident in Canada at possibly the worst time possible, August 2020. By all accounts the IRCC had a reduced workforce and were working on hundreds of backlogged applications.

Now as things begin to return to normal I’m approaching a year of waiting for COPR, with little if any updates on my account page, I’m unable to work or travel. A source of constant encouragement has been an online forum in which many people like me post their timelines and vent their frustration.

Your name came up today on the forum as frustrations boil to unmanageable levels. The IRCC has begun sending out PR to people who applied mere months ago, while those who have waited for almost a year are stuck in limbo. These people want to work, travel to and from their homeland and enjoy the fruits of becoming a permanent resident in Canada.

The process of applying for PR is expensive, exhausting and frustrating, but it’s what we signed up for. I feel it’s an injustice that the IRCC is working on newer applications as a priority instead of the older ones though, and if this email does anything I hope it serves to shed some light on an issue that you can potentially draw attention to.

As I type this, members of the forum are tweeting at you in an attempt to make the media aware of what’s going on. I don’t have Twitter so this is my only line of communication!

Here I’ve linked the forum, a quick look at it and you’ll see the people behind the usernames, who are just looking for answers and an end to this arduous situation.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2020-cec-applicants-timeline.702735/page-270

Thanks for your time,

His reply:

Thanks so much for reaching out. I’m actually exploring a potential story about what IRCC needs to do as the border slowly reopens. Would you be interested in participating in this story, Sir?

We would like to hear personal stories from people whose immigration plans are disrupted by the pandemic and what IRCC (likely from policy wonks and pundit) needs to do to eliminate the backlogs in literally every single immigration program.

Pls let me know. I can explain to you further how the media works and what we need from you. We do need to identify everyone in the story and ask for photos (or send photographers out for photos) to put a human face behind these issues we need to face when we reopen the border.

Pls also include a number that you can be reached at if you are interested.

Thanks again for the email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,

Nicholas Keung

IMMIGRATION REPORTER

Toronto Star
Any update? @Kalimera64