+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

HomeBaked

May 31, 2019
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd give you all an update on my returned application.

It finally arrived in the mail, around 30 days after being marked as incomplete. Apparently the only thing that was missing was "notice of assessment including line 150".

The package they returned contains the notice of assessment with line 150 already. I will provide some photos and hopefully someone can tell me if we did something wrong.

My questions are, if we did indeed include something wrong, can I just slip the correct document in and send it straight back? Is there some sort of grace period in case the forms have been updated since? Should I paperclip all my groups of docs reassemble them in the correct order? Is there anything I can do to get back in my place if it was a mistake on IRCC's end?

Your advice and guidance is, as always, greatly appreciated!

imgur.com/a/3ZubkBr
The links to your images don’t work for me unfortunately so I can’t comment on the NOA.

Unfortunately there is no grace period even if CIC have sent your app back mistakenly. The only thing you can do now is double check everything, make sure everything is the exact order stated in the guide and checklist and send it back treating it as though you’re applying for the first time again. Sadly you’ll be back the back of the queue and will have the same timeline as October applicants.
Thanks for your input once again, even though it's not the news I wanted. Oh well, back to it I guess...

EDIT: Is there any resource that can inform me of when forms have been updated? Or if anyone in the process is aware of there have been any changes since July?

Last edited:

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Thanks for your input once again, even though it's not the news I wanted. Oh well, back to it I guess...

EDIT: Is there any resource that can inform me of when forms update?
Hello there, I am able to see the images that you sent and understandably, those aren't the correct forms that they are asking. The Notice of Assessment is not a T4 slip or Tax documents. It's the document that Canada Revenue Agency sends to your home address after filing your taxes either notifying you of a refund or an outstanding payment. It literally says "Notice of Assessment" in the front page, its a 4 page document and line 150 is on Page 2. I would send you a photo example but I would somehow find a way to send it to you privately.

And with your documents, you can by all means return it the way they are as long as the signatures are done within 3 months and the forms are updated. All forms are all on the CIC website.

bluelady

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Hello there, I am able to see the images that you sent and understandably, those aren't the correct forms that they are asking. The Notice of Assessment is not a T4 slip or Tax documents. It's the document that Canada Revenue Agency sends to your home address after filing your taxes either notifying you of a refund or an outstanding payment. It literally says "Notice of Assessment" in the front page, its a 4 page document and line 150 is on Page 2. I would send you a photo example but I would somehow find a way to send it to you privately.

And with your documents, you can by all means return it the way they are as long as the signatures are done within 3 months and the forms are updated. All forms are all on the CIC website.
There is also a section in the CIC site that says Canada Revenue ;) that is where we got ours. Just have to log in the username of my hubby.

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a stupid Question.
On the spreadsheet there are columns "approved in Principle", "Decision made" ?
How do I get notice for that ?

Also there is a column for "Landing Interview" ? what is a Landing Interview ?

Luap88

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Just a stupid Question.
On the spreadsheet there are columns "approved in Principle", "Decision made" ?
How do I get notice for that ?

Also there is a column for "Landing Interview" ? what is a Landing Interview ?
Approved in Principle (AIP) and Decision Made (DM) takes place towards the end of the process and they're usually a good sign that you're nearing the end of the application process.

The Landing Interview is where you go to collect your Confirmation of Permanent Residency at the very end of the application process. They then mail you a PR card in the mail.

Reactions: Elk-hunter

HomeBaked

May 31, 2019

Do you know if the signatures must be done within 3 months of the package being received or is it from when the agent is looking at it? Also, how do I find out if my forms are up to date?

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Do you know if the signatures must be done within 3 months of the package being received or is it from when the agent is looking at it? Also, how do I find out if my forms are up to date?
The forms should be signed within three months of being received.
You can search all the forms here and you can compare the month and year on the bottom left corner of the forms with the forms you have filled up right now.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html

TheUltimateLurker

Star Member
May 2, 2019
Hello folks. I've been gone for a few days and missed a few pages of discussion. Still so disappointing the slight error I did with OWP payment. I'd love to believe I wasn't pushed to the very back of the line - time will tell. For all those who linked OWP to their account - congratulations, let the waiting continue.

Happy Thanksgiving to all :)

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Good day all,

I just received an AOR from IRCC. The application was received August 27, 2019 and the AOR was sent on October 11, 2019.

Good luck everyone!

redtoes

Aug 18, 2014
Hey there!!
Me and my husband sent our inland spousal PR and OWP as well!
App sent: Aug 11, 2019
App received: Aug 13, 2019

Hi there, we're in Ottawa and my husband and I sent our inland spousal PR in August, it was received August 12th.
Good luck to everyone

My husband is the sponsor and he's a Canadian Citizen - we're applying from Calgary, Alberta

Best of luck to you and to everyone with this process!!
Hopefully we can get more people posting their progress here.

redtoes

Aug 18, 2014
Hi all,

We were supposed to be mailing in July but got delayed so we sent ours in August too :)

We're in Ottawa too. Good luck!
Ours was received August 12th.

App sent: 8th Aug
App received : 12th Aug

Husband is Canadian Citizen and I'm a UK Citizen. We're applying from Ottawa, Ontario.

Good luck everyone! The waiting game begins!