Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Guys, need help!

I got a letter from CIC in my account asking me to:
1. confirm the current residing location of my wife and younger daughter
2. If they are outside canada, then explain why we are not staying together as a family
3. If they are in canada, please explain their legal status.

I have covered all the above questions, but my doubt is, we generally write the city and date on the top. As I am currently in india, should I write my city name there or Vancouver is fine? or just leave the city and put date only?

Please let me know, guy, would really appreciate it. I got the letter dated May 1st and they are giving only 7 days to respond.

Thanks!

Sunilgopal1981

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Guys, need help!

I got a letter from CIC in my account asking me to:
1. confirm the current residing location of my wife and younger daughter
2. If they are outside canada, then explain why we are not staying together as a family
3. If they are in canada, please explain their legal status.

I have covered all the above questions, but my doubt is, we generally write the city and date on the top. As I am currently in india, should I write my city name there or Vancouver is fine? or just leave the city and put date only?

Please let me know, guy, would really appreciate it. I got the letter dated May 1st and they are giving only 7 days to respond.

Thanks!
U have to mention ur current country of residence,they r making sure if u r here before issuing copr,if u r not here they will hold it.u didn't update ircc ur current country?

Reactions: Tintin and Snowy

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
U have to mention ur current country of residence,they r making sure if u r here before issuing copr,if u r not here they will hold it.u didn't update ircc ur current country?
Hi,
Thanks for the reply, but it seems they are only asking about my wife's and daughter status in the letter. I have only been out of Canada for 2 weeks for work. Here's the complete letter:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under CEC class. I am writing this letter to express my concerns regarding your application.

While reviewing your file, I am unable to find any valid document issued by IRCC either to your spouse VNP and/or to your dependent child MRP. Please advise me of their whereabouts, that is their current location of residence. If they are not in Canada, explain the reasons for them not being in Canada with you as a family. I note that a TRV was issued to your spouse from Bangalore in Dec 2017, advise me if your spouse has visited you anytime during your stay in Canada.

If they are in Canada, provide the reasons for not having a valid document which would authorize their stay in Canada. Please note: a TRV may allow a person to enter to Canada and a foreign national is authorized to stay in Canada for a maximum duration of six months upon entry.

Please let me know if I should mention my current city at the top of the letter. I am only here till end of May, my permanent address is vancouver.

@EscoBlades @legalfalcon Please do let me know your valuable opinions :) Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,
Thanks for the reply, but it seems they are only asking about my wife's and daughter status in the letter. I have only been out of Canada for 2 weeks for work. Here's the complete letter:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under CEC class. I am writing this letter to express my concerns regarding your application.

While reviewing your file, I am unable to find any valid document issued by IRCC either to your spouse VNP and/or to your dependent child MRP. Please advise me of their whereabouts, that is their current location of residence. If they are not in Canada, explain the reasons for them not being in Canada with you as a family. I note that a TRV was issued to your spouse from Bangalore in Dec 2017, advise me if your spouse has visited you anytime during your stay in Canada.

If they are in Canada, provide the reasons for not having a valid document which would authorize their stay in Canada. Please note: a TRV may allow a person to enter to Canada and a foreign national is authorized to stay in Canada for a maximum duration of six months upon entry.

Please let me know if I should mention my current city at the top of the letter. I am only here till end of May, my permanent address is vancouver.

@EscoBlades @legalfalcon Please do let me know your valuable opinions :) Thanks!
You have to be careful when answering this letter. This not only asks about the country your dependents are in, it also hints towards IRCC trying ti verify your relationship.

So given details of when you last met your family or when they visited you, including your whereabouts and if you visited them instead of they traveling to Canada.

JagRam

Star Member
May 31, 2020
I just received an email from Etobicoke IRCC asking to provide some details like UCI, Name, email ID, etc.
There were separate emails for me, my spouse and kids.
1)Should we reply in the separate emails with all the details or just add the details of the dependents in my email itselfÉ
2)Other question is should we attach the photos in the email. If yes, should we provide the recent photo or can we use the same photo that we used while applying for the PR
3) The UCI number in the received email is the work permit UCI, while replying now, should I give the UCI number of Work Permit or the the UCI of the PR application

Reactions: shredder

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
You have to be careful when answering this letter. This not only asks about the country your dependents are in, it also hints towards IRCC trying ti verify your relationship.

So given details of when you last met your family or when they visited you, including your whereabouts and if you visited them instead of they traveling to Canada.
Perfect! Yes, that's what I thought when he said "explain":) It felt like a trap lol

So I confirmed their locations and answered all his questions in detail about their legal status, and why they are not with me currently. I am also attaching some of my pictures (from my trips to india) with my spouse and daughter from 2018 to 2021. Hope that should be enough :) Thank you for the quick reply!

JunedS

Star Member
May 28, 2020
I posted photos to IRCC address (as mentioned in the COPR letter)....I tracked and it is delivered yesterday...any one here can please let me know will there be any acknowledgement from IRCC that they received the photos? or what would be the next steps and what is your experience after sending photos? Please share.
Also can one look for job once they COPR or will they have to wait until they get PR card?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tintin and Snowy

Chethan_blr

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
I just received an email from Etobicoke IRCC asking to provide some details like UCI, Name, email ID, etc.
There were separate emails for me, my spouse and kids.
1)Should we reply in the separate emails with all the details or just add the details of the dependents in my email itselfÉ
2)Other question is should we attach the photos in the email. If yes, should we provide the recent photo or can we use the same photo that we used while applying for the PR
3) The UCI number in the received email is the work permit UCI, while replying now, should I give the UCI number of Work Permit or the the UCI of the PR application
Is this email for Portal access ?

3# UCI is unique per client. this will be same across your applications