+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 / Outland Spousal Sponsorship no updates - Dakar/Pretoria Visa Offices

aya2527

Nov 24, 2019
Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen who passed an application for spousal sponsorship last 6th of August 2019. My husband, a Congolese did his biometrics and medical exam on October 2019, and he passed. Since then we’ve been waiting for the updates.

We understand the delays because of Covid situation. What we are worried is that we have a Canadian friend who also sponsored her husband just this January 2020, and her Congolese husband is now on the passport stage. We were early to pass than them, but ours is not moving forward. IRCC said they’re processing application chronologically the dates they received it, but ours is earlier with no news yet.

Whom should we asked for help regarding this situation? Hoping to here some tips or any help from you. Thank you.

Marriageisbliss

Oct 23, 2018
Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen who passed an application for spousal sponsorship last 6th of August 2019. My husband, a Congolese did his biometrics and medical exam on October 2019, and he passed. Since then we’ve been waiting for the updates.

We understand the delays because of Covid situation. What we are worried is that we have a Canadian friend who also sponsored her husband just this January 2020, and her Congolese husband is now on the passport stage. We were early to pass than them, but ours is not moving forward. IRCC said they’re processing application chronologically the dates they received it, but ours is earlier with no news yet.

Whom should we asked for help regarding this situation? Hoping to here some tips or any help from you. Thank you.
did you hear back? we applied July 2018. had no problems except delay. finally Oct 2019 they asked for passport. Oct 2020 they approved hi.. his passport left the country but then was stopped half way to update his judiciaire.

aya2527

Nov 24, 2019
did you hear back? we applied July 2018. had no problems except delay. finally Oct 2019 they asked for passport. Oct 2020 they approved hi.. his passport left the country but then was stopped half way to update his judiciaire.

I still haven’t receive any response from them. This is frustrating not knowing anything

Abolade123

Nov 17, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Is it a must as a study permit applicant to submit criminal records certificate?

Limnyuy

Jul 18, 2021
Hello,

Have you heard back from them? I am Canadian, My husband is from Cameroon sent to Dakar visa office. Outland August 2 2019 applicant. Medicals and biometrics were completed back in November of 2019. My MP contacted Dakar visa office a couple of times and their reason for the delay is the pandemic but most people stuck in the pandemic wrath should be those that could not get medicals done due to the closure of VO's across the globe. I am frustrated and tired of ordering GCMS notes. My application has been in process since February 2020. The last time my MP contacted this VO, they said I should watch for online backlog status. Now currently finalizing first week of November 2019 still nothing. My recent GCMS notes last update on his file was in February of 2021.

Ruthyyyyyy

May 9, 2021
August 2019 Dakar visa office , got additional documents request in April then silence . Medical exam expired already