+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Please read the highlighted text and comment: Source https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/01/modernizing-canadas-immigration-system-to-support-economic-recovery-and-improve-client-experience.html

For citizenship applicants, IRCC has introduced online testing, developed an online application tracker and launched virtual citizenship ceremonies. Over the last few months, we have hosted approximately 350 virtual ceremonies per month, and more than 170,000 new Canadians have been sworn in since April 1, 2020. We are continuing to expand the use of virtual ceremonies. Moving forward, we are exploring an option for those who wish to self-administer their Oath by signed attestation, and celebrate their citizenship at a later date. This would shorten the waiting time for those at the final stage of their citizenship process.
This is HUGE and the importance of it cannot be overstated - I think @CaBeaver would finally be able to get that Oath!

Reactions: CaBeaver

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
It's positive in that IRCC if finally recognizing that it needs to move beyond the symbolism of the oath and the practicalities that are necessary to adjust to the covid pandemic. But, as with virtual testing and virtual oath, it appears that they are either incapable of or unwilling to look at the numbers and make necessary changes in a timely fashion; new measure are introduced only when long-overdue and it is no longer possible to hold onto the belief that things will magically improve. And the highlighted part is key: the IRCC's record is not such that one would expect to happen soon. Still, one hopes that the new minister is really out to shake up things.
They actually moved pretty fast from concept to production with the online testing back in 2020; I think they announced it late Spring and had a prototype online by Autumn; that's stunningly fast for any organisation, let alone a government one. I'm absolutely no government apologist, but I do think/hope they'll move quickly forward on this - it's just an iteration on an already existing design so, with any luck, it could be stood up quickly.

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
They actually moved pretty fast from concept to production with the online testing back in 2020; I think they announced it late Spring and had a prototype online by Autumn; that's stunningly fast for any organisation, let alone a government one. I'm absolutely no government apologist, but I do think/hope they'll move quickly forward on this - it's just an iteration on an already existing design so, with any luck, it could be stood up quickly.
Really? On what concrete basis do you make that claim?

Moving amazingly fast would have been to think of such an idea ages ago, when it became clear that backlogs were building up. Even better would have been to analyze their numbers, see that backlogs would build up, and at that time think of mitigation measures.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Really? On what concrete basis do you make that claim?
What, that going from ideation to production in 6 months is fast? I base that on over 20 year's experience managing various IT and Information Security project portfolios. For large private enterprises, that's extremely fast. For government orgs, it's practically unheard of.

NAC10

Aug 9, 2020
I have the exact situation, last update on April 23rd 2021, all in progress since then. I'm in Montreal office, which office are you in?
I am in similar situation. Last updated on April 23rd, 2021 (Montreal office). For me, everything is complete other than the citizenship ceremony which has not started yet. Lots of 2020 applicants are having oath ceremonies, from Montreal!! But mine is still stuck!

Bunzie25

Jan 7, 2020
I finally received my Oath invitation today!! Scheduled for February 7th. I had decision made since May 7th 2021. There is hope after all. Please update the tracker! I hope all August 2019 applicants will get good news soon.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
I finally received my Oath invitation today!! Scheduled for February 7th. I had decision made since May 7th 2021. There is hope after all. Please update the tracker! I hope all August 2019 applicants will get good news soon.
Visa Office?

Hussam68

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Hi, with Covid restrictions about to be lifted, I will need to start traveling for short business trips. My PR will expire in summer. can I apply renewal , I have tentatively passed the Test, I feel it will take at least one more year before I might get lucky my citizenship. Please advise.

Hussam68

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Guys when test is completed shouldn’t the language skills, physical presence and prohibition status be completed too?