+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Hi Everyone, I have a question. My status changed today in ECAS but i do not understand what it means, since i am already in Canada and have not done anything. Thanks for your help!

"Noor entered Canada at Edmonton IRCC on june 192020 and became a permanent resident"
I guess that despite the closure of the borders, the default message is still being generated.

See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22 for the normal process.

Anyway, congratulations.

May you share your timeline?

flamesldn

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
The people that just got COPR was your file moved to a local(secondary) office or you got your COPR straight from CPC Mississauga

Bukols

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
So stressful (the waiting that is) we applied through a lawyer.. feb 2020 :| .. does anyone have a lawyer? If yes do you get information to your mail or email or does everything go to the lawyer?
Everything goes to the lawyer. You can check your Ecas by yourself, they update it as well even though it’s not well detailed. Once you see an update like we sent medical request on Ecas, call your lawyer to check his or her email .... That’s what I do...

Cresel

Jun 24, 2020
The people that just got COPR was your file moved to a local(secondary) office or you got your COPR straight from CPC Mississauga
I’m having the same question, my file was sent to my local visa office last week. Haven’t heard anything yet.

Cresel

Jun 24, 2020
Hello All,
I’m August 2019 Inland applicant, last week my partner received a letter stating that his SA was approved and then the next day I received an email from CIC saying that my application was transferred to my local visa office. Does anybody here had the same experience? Thank you

navtej

Jul 3, 2006
Hi all,

My son lodged an inland application in August 2019 for his wife's sponsorship and OWP.

OWP was received in November 2019. Medicals were done in December 2019. Background check started in January 2020.

He received SA in June 2020. Daughter-in-law received an email stating she is now a permanent resident on June 23, 2020. So the landing interview did not happen due to COVID-19.

Thanks to all for sharing your experience here. Good luck to the rest of August 2019 inland applicants. There is light at the end of the tunnel which is very near now.

Cresel

Jun 24, 2020
Hi all,

My son lodged an inland application in August 2019 for his wife's sponsorship and OWP.

OWP was received in November 2019. Medicals were done in December 2019. Background check started in January 2020.

He received SA in June 2020. Daughter-in-law received an email stating she is now a permanent resident on June 23, 2020. So the landing interview did not happen due to COVID-19.

Thanks to all for sharing your experience here. Good luck to the rest of August 2019 inland applicants. There is light at the end of the tunnel which is very near now.
Was the application sent to the local visa office or it stayed in Mississauga? Thanks

flamesldn

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi all,

Please don’t forget to update the spreadsheet thanks

Reactions: TriniKRN

maryam.k

Sep 11, 2019
London
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I sent in my photo on June 14th, and received my PR card in about 10 days. I’m a July 2019 applicant and my office was London ON.

Luap88

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
I sent in my photo on June 14th, and received my PR card in about 10 days. I’m a July 2019 applicant and my office was London ON.
I’m with the Etobicoke office and sent my photo/letter off June 2nd. Still no card yet. Wondering how long I should wait before contacting them. Is there a number to call or somewhere online to track it?