+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
AOR AUG 22nd, VO Ottawa.

1 update from last call with agent yesterday.

Eligibility bumped into "Met the minimal requirements" from Review required, but still waiting for the officer to finalize.

I guess this is good news?

Also, Info sharing is completed, Criminality in progress.

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Just because you have a PR application in progress does not put you on implied status. If your TRV expired, you had to renew it and during the time that your TRV expired and a decision was made on your application to extend it would place you on implied status.

All temporary residents have an automatically imposed condition that they must leave Canada at the end of their authorized period of stay. However, as per section R181, a temporary resident may apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have legal status as a temporary resident during the processing period.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Currently if your TRV expired and you have not applied to renew it, you are out of status and it may impact your PR application as a COPR cannot be issued to a person who is out of status, and before your PR application can be finalised, you will have to restore your status or leave Canada.
I'm having the same issue, now i know, thank you so much for your detailed response. Will start an application within this wk.

Ashwell

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Just an update for anyone in the same situation. My medical expired on 14 Feb. They were reviewed and passed this morning. It was updated online but I haven't received an email yet.

AOR: 5 August
Medical initially passed: 25 September
Biometrics: 30 October
Medical expired: 14 February's
Medical reviewed and passed: 14 April

Reactions: Vinami

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Just an update for anyone in the same situation. My medical expired on 14 Feb. They were reviewed and passed this morning. It was updated online but I haven't received an email yet.

AOR: 5 August
Medical initially passed: 25 September
Biometrics: 30 October
Medical expired: 14 February's
Medical reviewed and passed: 14 April
Shouldn't the medical be valid for 12 months? Why did yours expire so early?

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Hi All.

Need one help. I got my file approved on 17th March and COPR numbers can be seen on CIC portal. However, I did not get the eCOPR. So i raised a webform on 31st March asking them on when will the eCOPR be sent. Today they closed the webform saying that the situation is now resolved (thats all they said). However, i still don't have my eCOPR. Can you please advise what needs to be done next?

• Sad
Reactions: JunedS

JunedS

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Hi All.

Need one help. I got my file approved on 17th March and COPR numbers can be seen on CIC portal. However, I did not get the eCOPR. So i raised a webform on 31st March asking them on when will the eCOPR be sent. Today they closed the webform saying that the situation is now resolved (thats all they said). However, i still don't have my eCOPR. Can you please advise what needs to be done next?
Did you call IRCC and tell them that you still have not received eCOPR and what is next or is something still waiting from you or are they still processing or whom do you need to reach out for this?

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Did you call IRCC and tell them that you still have not received eCOPR and what is next or is something still waiting from you or are they still processing or whom do you need to reach out for this?
Haven't called them yet. I am planning to call them soon.

Reactions: HanenBlade

Sunilgopal1981

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Just like every one else, been waiting for an approval since March 26 when I passed all stages. At this point, I don’t even know if the secondary office has an impact on the delay.
AOR- Aug 18
Primary VO- Ottawa
Secondary VO- Sydney

I feel like cryyingggg
Hi,do u have outland dependent?