+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
For people who were once asking if the date of reception is the date the mail arrives or the date when the AOR is issued here's what I found:

"If you apply by mail, the processing time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom."
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1474&top=3

Now they are working on the applications received from 22nd September to 28th of September 2019, My application was received in the 27th of August 2019, which means they are not putting real dates there.

My status now: Background check completed, test completed, prohibitions in progress, language skills in progress, physical presence in progress, Oath not started. last updated 23rd of April 2021.

Are we a lot from august 2019 who did not get to the end of their application yet?
My application was also received on 27th of August, 2019 and Background check completed, test completed, prohibitions in progress AND language skills completed, physical presence is also completed, Oath not started.

rainbowsweet

Jan 21, 2022
Hi everyone,
My application was received on August 19, 2019. I passed the test in March 2020.
On July 8, 2020, physical presence, language skills, and citizenship test were updated to Completed.
I checked the tracker and it shows the page was last updated on December 6, 2021, but I saw no change. Background Verification and Prohibitions still show “In progress” and Citizenship Ceremony shows “not started.”
Did everyone get fingerprints request before Background Verification and Prohibitions were updated to “Completed”?
Seems like I still have a long wait until I get the invitation for Citizenship Ceremony. :(
I just reached out to my MP office today and also just requested GCMS notes. Hopefully I will get more details about my application soon.
hi, got any update?

tdelyte

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
ANKARA, TURKEY
App. Filed.......
February 8th, 2011 (CIC MISS)
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011
Med's Request
RE-DO December 15th, 2011
Med's Done....
December 22, 2011
Interview........
May 10th, 2011- PASSED and informed the same day :-)
Passport Req..
January 24th, 2012-(phone call from Embassy) "medical has been received" updated on ECAS on December 19th
VISA ISSUED...
January 25th, 2012- Drop off PPT in the morning and told to come back in afternoon to pick-up PPT with Canadian VISA :-)
Folks,
Need your SUPPORT! I am looking for people who are willing to support me in submitting an e-Petition to the House of Commons. The main goal of the this would be to request a target date to have our applications finalized by IRCC. See all the info here https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Home/About and let me know if you are IN.
If our petition get approved and sponsored by a MP, we will need 500 signatures!!!
I am in!!

Shanty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
NA
I Applied on 12 th august 2019. Completed Oath on Feb 09 after 2.5 years :) . waiting for the citizenship certificate .
Good Luck ! it will happen for us all.

shielatimpen

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2014
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
October 14, 2015, Submitted to CIO: October 27, 2015, Received by D. Lewis: November 2, 2015
AOR Received.
February 4, 2016
Med's Request
March 2, 2016
Med's Done....
March 5, 2016; Medical recvd (ecas): March 11
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
I trust God's timing
Hi,

Im August 2019 Applicant too. Its too frustrating! This is an email from our MP.

Date Received: August 23, 2019
In process: November 12, 2019
Letter of Citizenship test received: March 10, 2021
Test Taken: April 5, 2021
Citizenship test status-completed : April 30, 2021

Dear Ms. **

IRCC/CIC has contacted our office advising the following on our inquiry and update on your behalf regarding your application for Canadian Citizenship:

Good day Valerie,

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators.

We can provide you with the following details about the status of application for a Citizenship Adult Grant for B**:

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on August 23, 2019.
  • The application was considered complete and an acknowledgement letter was emailed to the applicant on November 12, 2019.
  • We recommend that the applicant verifies the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool regularly to see when a new notice is sent to them.
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications are in process.
  • The immigration verifications have not been initiated.
  • Due to COVID-19, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing timesfor this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible;
    • if the applicant needs to travel during this time, they should apply to renew their permanent resident card if they are eligible.
    • The applicant has passed the citizenship test on April 30, 2021.

I hope that this information is helpful. I suggest that you apply to renew your permanent resident card while waiting for confirmation of approval of your Canadian Citizenship application so that you can travel as you need. I note the application fee is $50. The link above will take you to a website with more information.

Take care and stay well.

Valerie

Last edited:

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
We all now fall under Non-Routine Applicant Category. This is sheer incompetency. I saw the definition of Non-Routine Applicant here https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=5. and nothing apply on me but still I am a non-routine applicant as per notes received from CIC through my MP. No accountability and no shame at IRCC's end. We can only show our frustration and anger here on this Forum.
they cannot put you in non routine unless your application is complex.

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
I'm a Aug 2019 applicant with no progress at all. My case is not a complex one. Very simple case. They are barely working on 2020, 2019, and 2018 cases. Their priority seems to be 2021 cases at the moment. No idea who's bright idea that was at IRCC.

I know plenty of people who applied in 2021 , and they already have their citizenship and passport in hand. Yet i'm waiting here after 3 years with nothing.

They don't answer webforms, they don't answer the phone. They are completely useless.

I have involved my local MP, which I think won't help also, but better than nothing. Next step after MP will be getting a lawyer possibly.

See this news article / video , regarding our issues.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.5728433

Reactions: tdelyte

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I'm a Aug 2019 applicant with no progress at all. My case is not a complex one. Very simple case. They are barely working on 2020, 2019, and 2018 cases. Their priority seems to be 2021 cases at the moment. No idea who's bright idea that was at IRCC.

I know plenty of people who applied in 2021 , and they already have their citizenship and passport in hand. Yet i'm waiting here after 3 years with nothing.

They don't answer webforms, they don't answer the phone. They are completely useless.

I have involved my local MP, which I think won't help also, but better than nothing. Next step after MP will be getting a lawyer possibly.

See this news article / video , regarding our issues.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.5728433
2020 May applicant still waiting. Currently they are not working on our applications. They are working on 2021 and 2022 applications...unfortunately.