+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

virani123

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
Hi All,

I would like to share my experience and I hope this would help people who are waiting. My AOR August 2nd, Medical passed: September 23rd, a Background check was completed on March 8th, Approved: March 25th, 2021 in the Web portal. Haven't received the COPR email yet.
Hey. I got approval yesterday i.e 27th match. Do you have any idea how long it normally takes to receive the email?

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Hi
My AOR is August 11th
Biometrics November 5th
Medical passed September 29th

I did see "Application Update" on the status of my application home page on March 16th and 17th, but when i entered my profile nothing changed and no email received about it. I'm guessing this is what are called Ghost Updates? Does it mean some movement happened regarding my application?

Thanks

Woody24561

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Hi
My AOR is August 11th
Biometrics November 5th
Medical passed September 29th

I did see "Application Update" on the status of my application home page on March 16th and 17th, but when i entered my profile nothing changed and no email received about it. I'm guessing this is what are called Ghost Updates? Does it mean some movement happened regarding my application?

Thanks
Yeah this usually means someone has been in your file and usually means some movement. If you want to know exactly what is going on you can call IRRC and ask the specifics about your application

Naddy123

Mar 10, 2021
Hey. I got approval yesterday i.e 27th match. Do you have any idea how long it normally takes to receive the email?
Honestly, Even I don’t know. I am also waiting for copr email from last 3days I got approval on 25th March. I heard people saying it can 2-3 weeks. Even I have seen cases on this forum where people have been waiting for more than a month. Let’s hope for a best. There’s no set pattern.

Daly.K

Mar 3, 2021
Application approved March 29th
AOR- aug13th
BIO- nov3rd
Medical passed - Jan 12th
Background check -mar 19th
Approved -March 29th
Got 1 GU when my documents submitted went from reviewing to NA around mid March.
Congratulations!
That GU exactly happened to me yesterday; I checked my account in the morning I found that the additional documents status changed from being reviewed to Not Applicable although the status of the application was submitted. Later in the afternoon the status changed to Application updated. I was not sure if that was GU or because of the additional document changes. Last update so far is Medical passed in October, everything else is still processing even background. Patience is running out!

Northbay1212

Oct 30, 2020
Congratulations!
That GU exactly happened to me yesterday; I checked my account in the morning I found that the additional documents status changed from being reviewed to Not Applicable although the status of the application was submitted. Later in the afternoon the status changed to Application updated. I was not sure if that was GU or because of the additional document changes. Last update so far is Medical passed in October, everything else is still processing even background. Patience is running out!
Yeah from there, it took about a week or 2 to get approved. I didn’t get any gu for my background check either. Just saw it passed today along with my approval

Reactions: Daly.K