+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** AUGUST 2020 CEC APPLICANTS TIMELINE *****

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I called IRCCC 2 weeks ago. If I call them again will the agent get mad at me?
No they won't get mad at you.
Applicants have a right to get status updates about their application. If there hasn't been movement on your file, then it might be a wasted call in terms of your peace of mind, but the call center agent can't be mad at you, and is obliged to provide you the information you request, where possible.

Woody24561

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Don't worry. I'm in same boat as you lol.
Btw what's your application status
AOR August 4th
Medicals 24th September
Biometrics 24th September
I called on 15th March and they told me everything had passed (2 Ghost updates around the 8th and 12th of March)

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Got approved on 17th March and currently on my 10th day of waiting for the email with COPR. There is no pure happiness in this whole process. If anyone is happy one day, IRCC makes sure that they are sad for the next few days. Sadistic guys. :p

Reactions: Woody24561

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Got approved on 17th March and currently on my 10th day of waiting for the email with COPR. There is no pure happiness in this whole process. If anyone is happy one day, IRCC makes sure that they are sad for the next few days. Sadistic guys. :p
If you're "Approved", does that mean the process is over, or is it only finally over when you get "COPR". Because I don't see why they don't issue COPR along with Approved status in one go

Woody24561

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
If you're "Approved", does that mean the process is over, or is it only finally over when you get "COPR". Because I don't see why they don't issue COPR along with Approved status in one go
I think you are pretty safe when its approved but i would still say its over once you receive COPR

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
I think you are pretty safe when its approved but i would still say its over once you receive COPR
I see. I remember for study permits it wasn't like that. It would say "A decision is made. Please send your passport". And then you need to wait until the passport comes back to you to see whether you've been approved or not.

Woody24561

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
I see. I remember for study permits it wasn't like that. It would say "A decision is made. Please send your passport". And then you need to wait until the passport comes back to you to see whether you've been approved or not.
Yeah I think some people still get that email. I have seen people just get COPR straight into the account

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Technically once it is approved, then your COPR gets put in a queue for printing once the Officer initiates the process in the GCMS system. For most things, it is better to wait till you have the COPR in hand to be absolutely safe, but if you are Approved, then you can breathe a sigh of relief

Pradeep.orca

Dec 3, 2019
I am working in Canada on work permit and want to bring my family. My wife’s and daughter’s trv expired and my son’s trv valid till June 26th and travel plan is may 1st week . Can I apply for trv for my son before it expires. Can anyone please advise.My Pr is on hold since my family is outside Canada

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Technically once it is approved, then your COPR gets put in a queue for printing once the Officer initiates the process in the GCMS system. For most things, it is better to wait till you have the COPR in hand to be absolutely safe, but if you are Approved, then you can breathe a sigh of relief
Second that. In pre Corona world approved would mean sending the passport for one time entry Visa stamping and then once you are entering Canada a COPR will be issued. So, Approved means almost complete.

Reactions: EscoBlades