AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Any update on Aug 2019 inland spousal sponsorship applications landing office Mississauga?
Depending where you're at with your application, those that got AIP, SA and DM earlier this year are getting the CoPRs emailed to them without the landing interview. Other's are still waiting for decisions.
I suggest checking the tracker, August Inland tab to get an idea where everyone is. Keep in mind, due to covid-19, some info might not be accurate.

May 18, 2020
just discovered this forum; posting an update I got last week.

Inland spousal PR (no OWP). spouse is Canadian citizen, I'm a US citizen in BC on a work visa. we applied as common-law in August, but got married in November.

Received: August 12, 2019
AOR: September 16, 2019
Medical Request: December 7, 2019
Medical Approved: December 30, 2019
Background Check Started: January 8, 2020
Sponsor Approval: May 12, 2020

Along with SA last week, we got a request for additional proof of cohabitation. We had sent in our joint lease, docs with our names as insurance beneficiaries for each other, and utility bills from our time living together in the US and here in BC, but they claimed that wasn't sufficient. So I sent in about 4 batches of additional documents, letters addressed to us, marriage certificate (again), pictures of the wedding, more utility bills, etc. Not sure what more they're looking for. Given the backlog, AIP and DM probably won't be for another few months.

Reactions: TriniKRN

TuAnh

Apr 28, 2020
Anyone else heard anything about landing interviews? Our application was approved (AIP, SA & DM) in early March and we're just waiting on something to happen with the interview now. Our application was received August 21st 2019.
I am in similar timeline. Received around end of Sept, AIP Mar 13, no appointment scheduled. My student visa expires end of Jun so I wonder if I should apply for PGWP just in case the PR confirmation gets delayed and I lose my status.

xavilor

Mar 19, 2019
I am in similar timeline. Received around end of Sept, AIP Mar 13, no appointment scheduled. My student visa expires end of Jun so I wonder if I should apply for PGWP just in case the PR confirmation gets delayed and I lose my status.
Same here, received the AIP, SA & DM the 11th of march, I had no interview scheduled at the time, still waiting on any update. Apprently they start giving CoPR by email without interviews but it is very slow.

JRob32

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Hi Folks! Perhaps a strange question...

Does anyone know if the date your medical was passed is correlated with when your background check begins? We are August 21 and had an approved extension to get our medicals in due to having to travel to another country to have dependents examined.

Our medicals were passed on January 31, where as it seems most of you had passed your medicals in late December/early January. I have watched many of you receive AIP, SA, DM and we have heard nothing beyond that the background check had begun post medicals being passed. I am curious if our timeline may be pushed now due to the medial extension, or if background checks beginning have anything to do with the timeline of completion of medicals?

Thank you for any insight! Trying to remain patient and positive, and grateful for all of you and this supportive community :)

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
To everyone new in the forum, here is the link to the 2019 Spousal/ Common-law sponsorship tracker.
If you applied in August, there is an August-Inland tab located down the bottom.
Due to Covid-19, a lot of the interview dates have been cancelled so they might not be accurate as some don't update their infos often. But, it should give you an idea where most are at and whatever else they're waiting for.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=1872416465

Luap88

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
I might be wrong but from what I've seen, August applicants waiting on landing interviews in Alberta & BC are getting calls or letters/emails to confirm them as PR's. A couple in Ontario have received this but I've not seen anyone who is waiting on the Etobicoke or Mississauga receive anything yet.

I'm waiting on the Etobicoke one as well.

bchurch26

Mar 6, 2019
Hi Everyone!
I applied to sponsor my partner (common law) in august 2019. I have my PR and now sponsoring him, we did his medical in January, they asked for more documents march 2nd & we still haven't heard back, i mean with more documents it was 'prove to me you are partners' basically. worrying cause we haven't heard anything and i sent everything in on march 2nd. anyone got any advice? lol anyone been contacted during this covid19 situation? we live in bc, owp.

Boilon

Aug 15, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Glad to hear about people getting COPR emails in lieu of the landing interviews. Hopefully ours isn't too far behind and will see one within the next few weeks. We got delayed a bit from our DM (DM Apr 17) because of a new police form needing to be submitted...
Here in Vancouver so been seeing people from BC/AB getting emails so hope it won't be too long for us.

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
It is such a shame that CIC still hasn't figured out way to approve pending applications for inland PR.
All I hear is few of them who already had SA/AIP approved and waiting for DM.
What about the late august applicants and September applicants?

I am now seeing consequences, first of all spouse doesn't have OHIP and even though it is covered from sponsor employer group insurance, medical emergencies are always exempted, which means rest is covered but pay like 1500$ as medical emergency fee out of pockets.

How in world they don't understand to expedite the process as we are heading 9 months of application and medicals being approved in early January.
It is pathetic, I appreciated CIC a lot earlier but I was wrong.

Hope no one has to go through this hardship until OHIP is issued.

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
It is such a shame that CIC still hasn't figured out way to approve pending applications for inland PR.
All I hear is few of them who already had SA/AIP approved and waiting for DM.
What about the late august applicants and September applicants?

I am now seeing consequences, first of all spouse doesn't have OHIP and even though it is covered from sponsor employer group insurance, medical emergencies are always exempted, which means rest is covered but pay like 1500$ as medical emergency fee out of pockets.

How in world they don't understand to expedite the process as we are heading 9 months of application and medicals being approved in early January.
It is pathetic, I appreciated CIC a lot earlier but I was wrong.

Hope no one has to go through this hardship until OHIP is issued.
On a side note, I agree that due to pandemic, they weren't able to process much but not to this extent. For outland, it makes sense to not process, since Canadian embassies across the world are shut down and they cannot process.
Why is it so hard for inland applicants? They waited for so long to act and still they don't have technology to approve. I heard July 2019 and few august applicants getting approved by calls. Why can't they schedule video calls and process the rest of applicants until offices open up?

Canada has done so good handling covid-19 but yet lapses can be seen on immigration processes especially for inland.
I am done ranting but that's the truth.

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
On a side note, I agree that due to pandemic, they weren't able to process much but not to this extent. For outland, it makes sense to not process, since Canadian embassies across the world are shut down and they cannot process.
Why is it so hard for inland applicants? They waited for so long to act and still they don't have technology to approve. I heard July 2019 and few august applicants getting approved by calls. Why can't they schedule video calls and process the rest of applicants until offices open up?

Canada has done so good handling covid-19 but yet lapses can be seen on immigration processes especially for inland.
I am done ranting but that's the truth.
I completely agree with you on this, instead of accepting new applications they should approve existing applications first so that spouses don’t suffer. To this day, I’ve been seeing no movement after 26 August 2019, no one got their sa and aip after that.