CEC inland
AOR: August 19, 2020
BIL and Med passed: Oct 7, 2020
Biometrics: November 3, 2020

Called IRCC January 28, 2021
Eligibility: Recommended Passed
Criminality: In progress
Security: Not started

February 2,2021 received letter from IRCC asking for additional document: Current status in Canada and residential address (Responded via webform Feb 16 due to late notice from rep)

Called IRCC February 16, 2021
Eligibility: In progress

Reactions: DreamCanadian2020

DreamCanadian2020

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-08-2020
Med's Done....
30-10-2020
CEC inland
AOR: August 19, 2020
BIL and Med passed: Oct 7, 2020
Biometrics: November 3, 2020

Called IRCC January 28, 2021
Eligibility: Recommended Passed

February 2,2021 received letter from IRCC asking for additional document: Current status in Canada and residential address (Responded via webform Feb 16 due to late notice from rep)

Called IRCC February 16, 2021
Eligibility: In progress
Congrats on recommended pass :)
Interesting that they asked about ur status and stay in Canada, is wp expired and waiting for new one?

Simratpal

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Background changed from “we are processing “ to “your application in progress. We will message you when we start your background check“

Agent said
Security, criminality and background checks have not started.

VO Ottawa.

m not sure why its going backwards without eligibility being started.
In my case eligibility is recommended pass and background is not even started. Not security not even criminality. Its been 1.5 month after they ask for RPRF. Aor 5 aug

islandlife

May 26, 2020
Haha...I got an agent just like that. He said, 'what did they tell you the last time you called?' I answered and then he said, 'same, no changes.' lol
Haha we must have talked with the same agent. He didn't tell me the status right away, instead asked me what I was told last time. That was 2 weeks ago.

Chilling.Lion

Star Member
Feb 16, 2021
Can someone please explain what is the difference between Security, Criminality, Background Check ?

In my account profile, I only see Background Check, they only requested RCMP check from me.

AOR: Aug 5th

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Can someone please explain what is the difference between Security, Criminality, Background Check ?

In my account profile, I only see Background Check, they only requested RCMP check from me.

AOR: Aug 5th
security and criminality is a part of background. When security and criminality gets passed then that means background is passed

Reactions: Chilling.Lion

Chethan_blr

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Haha we must have talked with the same agent. He didn't tell me the status right away, instead asked me what I was told last time. That was 2 weeks ago.
Agent may have realized the file was not touched from the time you called previously.. it's quick and simple to say "same as last time' than spending time in finding same details. they are also under pressure to reduce wait times...its even hard to connect to them now..

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I’m curious as to why so many of us August folks are stuck at Criminality. I don’t think the issue is on the RCMP side, cos from the cases on here that I have seen, many note that their GCMS notes show that the info from the RCMP screening came back as NRT (No Reported Trace).

So it sounds like (at least to me) that these stages are waiting for an Officer to manually check the results and flip them over to “Passed/ Complete”

I know they often handle these in batches, but it seems really odd for Criminality to have been In Progress for a large part of our applications’ lifespans so far.

Reactions: CAP5

Monkey D. Luffy

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
This is my hypotheses, upon on seeing other applicants from June/July/August in various forums.

If VO is Ottawa and your AOR is June/July then high chances of getting COPR this month.

If VO is Ottawa and your AOR is August, most likely below will be your status.

Eligibility : Recommended Pass
Criminality : In Progress
Security : Not Started
Info Sharing: Complete

So August AOR can expect COPR from March onwards.

*Ofcourse each case is different, timelines may vary!

DreamCanadian2020

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-08-2020
Med's Done....
30-10-2020
In my case eligibility is recommended pass and background is not even started. Not security not even criminality. Its been 1.5 month after they ask for RPRF. Aor 5 aug
I already paid the fees while application submission..in progress criminality went back to not started..keep us posted if u see an update

skyhigh1245

Mar 12, 2019
Hello guys,

My friend recieved CoPR on Jan 14 ( her AOR is August 21, 2020, CEC inland Toronto), she applied by herself not through a representative. So for August friends, I know you are all worried , but what we can do now is just wait for the result . :D :D . Some could be faster or some could be slower than others, it happens.
Best luck for all.

Reactions: Vinami