+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Goforhope

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
You got refused your PR while you’v been interviewed or what ??
Our first application was refused after an interview. Then we applied again, it's 16 months until now and still nothing. We're going to give up, already packed everything to start moving back to my home country with my wife.

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
Our first application was refused after an interview. Then we applied again, it's 16 months until now and still nothing. We're going to give up, already packed everything to start moving back to my home country with my wife.
So sorry to hear that, this is really very frustrated situation. In the other side we are stressed with covid situation, and going through all this, this is really to much for our mental health!

Goforhope

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
So sorry to hear that, this is really very frustrated situation. In the other side we are stressed with covid situation, and going through all this, this is really to much for our mental health!
That's ok, I've been through a very hard life, just lost $50,000 recently with Paypal, not seeing my family for 6 years. Everything is just "life", I don't care about it anymore.

enigmatic93

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
Oh. I am about to apply for inland spouse sponsorship. My husband is a Canadian citizen and I came here initially as a student and now have a post graduate work permit (working in provincial government, full time). My husband will be sponsoring me. We have age difference of 16 years, know each other for past 5 years while living in same city and worked together for one year, we are from same country and share culture/values. We got married in Aug 2020. Our families could not attend the ceremony due to COVID and they are in our home country. I am looking to make my application really stronger. Any suggestions on that? I am trying to pull as many as proofs as I can. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

HomeBaked

May 31, 2019
Oh. I am about to apply for inland spouse sponsorship. My husband is a Canadian citizen and I came here initially as a student and now have a post graduate work permit (working in provincial government, full time). My husband will be sponsoring me. We have age difference of 16 years, know each other for past 5 years while living in same city and worked together for one year, we are from same country and share culture/values. We got married in Aug 2020. Our families could not attend the ceremony due to COVID and they are in our home country. I am looking to make my application really stronger. Any suggestions on that? I am trying to pull as many as proofs as I can. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
Have a joint bank account as long as possible. Have as many documents as you can showing both your names on a mortgage or tenant agreement. Save every receipt you both have for home furnishings, car payments, rent.. basically anything you spend money on for both of you. Try to have multiple pieces of strong evidence from at least every month of your cohabitation and every week if possible. There’s really no such thing as too much information to support your case but too little will result in denial.

I don’t know if it helped my case, but I have several emails and Facebook messages between me and my partner’s parents about taking care of their daughter and making plans for Christmas. I included as many photos with me and her family and vice versa as possible, mentions in Christmas letters and cards, basically stuff that is usually reserved for couples and you can’t just fake with a stranger.

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hello great people of this forum, please I need help in making my application strong.
I first met my wife since November 2019, ever since we have been together. We started cohabiting since January 2020 and got married in November 2020 which was exactly one year after our romantic relationship started. And we had a child together in October. I am also an international student here and due to graduate in 2022. We have utility bills both in our names since May 2020 to now, joint bank account since March 2020 to now, insurance benefit with both names on it, pictures with my sponsor’s mother and other family members, I put her as a secondary holder on my credit cards, I have receipt of house hold items I bought from Wayfair when we moved in together, I don’t know if it is necessary to put that. We have drivers license both showing our address since last year June. And we got letters from my parent and her mother and from friends too. I don’t wanna include owp to it because I wanna maintain my student status and instead apply for pgwp when I graduate next year may, that is I don’t get my pr by then. Please any suggestion on what to add to my application.

Bidmar

Nov 29, 2019
You have more than enough proof already I think.
My commonlaw partner sponsored me.. we are not married obviously but we have a child.. we only live together for 1 year before we applied for sponsorship. Got my COPr already.
Good luck

mf2040

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Hello everyone!

Just got a letter today saying we "qualify to receive pre-arrival services...". Hopefully, more of us will start seeing these types of letters soon!