+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

Guess101

Feb 26, 2021
I am of the assumption that the portal is created based on the details they ask and the doc is not required. It is the same email which they sent me the confirmation doc so I replied back to it. Did I Do something wrong?
I did the same, it's just about this waiting time, I replied to the IRCC last Tuesday and still waiting for the eCOPR.
Congratulations! and I'm hoping the same for those who are waiting for this EMAIL.

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon i have few questions in my mind . I received eCOPR on 25 may through online portal which is valid till 9 june . I was on visitor visa before. First question is when ircc dispatched my PR card do I receive any email or notification about it or just i need to check my mailbox every week.my second question is i have to apply sin and health card , they will just give me sin and health card till 9 june ?? If I don’t receive my PR card then am i valid to work untill eCOPR valid date?. When will I receive my PR card is that i have to renew my sin and health card again ? Thank you in advance

Ca55and

Sep 7, 2020
Finally for approval email on Friday. Replied back straight away and this morning received the portal login information. Submitted my photos this morning now just waiting for ecopr.

AOR 11 Aug 2020 PNP CEC

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon i have few questions in my mind . I received eCOPR on 25 may through online portal which is valid till 9 june . I was on visitor visa before. First question is when ircc dispatched my PR card do I receive any email or notification about it or just i need to check my mailbox every week.my second question is i have to apply sin and health card , they will just give me sin and health card till 9 june ?? If I don’t receive my PR card then am i valid to work untill eCOPR valid date?. When will I receive my PR card is that i have to renew my sin and health card again ? Thank you in advance
COPR has no expiry date. If you are in Canada when the COPR was issued to you, you attain the PR status effective as on the data mentioned on the COPR. Only for individuals who are outside Canada and get a COPR, they have to land in Canada on or before the expiry date mentioned in the COPR.

A COPR never expires, it is a permanent proof of your landing as a PR in Canada. It is a document that you will have forever, until you become a Citizen or renounce your PR status.

A Pr card is only a travel document, issued for 5 years and has to be newer when expired. PR card is dispatched by postal mail, at your address on file. It will come in an unmarked envelope.

Reactions: Jasaman and lins90

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
COPR has no expiry date. If you are in Canada when the COPR was issued to you, you attain the PR status effective as on the data mentioned on the COPR. Only for individuals who are outside Canada and get a COPR, they have to land in Canada on or before the expiry date mentioned in the COPR.

A COPR never expires, it is a permanent proof of your landing as a PR in Canada. It is a document that you will have forever, until you become a Citizen or renounce your PR status.

A Pr card is only a travel document, issued for 5 years and has to be newer when expired. PR card is dispatched by postal mail, at your address on file. It will come in an unmarked envelope.
Thanku so much @legalfalcon , i want to clarify if i got to service canada and service ontario to get sin number and health card then they will not issue me only untill eCOPR date which is untill 9 june , i dont need to go again to update it after receiving PR card

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanku so much @legalfalcon , i want to clarify if i got to service canada and service ontario to get sin number and health card then they will not issue me only untill eCOPR date which is untill 9 june , i dont need to go again to update it after receiving PR card
You can go to Service Canada and the Provincial health care anytime, before or after June 9, it does not matter.

What matters is whether you are a PR or not. And effective the date on your COPR, you became a PR and that is what counts. Not the expiry date, which I have clarified before is only applicable for individuals outside Canada, who have to land in Canada on or before the expiry date of the COPR.

Reactions: Jasaman

Jasaman

Mar 24, 2021
You can go to Service Canada and the Provincial health care anytime, before or after June 9, it does not matter.

What matters is whether you are a PR or not. And effective the date on your COPR, you became a PR and that is what counts. Not the expiry date, which I have clarified before is only applicable for individuals outside Canada, who have to land in Canada on or before the expiry date of the COPR.
Got it . Thanku so much

Delay

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Well, ppl with 75 cec score from March already started getting copr and meanwhile here is me with Aug 07 AOR waiting for my security check to get started. Nice job IRCC, you have successfully overtaken Canada Post and become the most reliable organization in my mind. :):):)

Last edited:

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Well, ppl with 75 cec score from March already started getting copr and meanwhile here is me with Aug 07 AOR waiting for my security to get started. Nice job IRCC, you have successfully overtaken Canada Post and become the most reliable organization in my mind. :):):)
Boggles my mind. Clearly they are doing everything they can to bring the average of their service standard for processing times down, by pushing through applications from earlier this year to completion within 6 months.

Meanwhile the backlog doesn’t get addressed nearly as quickly. Best to have zero expectations of them as an organization. That way, you limit your disappointment when they inevitable screw up.

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017

Augustiner

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
@ EscoBlades
I feel a lot for your situation as my first failed attempt on Aug 7 (AOR). But when I read your case, I do not know if I am still considered to be lucky. I had to submit my profile for the second time on Nov 30. Now I am at 6-month point, if I receive CoPR the same time as yours, then I will consider myself lucky.
Your posts really help someone like me a lot! So, keep us posted when you hear the good news.
Ok, so just called to them and nothing progressed since the last call. Only thing changed is they transfer my profile to Sydney, NS (from Ottawa). It seems I am gonna be on the long path like you guys here.

zupermarn

May 8, 2019
GTA area
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Well, ppl with 75 cec score from March already started getting copr and meanwhile here is me with Aug 07 AOR waiting for my security check to get started. Nice job IRCC, you have successfully overtaken Canada Post and become the most reliable organization in my mind. :):):)
It's so annoying and unprofessional!!!

I believe they should process all applications in SEQUENCE and not randomly pull an application and give them COPR, when March 2020 AOR - August 2020 AOR are still waiting to hear back.

Reactions: harry0207

Soundarrajan

Oct 13, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Primary Ottawa , Secondary : Etobicoke
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-July-2020
AOR Received.
30-August-2020
@legalfalcon - in gcms notes i see the group name : cpco covid split print. What that it means?

Sunilgopal1981

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Finally for approval email on Friday. Replied back straight away and this morning received the portal login information. Submitted my photos this morning now just waiting for ecopr.

AOR 11 Aug 2020 PNP CEC
Congrats,any outland dependents?n which visa office? Am 10th aug aor,pnp inland with outland dependents.