+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

natalia1201

Feb 6, 2020
Hi
Last few days I had some movement on my application and finally I got my owp approved... here’s my timeline so far:

Aug 22nd - app sent
Aug 23rd - received
Oct 8th - AOR (46 days)
Dec 8th - medical exam request
Dec 12th - medical exam done
Dec 30th - medical exam passed
Jan 10th - background check started
Feb 11th - ghost update on my PR application
Feb 12th - owp approved

As suggested here in this forum, on feb 9th I filled out the webform asking about my owp and today they changed the status to approved.

Akhil9773

Feb 13, 2020
Hello everyone,
Hope everyone are doing great. I’m looking for some information here. I applied for spousal sponsorship on August 15, 2019. CIC received my documents on August 19, 2019. I received my file number on September 20, 2019. That was the last update I received on my file. I have no clue what’s going on with my file as there are updates at all. My friends applied 3 months after my application and they all got passport request already. I’m little worried now. Is there anyone here with same scenario?

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
Hope everyone are doing great. I’m looking for some information here. I applied for spousal sponsorship on August 15, 2019. CIC received my documents on August 19, 2019. I received my file number on September 20, 2019. That was the last update I received on my file. I have no clue what’s going on with my file as there are updates at all. My friends applied 3 months after my application and they all got passport request already. I’m little worried now. Is there anyone here with same scenario?
Have you logged on to mygc account?
Did you get medial request form?
Check our Spreadsheet and compare to others
Most August Applicants had their Medical completed in December.

Akhil9773

Feb 13, 2020
Have you logged on to mygc account?
Did you get medial request form?
Check our Spreadsheet and compare to others
Most August Applicants had their Medical completed in December.
Yes I did. Didn’t get the request for medical. I even tried calling CIC and they advised they haven’t started the process on my application. They said the processing time is 12 months and to call after 12 months. My friends who applied way long after me got their passport request. Not sure what else to do.

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What`s happening about biometrics?
Did any August applicants get any requests for Biometrics so far?
Or are we all exempt?

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I did. Didn’t get the request for medical. I even tried calling CIC and they advised they haven’t started the process on my application. They said the processing time is 12 months and to call after 12 months. My friends who applied way long after me got their passport request. Not sure what else to do.
That sounds weird .
All of us August applicants had already medical request.
Did you check out our spreadsheet ?
Its a great source of information regarding time lines

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Luap88

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
What`s happening about biometrics?
Did any August applicants get any requests for Biometrics so far?
Or are we all exempt?
My lawyer seemed to suggest that August applicants won't receive a request for Biometrics. Based on the spreadsheet I would expect to see some AIP's start to come through for us August people in the next couple of weeks.

Rozalinda

Dec 30, 2018
My lawyer seemed to suggest that August applicants won't receive a request for Biometrics. Based on the spreadsheet I would expect to see some AIP's start to come through for us August people in the next couple of weeks.
Fingers crossed!!!

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
next couple of days I hope :)

Akhil9773

Feb 13, 2020
I haven’t received a medical request yet. I called CIC to enquire about this and they said they haven’t started the processing on my file.