****August 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Boilon

Aug 15, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
So does receiving an AOR mean that they are not going to be sending it back? Like many others I triple checked the application just in case, so I hope this means that it was done correctly lol.

And also I can't seem to figure out how to link my account, the email seemed to suggest a link but I tried linking the UCL and Application Number and it couldn't find the application. Who needs to register for the CIC account to track the application, the PA or the Sponsor?

Last edited:

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
So does receiving an AOR mean that they are not going to be sending it back? Like many others I triple checked the application just in case, so I hope this means that it was done correctly lol.

And also I can't seem to figure out how to link my account, the email seemed to suggest a link but I tried linking the UCL and Application Number and it couldn't find the application. Who needs to register for the CIC account to track the application, the PA or the Sponsor?
@Boilon AOR means that your app has been checked over and all the documents are present and correct. While, for the most part, this means that your application likely won’t be returned, there’s still a chance it may be.

From what more senior forum members have told me, returned applications after AOR are very rare (and they haven’t seen it happen on this forum yet) but still possible so never say never.

In regards to your linking question, unfortunately I’m unsure as I’ve yet to try linking my own app.

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
@Boilon I’ve just successfully linked my application.

I have an existing account with CIC so I signed into that and underneath the previously submitted applications there’s an underlined link to click on which allows you to link the application.

I selected application number and family name. Used the application number from the AOR email and my last name (haven’t taken my husband’s name). You can then select either your passport or place of birth. I filled all of these in (I’m the PA) with my own details.

Apparently a common slip up is the last question that asks you how many people are included on the app. If it’s just you and your spouse make sure you put 2.

You should then get a message that your app has been located and you can select to link it. It should then show up as ‘registration in progress’ which I believe will eventually change to ‘submitted’ within a few hours.

Hope this helps!

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there the possibility to get the AOR on Weekends ?
Or is it updated on weekdays only?

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Hey y’all!
Is there anyone struggling to find their application on ECAS?
I am able to link my application online to GCKEY but can’t for the life of me find my application through ECAS. I’m now locked out :(

ashleysabine

Jun 15, 2018
Application sent: august 5th
Application recieved: august 9th

September 14th, recieved an email confirming that they recieved our application. Anyone able to link their applications yet?

Reactions: Elk-hunter

Brayan&Rachell

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
13-08-2019
AOR Received.
20-09-2019
Med's Request
07-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
LANDED..........
24-03-2020
Application sent: august 5th
Application recieved: august 9th

September 14th, recieved an email confirming that they recieved our application. Anyone able to link their applications yet?
I couldn't find my application on ECAS but I was able to link my application on my CIC account :)