+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

anoop90

Sep 15, 2019
I have the exact situation, last update on April 23rd 2021, all in progress since then. I'm in Montreal office, which office are you in?
I reside in Mississauga, Ontario. I had sent my application to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. I am not sure where my application is right now. How were you able to confirm that your application is processed in the Montreal office?

anoop90

Sep 15, 2019
your application could be non routine. Check your documents again. If you feel you have not missed anything go for mandamus and yes it is 100 percent success.. you can contact your MP too its a 50 50
Thanks for confirming. I will start by contacting my Mississauga MP. Do you have any lawyer contacts?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I reside in Mississauga, Ontario. I had sent my application to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. I am not sure where my application is right now. How were you able to confirm that your application is processed in the Montreal office?
your file is sent to cpc sydney first and then trasferred to local office for processing in your case local office is mississauga. Other way is to order gcms notes but its taking time.

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
I knew that when I received the invitation for the test, the email address was something like invitationmontreal....@cic etc...

kanwar80

Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the exact situation, last update on April 23rd 2021, all in progress since then. I'm in Montreal office, which office are you in?
Almost same as me - i got my Oath Ceramony updated ECAS today - waiting for letter now
Stay motivated

Reactions: Hash1979

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Almost same as me - i got my Oath Ceramony updated ECAS today - waiting for letter now
Stay motivated
Good for you! that gives me hope, thanks!
I couldn't find your timeline in the tracker, if you don't mind I wanted to know, what date did IRCC receive your application, and which office?

anoop90

Sep 15, 2019
Thanks for confirming. I will start by contacting my Mississauga MP. Do you have any lawyer contacts?
Got a response from my MP. They say my application is being processed in the Mississauga office. The present status - Security is in progress. Criminality is passed. Could someone let me know what this means?. Is this part of the background check process?. I have been waiting since August 2019. My application tracker shows everything as in progress.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Got a response from my MP. They say my application is being processed in the Mississauga office. The present status - Security is in progress. Criminality is passed. Could someone let me know what this means?. Is this part of the background check process?. I have been waiting since August 2019. My application tracker shows everything as in progress.
security is done by CSIS .requires multiple checks

Shoukat Halani

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
Please read the highlighted text and comment: Source https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/01/modernizing-canadas-immigration-system-to-support-economic-recovery-and-improve-client-experience.html

For citizenship applicants, IRCC has introduced online testing, developed an online application tracker and launched virtual citizenship ceremonies. Over the last few months, we have hosted approximately 350 virtual ceremonies per month, and more than 170,000 new Canadians have been sworn in since April 1, 2020. We are continuing to expand the use of virtual ceremonies. Moving forward, we are exploring an option for those who wish to self-administer their Oath by signed attestation, and celebrate their citizenship at a later date. This would shorten the waiting time for those at the final stage of their citizenship process.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: chs and Bains87
Jan 20, 2022
Please read the highlighted text and comment: Source https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/01/modernizing-canadas-immigration-system-to-support-economic-recovery-and-improve-client-experience.html

For citizenship applicants, IRCC has introduced online testing, developed an online application tracker and launched virtual citizenship ceremonies. Over the last few months, we have hosted approximately 350 virtual ceremonies per month, and more than 170,000 new Canadians have been sworn in since April 1, 2020. We are continuing to expand the use of virtual ceremonies. Moving forward, we are exploring an option for those who wish to self-administer their Oath by signed attestation, and celebrate their citizenship at a later date. This would shorten the waiting time for those at the final stage of their citizenship process.
Thanks for sharing. This is a very important update and to be honest this should have happened already since many people got DM months ago and stock at the oath stage. But still it’s not clear when this will happen.

Reactions: Shoukat Halani

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013

This is Huge. Thanks for sharing!!!

Reactions: Shoukat Halani

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Thanks for sharing. This is a very important update and to be honest this should have happened already since many people got DM months ago and stock at the oath stage. But still it’s not clear when this will happen.
It's positive in that IRCC if finally recognizing that it needs to move beyond the symbolism of the oath and the practicalities that are necessary to adjust to the covid pandemic. But, as with virtual testing and virtual oath, it appears that they are either incapable of or unwilling to look at the numbers and make necessary changes in a timely fashion; new measure are introduced only when long-overdue and it is no longer possible to hold onto the belief that things will magically improve. And the highlighted part is key: the IRCC's record is not such that one would expect to happen soon. Still, one hopes that the new minister is really out to shake up things.

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
The other important thing that is not mentioned in any of this: how to clear the backlog of applicants who are still waiting for decisions to be made in their cases. It's no use bragging about how many people are taking online tests (which, by the way, has not even been necessary in most countries with more efficient systems) when the applications then languish with no decision.