EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello guys,
I'm AOR 10th August and I got the following request from IRCC today:

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

 Client Information: Please provide Copy of all pages of your passport.
 Client Information: Travel history to Nigeria from January 2018 to present.
 Client Information: Proof of returning to Canada

Prior to this, I got ADR for paystubs, notice of assessment and T4, which I submitted.

Does anyone have an idea why they're asking for travel history, which I already provided during the application. I believe they already have this travel information at CBSA too.
It is worthy of mention that I was out of Canada (working remotely) when I received ITA last year, and I returned to Canada weeks after my application was submitted.
Honestly... because they can. Sometimes they just want to reverify what you submitted. Sometimes they miss a doc/ docs you submitted. Sometimes, it could just be to quell doubt in the officer’s mind. It is always at their discretion though.

Ritika0201

Mar 26, 2021
Called IRCC again after March 26, March 26 status was Background verification in process, now as per the agent all stages passed, the final decision is pending. The profile looks good, no documents required. Cannot give you an estimated time frame.

AOR - August 23, 2020

ProfessorAugust

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Unknown
AOR Received.
August,2020
Called IRCC again after March 26, March 26 status was Background verification in process, now as per the agent all stages passed, the final decision is pending. The profile looks good, no documents required. Cannot give you an estimated time frame.

AOR - August 23, 2020
Whats your noc and visa office please

Reactions: Vinami

Peter0070

Apr 1, 2021

AOR - August 23, 2020
My Aor is 17 aug , i called on 1st april and at that time just the criminality was pending, i think we are on the same boat. As per your status i guess it took 10 days for backgroud check??Right???

Raj_Jain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Hello guys,

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

Prior to this, I got ADR for paystubs, notice of assessment and T4, which I submitted.

Does anyone have an idea why they're asking for travel history, which I already provided during the application. I believe they already have this travel information at CBSA too.
It is worthy of mention that I was out of Canada (working remotely) when I received ITA last year, and I returned to Canada weeks after my application was submitted.

Maybe you could double-check if you had submitted all pages of your passport or not. It's easy to miss sometimes.

As you said you were not in Canada at the time of submission, it can possibly be unclear to an officer where you are located now. The application depends on the information provided and signed by the applicant. I doubt they will go the extra mile contacting different verticals of the government.

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hello guys,

Are you from Nigeria? It looks like the officer wanted double / cross check that you are physically in Canada or Did you travel to any other locations/places which you forgot to mention during the initial application process?

Could be anything, just provide as mentioned with supporting docs.

ndrks

Mar 12, 2021
Maybe you could double-check if you had submitted all pages of your passport or not. It's easy to miss sometimes.

As you said you were not in Canada at the time of submission, it can possibly be unclear to an officer where you are located now. The application depends on the information provided and signed by the applicant. I doubt they will go the extra mile contacting different verticals of the government.
During time of application, I only submitted stamped pages of my passport and pages with visa.
I'll just scan the whole thing and send to them.
Thanks for the information.

joeychuramoi

Star Member
May 16, 2015
Guys,
this is actually the email I received, Is this for COPR already? Because when I checked my profile its still pending? Any thoughts. Thanks

IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer you today.

Through the PR Confirmation Portal:

· You will confirm you currently live in Canada

· You will provide your current address in Canada (we’ll send your permanent resident card in the mail to this address)

· You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll use to print your PR card

· IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in the mail

Important notes:

· You and every dependent included in your application need to be in Canada to use the portal. If you or one of your dependents currently live outside Canada, let us know by replying to this message (click on reply): IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

· You, as a client, will have to access the portal yourself. If you’re a representative receiving this message, please forward this email to the clients you represented for their PR application until they were approved.

A principal applicant can have more than one profile under their account in this portal. As the principle applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your minor dependents. Profiles for your dependents, who were under 18 years of age at the time you applied for permanent residence, will be created under your profile.Other dependent(s) included in your application, including a spouse/partner and dependents 18 years old or older at the time you applied for permanent residence, can either:allow IRCC to create their account under your principal applicant account. You will then act on behalf of them.

or

give their own unique email address (e.g. gmail, hotmail, etc.) for IRCC to create a new account and complete the steps on their own.

Let us know:

You must inform us immediately via the IRCC webform of any of these changes:

· marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation

· death of

o the sponsor

o the principal applicant or

o any accompanying family member

· birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children

· you (the principal applicant) or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence

What you need to do next:

· Reply (click on reply) to this email (IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) and give us your personal email address.

· Confirm which option (A or B) in section 3 above you are choosing for your other dependent(s) included in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or older at the time you applied for permanent residence):

o If option A, no further email addresses are needed.

o If option B, provide a unique email address for every dependant included in your application (spouse/partner and 18 years or older at the time you applied for permanent residence).

· In your response, for yourself and for each member of your family, copy and paste this template and fill in the information (*verify passport for the dates and location):

ü Name:

ü UCI:

ü Email (as set out in this message):

ü Original entry date:

ü Date of last time entered Canada:

ü Location(Port of Entry):

If you can’t access online tools such as the portal due to accessibility issues or special needs, contact us by replying (click on reply) to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

MC8715

Calgary

Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Ritika0201

Mar 26, 2021
My Aor is 17 aug , i called on 1st april and at that time just the criminality was pending, i think we are on the same boat. As per your status i guess it took 10 days for backgroud check??Right???
Yes that's what I was thinking,,, from a background check to final decision pending, something positive. But my friend's profile was at this stage for more than a month but at that time IRCC was super slow. I feel the IRCC is working at least a bit better way than in December -January. But let's see, read many posts in this thread that the profile is at the final decision stage for a very long time.

KunalC

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
I got the same letter today (AOR 20th Aug). I have a question regarding "You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll use to print your PR card ".
In my case it has been more than 6months since ITA, so should I get the latest photo for this time?

joeychuramoi

Star Member
May 16, 2015
COPR today!!

Noc: 3233 (Practical Nurse); VO: Ottawa

AOR: Aug 23 (1 inland dependent)
Medical Passed: Oct 15
Bio completed: Nov 20
Eligibility started: Jan 29 - 1st week of Feb (as per IRCC)
Ghost update: March 17 ( Not sure if its a real one because when I phone IRCC they said no changes in my file)
Ghost update#2: March 31. Didnt bother to call or check. I was busy at work

April 8: Golden email received. Thanks everyone for your support. We will all soon have our appLications approved. All the best for us

anonymous001

Feb 5, 2021
AOR Aug 31st CEC Inland + 1 Dependent (Spouse)
Medical:Oct 15
Biometrics:Nov 17
Criminality:Finalizing (as per the last talk with agent on 31/3)
Security :In progress
Info Sharing:Complete
Got GU in the evening,saw in the profile -Application/Profile Updated !