20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Hey Guys,

Probably a dumb question but I'm just being my usual paranoid self... is it normal to have nothing showing in your online portal account at this point? Our application was sent via registered mall (Canada Post) on August 15 and signed for/received on August 22. When I check my husband's online account, it shows that there are no applications. Is this normal until the AOR is posted? Or should there be something in there now?

Thanks,

JRob
They received our application the 13th and we still have nothing. No worries! We're all waiting :D

TheUltimateLurker

Star Member
May 2, 2019
Got an email that the application was in progress since Sep9 (yesterday). At least part 1 of stress is over!

Able to find on ECAS. No special updates other than. Paperwork received Aug1, processing since Sep9.

Woo!

Last edited:
Reactions: bluelady

IvoryZhang

Aug 1, 2019
Application received: August 6th
AOR: September 10th

Able to find the application on ECAS. Also linked to my GCkey account. Just a reminder that you should use PA’s info (name, passport....) when you try to link to GCkey! Good luck to everybody.

Last edited:

mohamedbarbary

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019

Able to find the application on ECAS. Also linked to my GCkey account. Just a reminder that you should use PA’s info (name, passport....) when you try to link to GCkey! Good luck to everybody.
hi , my wife is Canadian and she sponsor me , she got email with application number
application send on 1st August and got email Sep 9th
how you linked account eith GC key and what do you mean by should use PA’s info (name, passport....) when you try to link to GCkey! Good luck to everybody.
thanks

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Looks like the average time for AOR in August is 35 days! Congrats to everyone who's received it so far. We're currently at 29 days so hopefully we'll hear something next week :)

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020

Thank you for this info! Still waiting for my AOR - Application received August 13. Hopefully I'll be getting it this week or next!

IvoryZhang

Aug 1, 2019
hi , my wife is Canadian and she sponsor me , she got email with application number
application send on 1st August and got email Sep 9th
how you linked account eith GC key and what do you mean by should use PA’s info (name, passport....) when you try to link to GCkey! Good luck to everybody.
thanks
Hey,

I use the application number, and enter the principal applicant’s last name, passport info. In this case, you enter all of your info instead of your wife’s. I received the email including sponsor’s UCI, but you should use your UCI to fill it.

mohamedbarbary

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Guys , i need help
i submitted application on August 1st my wife got email yesterday from CIC that application revived and provide her application number and UCI
Is the AOR ? or i have to revived it by regular mail ?
if this AOR i try many time to link application with GCkey but unable although i check my application in in progress but i cannot like it
please need to clarify above point pleaseeeee

IvoryZhang

Aug 1, 2019
Guys , i need help
i submitted application on August 1st my wife got email yesterday from CIC that application revived and provide her application number and UCI
Is the AOR ? or i have to revived it by regular mail ?
if this AOR i try many time to link application with GCkey but unable although i check my application in in progress but i cannot like it
please need to clarify above point pleaseeeee
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/#post-7716308
found this link super helpful

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Application sent August 1, received Aug. 6. This is our third time sending an application in... we've had some trouble before with missing signatures (physical ones next to electronic ones) and an OWP receipt. They say third time's a charm. I hope that's the case for us. Haven't received AOR yet.

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Application sent August 1, received Aug. 6. This is our third time sending an application in... we've had some trouble before with missing signatures (physical ones next to electronic ones) and an OWP receipt. They say third time's a charm. I hope that's the case for us. Haven't received AOR yet.
Good luck to you!! I may have screwed up with my OWP receipts as well. 1. I did not pay for it separately! I have it on the same receipt as the PR receipt. and 2. I only paid for the Work Permit Fee and didn't pay the Holder fee! So I had to send that $100 receipt via webform (which they said they've received). So it's a hit or miss for me!! Guess I'll find out soon when I get the AOR email or if I have a package in my mailbox o_O
Praying for the best outcome though!

Reactions: ToughNuggets

ToughNuggets

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Good luck to you!! I may have screwed up with my OWP receipts as well. 1. I did not pay for it separately! I have it on the same receipt as the PR receipt. and 2. I only paid for the Work Permit Fee and didn't pay the Holder fee! So I had to send that $100 receipt via webform (which they said they've received). So it's a hit or miss for me!! Guess I'll find out soon when I get the AOR email or if I have a package in my mailbox o_O
Praying for the best outcome though!
Oh yes, that's the mistake we made before with the OWP - we missed one of the payments and receipts. It was one for $155. Got it right the second time around, but then we missed those physical signatures next to the electronic ones. I really really THINK we got everything right this time. We just keep extending my husband's visitor status in the meantime. Good luck to you!

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Oh yes, that's the mistake we made before with the OWP - we missed one of the payments and receipts. It was one for $155. Got it right the second time around, but then we missed those physical signatures next to the electronic ones. I really really THINK we got everything right this time. We just keep extending my husband's visitor status in the meantime. Good luck to you!
Thanks :D will let everyone know the outcome soon. All the best to you as well!