20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Hey there!!
Me and my husband sent our inland spousal PR and OWP as well!
App sent: Aug 11, 2019
App received: Aug 13, 2019

My husband is the sponsor and he's a Canadian Citizen - we're applying from Calgary, Alberta

Best of luck to you and to everyone with this process!!
Hopefully we can get more people posting their progress here.

JRob32

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Just submitted our application today (August 15) for an inland spousal sponsorship and OWP for my American husband. We are applying from Halifax.

We just had our first baby here in Canada in June and are so excited to get this process rolling after years of talking about it!

Looking forward to following the process with you all and supporting one another - best of luck!

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Hi Everyone,

Just submitted our application today (August 15) for an inland spousal sponsorship and OWP for my American husband. We are applying from Halifax.

We just had our first baby here in Canada in June and are so excited to get this process rolling after years of talking about it!

Looking forward to following the process with you all and supporting one another - best of luck!
Congratulations on your little one!!! Our little girl's 1st birthday is tomorrow! Time goes so quick so enjoy your little bundle of joy :)
Good luck with your application! Hope we get some good news soon!

Boilon

Aug 15, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Hello,

I recently applied with my common-law partner for inland PR - but did not include open work permit ,he is currently on a working holiday visa which we may extend later on. I am the sponsor (Canadian) of my partner who is British.

App sent: Aug 9, 2019
App received: Aug 13, 2019

I heard that inland applications can take longer than outland to get the acknowledgement email which I guess is the first step. I think that's the worst part waiting to hear whether its starting to be processed or not. I also heard on Reddit that it could take up to 2-3 months to find out if there is anything wrong or missing in the application.

Also applied from Vancouver ,BC.

Reactions: TheUltimateLurker

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi all,

We were supposed to be mailing in July but got delayed so we sent ours in August too :)

App sent: 8th Aug
App received : 12th Aug

Husband is Canadian Citizen and I'm a UK Citizen. We're applying from Ottawa, Ontario.

Good luck everyone! The waiting game begins!

Reactions: redtoes

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Hi All,
I am planning to submit the spouse sponsorship by last week of this month.

I am looking for some help. I have gathered all the documents for spouse sponsorship and I am clear on that part. However, I am totally lost w.r.t OWP, in the checklist, it has various if conditions. But I could not find anything stating if you are spouse of a PR holder. It would be really helpful if someone who have done this already can help me in this.

Also I would like to know, the additional documents required and the order of documents. I mean where I have to place my OWP application? In a separate envelope or after the Sponsorship checklist.

All the best to everyone!!

Thanks.

TheUltimateLurker

Star Member
May 2, 2019
I applied Aug1, very nervous, very excited! Good luck to everyone.

For those who have not updated the "Inland August" tab with their info, would be very nice to fill it in if possible.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit?usp=sharing

Also I would like to know, the additional documents required and the order of documents. I mean where I have to place my OWP application? In a separate envelope or after the Sponsorship checklist.
Thanks.
Cannot answer first part, but regarding order:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#submit

The order of documents should be as follows:
checklist;
open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
any barcode pages;
supporting documents, in the order they’re listed on the checklist.

Reactions: Manny777

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi @Manny777 can you specify which questions you're having issues with?

You mention the checklist. The only question pertaining to the OWP on the checklist (IMM5533) is question 5. As you're inland you need to select the first checkbox which states 'I am currently living in Canada with my sponsor, and I am applying under the spouse or common law partner in Canada class' and ensure you check the box underneath the mailing address which states 'I am also including an Open Work Permit application'. As you're inland the two checkboxes underneath this (living outside of Canada and Inland Family class but not spousal) do not apply to you.

Is this the part you were referring to or are you having issues with the OWP form? (IMM5710) if so, which questions?

Hope this helps!

TJ

Reactions: TheUltimateLurker

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Hi @Manny777 can you specify which questions you're having issues with?

You mention the checklist. The only question pertaining to the OWP on the checklist (IMM5533) is question 5. As you're inland you need to select the first checkbox which states 'I am currently living in Canada with my sponsor, and I am applying under the spouse or common law partner in Canada class' and ensure you check the box underneath the mailing address which states 'I am also including an Open Work Permit application'. As you're inland the two checkboxes underneath this (living outside of Canada and Inland Family class but not spousal) do not apply to you.

Is this the part you were referring to or are you having issues with the OWP form? (IMM5710) if so, which questions?

Hope this helps!

TJ
Hi,

Sorry, if I was not clear. I have mentioned the checklist(IMM 5556 E) for OWP. I would also like to know what are the documents needed for OWP. Could someone please guide me on that.

Thanks.

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
I applied Aug1, very nervous, very excited! Good luck to everyone.

For those who have not updated the "Inland August" tab with their info, would be very nice to fill it in if possible.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit?usp=sharing

Cannot answer first part, but regarding order:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#submit
Thanks. This is really helpful.

bluelady

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Hi,

Sorry, if I was not clear. I have mentioned the checklist(IMM 5556 E) for OWP. I would also like to know what are the documents needed for OWP. Could someone please guide me on that.

Thanks.
Hi! I submitted with an OWP. The only OWP app i sent IMM5710 and its barcode since i am applying inland spousal sponsorship.