+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

vcanada21

Oct 9, 2019
Hi all,
Quick question about police clearance check. We got ours done in May and sent the application in August. My husband has been a visitor since July and our application was resent for some corrections. It is corrected and sent back, by the time they get to our application, would they resend to request for a new police check?

Arod

May 15, 2017
I sent the application for my wife on August 18th through Canada Post and still no AOR.

I tried calling IRCC but it seems I need the application number before talking to an agent, which of course I don't have.

Tried linking my application as well. Nothing was found.

Not sure what to do.

lovecanada001

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I need help.
Can anyone help me out? I am filling application for my wife, there is one question on the checklist which makes me so confused. The question is The person I am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as a non-accompanying dependent when I applied for a permanent resident visa, and did not receive an immigrant visa.
Yes/ NO.
Please, anyone, help me to understand this question.

Oct 18, 2019
I sent the application for my wife on August 18th through Canada Post and still no AOR.

I tried calling IRCC but it seems I need the application number before talking to an agent, which of course I don't have.

Tried linking my application as well. Nothing was found.

Not sure what to do.
I called IRCC for a few times before i got my AOR.Try the order 2-1-1-0 when you make a call,then you can get a helpful agent.I took a visitor visa to Canada and there is an UCI on my visa.I use the UCI then the agent can find out what happen to my application(I am the applicant)

mj_toronto

Mar 28, 2018
Hello Everybody - I have a quick question. I sponsored my Wife's PR app.
The application was received Aug 29, and I received the ack Oct 16 acknowledging my eligibility as Sponsor.

Any idea how much time does it take before my wife received a similar email from CIC confirming her eligibility, assuming everything goes right.
Because that is the one Service Ontario needs for OHIP registration.

Appreciate your response.

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Good news - husband got his OWP approval letter today (well, it came Friday, but I checked the mail today!). We're going to a Service Canada this week to get him his SIN card. We're so thrilled!

Once he has a SIN card, I'm guessing he can get a health card and do things like open a bank account? We don't know much about what the OWP approval allows him to do (aside from work of course). Any information others have would be appreciated.

bluelady

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Good news - husband got his OWP approval letter today (well, it came Friday, but I checked the mail today!). We're going to a Service Canada this week to get him his SIN card. We're so thrilled!

Once he has a SIN card, I'm guessing he can get a health card and do things like open a bank account? We don't know much about what the OWP approval allows him to do (aside from work of course). Any information others have would be appreciated.
You guys could also get a driver's license

Luap88

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Seems like the OWP's are coming through for August applicants.

Mine was received 21st August so hopefully I'll hear something in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: Ella A