+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

hbsingh

Star Member
Apr 23, 2021
Hi guys. I haven’t posted in here before but I read the comments a lot, they’ve been a source of encouragement. I caught onto everyone tweeting the Toronto star reporter, and decided to email him directly. I’ll copy and paste what I wrote, and his reply

my email:
Hi Nicholas,

I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to reach out to you regarding a story you might find interesting. I, like many others applied to become a permanent resident in Canada at possibly the worst time possible, August 2020. By all accounts the IRCC had a reduced workforce and were working on hundreds of backlogged applications.

Now as things begin to return to normal I’m approaching a year of waiting for COPR, with little if any updates on my account page, I’m unable to work or travel. A source of constant encouragement has been an online forum in which many people like me post their timelines and vent their frustration.

Your name came up today on the forum as frustrations boil to unmanageable levels. The IRCC has begun sending out PR to people who applied mere months ago, while those who have waited for almost a year are stuck in limbo. These people want to work, travel to and from their homeland and enjoy the fruits of becoming a permanent resident in Canada.

The process of applying for PR is expensive, exhausting and frustrating, but it’s what we signed up for. I feel it’s an injustice that the IRCC is working on newer applications as a priority instead of the older ones though, and if this email does anything I hope it serves to shed some light on an issue that you can potentially draw attention to.

As I type this, members of the forum are tweeting at you in an attempt to make the media aware of what’s going on. I don’t have Twitter so this is my only line of communication!

Here I’ve linked the forum, a quick look at it and you’ll see the people behind the usernames, who are just looking for answers and an end to this arduous situation.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2020-cec-applicants-timeline.702735/page-270

Thanks for your time,

His reply:

Thanks so much for reaching out. I’m actually exploring a potential story about what IRCC needs to do as the border slowly reopens. Would you be interested in participating in this story, Sir?

We would like to hear personal stories from people whose immigration plans are disrupted by the pandemic and what IRCC (likely from policy wonks and pundit) needs to do to eliminate the backlogs in literally every single immigration program.

Pls let me know. I can explain to you further how the media works and what we need from you. We do need to identify everyone in the story and ask for photos (or send photographers out for photos) to put a human face behind these issues we need to face when we reopen the border.

Pls also include a number that you can be reached at if you are interested.

Thanks again for the email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,

Nicholas Keung

IMMIGRATION REPORTER

Toronto Star
I can send you my story
Text me I can share contact

Delay

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021

Soundarrajan

Oct 13, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Primary Ottawa , Secondary : Etobicoke
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-July-2020
AOR Received.
30-August-2020

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Anybody called them today? As their processing time already reached to the final week of Aug, 2020.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between

August 23 and 29, 2020

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
No but I will try to call them today . But what’s the use of this . I think applicants from earlier week of august have still not received any confirmation. My AOR is august 28. I don’t have any hope to receive any sort of update from them.

Reactions: HanenBlade

SurvivorAug22

Jun 24, 2021
Hi guys,
I have been following this thread for a while. I guess I'm in the same boat as you all. I have some details from GCMS notes
My AOR: 22nd Aug 2020
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final: Approved

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Assigned To: EM5578 Assigned By: EM5578 Due Date: 2021/04/28

I was informed/congratulated by an agent on March 29th that I would receive my COPR in couple of weeks. Here I'm after almost 3months.

My question: Is it possible that we would hear back from IRCC after a year from now?

My father-in-law is diagnosed with some serious illness. Applied for TRV as well. It has not been processes since May 3rd. I have raised a web form to submit diagnostic reports and contacted my local MP to expedite the process. Even after 20days I still don't have an answer for my web form or from my MP's office. Not sure what to do at this point other than giving up on this process. I would want to get my refund and re-apply rather than waiting for another year here. It's too sad to hear form MP's office that some of the applicants are waiting since couple of years. It's NOT FAIR!