Med's Done....
Feb. 9, 2016
Interview........
RPRF : March 3, 2016
LANDED..........
April 20, 2016

Bunzie25

Jan 7, 2020
Relax!!! It's just a question. Be Canadian if you have come here or GBTYC!
for me yes itsdmmm

For me it was difficult, it was fill in the blank but there are choices below, some questions are confusing but my husband test was easier he told me.

Thanks
I appreciate your response. I have until April 18th to complete mine. I have been studying and practicing. However, a lot of people have reported that the online practice test didn’t benefit them much. I’m going to assume you still passed? If so, congrats!

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
I appreciate your response. I have until April 18th to complete mine. I have been studying and practicing. However, a lot of people have reported that the online practice test didn’t benefit them much. I’m going to assume you still passed? If so, congrats!
Hello Bunzie,
Yes, I totally agree. Online test didn't help me either and it looked like I got the most difficult set of questions. They have a large pool of questions so if you are lucky you can get easy set of questions.
But yes 1 thing happened because of those online practice test. It boost my confidence as I practiced them unless I got 100 in each. I used the below mentioned websites and mobile app.

You will be fine if you read book at least 2 times.

You have 18 days more but please take it as 15. Why? Because many candidates have faced issue while logging in to their tests. So if you do it on 17/18 it will come on weekend and they will respond you on Monday after your test duration expires. That's my 2 cents.

In addition to that, please know that before the test starts, you need to take picture of your Photo ID (Drivers License is the best) and yourself. You need to take picture of photo ID without showing your face in the pic. It's one of the most unusual experiences you might face.

Please don't hesitate to ask further questions.

All the best!

Websites:
https://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/
https://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/new-to-canada/citizenship.jsp

Apple itunes:
Canadian Citizenship Test Prep http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1106315106

Reactions: BadGamer6

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
In addition to that, please know that before the test starts, you need to take picture of your Photo ID (Drivers License is the best) and yourself. You need to take picture of photo ID without showing your face in the pic. It's one of the most unusual experiences you might face.
I havent gotten invite yet hence these questions.
Does it prompt to take photo of ID, before we start answering the questions / timer starts?
But we are in front of the computer hence how do we avoid our face while showing ID? Is it like, showing the ID in such a way that it the webcam is fully occupied with ID picture? Do we get to see what we focus on the camera to know that our ID is fully visible without our face?

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Does it prompt to take photo of ID, before we start answering the questions / timer starts?
Yes, it will ask you to take picture of your ID first, then your face in another page. Only after, it will go further to next page where you start and it will start counting as well.

But we are in front of the computer hence how do we avoid our face while showing ID? Is it like, showing the ID in such a way that it the webcam is fully occupied with ID picture? Do we get to see what we focus on the camera to know that our ID is fully visible without our face?
It's a little bit difficult. I tried to get down with my hand up with the ID ;) It will take you few minutes to find the proper location. but 90% of the frame size for picture will be occupied with ID. Even being almost under the monitor, you will be able to see if your ID picture is focused or not. And don't worry, while you are taking your ID or face picture, countdown hasn't started yet. I even changed my PC to laptop due to camera issues before the actual test started.

Last edited:

andrew6

May 24, 2017
Finally received a test invite just now!!!
Timelines:
App Sent - Aug 15, 2019
App Received - Aug 19, 2010
AOR - Nov 19, 2019
Test Invite - Apr -01, 2021
Location- Brampton
Single Applicant

Reactions: melito and Hapique

Bunzie25

Jan 7, 2020
Hello Bunzie,
Yes, I totally agree. Online test didn't help me either and it looked like I got the most difficult set of questions. They have a large pool of questions so if you are lucky you can get easy set of questions.
But yes 1 thing happened because of those online practice test. It boost my confidence as I practiced them unless I got 100 in each. I used the below mentioned websites and mobile app.

You will be fine if you read book at least 2 times.

You have 18 days more but please take it as 15. Why? Because many candidates have faced issue while logging in to their tests. So if you do it on 17/18 it will come on weekend and they will respond you on Monday after your test duration expires. That's my 2 cents.

Please don't hesitate to ask further questions.

All the best!

Websites:
https://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/
https://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/new-to-canada/citizenship.jsp

Apple itunes:
Canadian Citizenship Test Prep http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1106315106
Thanks for the tips! I have read the book once already and have done several of the practice tests with scores of 100 as well. I hope I will be among the people who get the easier questions lol. I will read the book again and then proceed with the test by the 14/15.

Reactions: twrooney

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
I havent gotten invite yet hence these questions.
Yes, it does prompt before the test.
Before the test starts, you need to take photo of photo ID and yourself
Screen does show you what is being captured and once you captured the picture, it gives you option to whether accept the result and submit or re-try again. Expect lots of re-tries haha.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks for the tips! I have read the book once already and have done several of the practice tests with scores of 100 as well. I hope I will be among the people who get the easier questions lol. I will read the book again and then proceed with the test by the 14/15.
You/Everyone of us should try the test 1 week before the last date instead of try just few days before to avoid any uncertain delays on getting the test links(if not coming then you need to contact cic and wait for them to correct it).

Reactions: Bunzie25

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
I haven't received test invite yet, but received the finger print request!!! anyone else who is waiting ?

achayaan

Nov 25, 2019
Applied for Canadian Citizenship

App sent: Aug 19, 2019
App delivery: Aug 21, 2019
AOR: Nov 20, 2019
Test Invite : Tue, Mar 30, 2021

Single Application
Please can you update in the doc?

Also I know it is not fair to ask, but what will happen if in case we fail in the online test ?.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Also I know it is not fair to ask, but what will happen if in case we fail in the online test ?.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/next.html

If you do not pass the test
If you don’t pass the

• first time, we’ll contact you to schedule a retest in person
  • second time, we’ll schedule a hearing with a citizenship officer (wait for us to email you)
  • third time, we’ll contact you by email to tell you of your next steps

Reactions: achayaan

achayaan

Nov 25, 2019