+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
"I say I am a tax payer from day 1 in Canada (unlike those born here)"
So ? Are you the only tax payer in this country, or are you implying people born here don't pay taxes? For the taxes you pay there are also benefits that you reap .. healthcare included. No organization is functioning normally in these unprecedented times of COVID. IRCC also operates in the same universe and is affected by same issues -- Your tax dollars or citizenship fee is not making them immune to COVID.

"I paid for the citizenship application, so I deserve some modicum of standards."
You are not unique. Everyone who has applied has paid the fee and are waiting patiently. Unless of course if you paid something extra then you have the right to crib :) -- did you ?

"Thanks to people like me who made noise, IRCC is acting. You are welcome."
What a self obsessing narcissist comment to make - do you seriously think virtual ceremonies are happening because you howled like a crazy ? Sorry to burst your bubble buddy, but you cannot take credit for it.
1. Didnt say I was the only one. I dont care if other tax payers expect nothing for their taxes. I do. And yes, newborn babies in Canada dont pay taxes. So they cant claim to pay from day 1.

2. Again, if you like throwing away money for nothing, thats your call. I dont.

3. Yes, IRCC themselves admit they have acted due to pressure on social media and press.

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Expression of Interest email = That's the email subject from IRCC asking if we are interested in attending the virtual citizenship ceremony and have the required logistics i.e. computer/laptop/mobile phone + internet connection etc required for the ceremony or we would want to wait for an in person ceremony. Based on our response they then will schedule the oath ceremony.
Oh great. Did they say when the in-person ceremonies would resume or you never asked?

Also, you just received an email and no phone calls, correct?

Thanks!

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
not just me, everyone who actually pressured IRCC instead of abusing other applicants( which yielded nothing)
Yes, you're right. Media and public via social media platforms and webforms have been constantly asking IRCC about citizenship tests, ceremonies etc and suggesting alternatives (same is reported in Memo as well).

Reactions: fr72

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Oh great. Did they say when the in-person ceremonies would resume or you never asked?

Also, you just received an email and no phone calls, correct?

Thanks!
I just received an email, no phone call and it did not mention any date when the in-person ceremonies will resume.

Reactions: zam7

blatanttruth1

Nov 13, 2014
1. Didnt say I was the only one. I dont care if other tax payers expect nothing for their taxes. I do. And yes, newborn babies in Canada dont pay taxes. So they cant claim to pay from day 1.

2. Again, if you like throwing away money for nothing, thats your call. I dont.

3. Yes, IRCC themselves admit they have acted due to pressure on social media and press.
Aah shifting the goal post now .. you never said "newborn babies" .. your words:
"I am a tax payer from day 1 in Canada (unlike those born here)"

Reactions: Crace

blatanttruth1

Nov 13, 2014
Yes agreed. Once a client has been granted citizenship (decision made) under subsection 5(1) of the Citizenship Act; It's his/her Right to Citizenship by taking the Oath of Citizenship within a certain timeframe.
Stop misleading people here...."decision made" does not mean "granted citizenship". Decision is an outcome, and it does not mean approval. Citizenship is granted after the Oath.

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Stop misleading people here...."decision made" does not mean "granted citizenship". Decision is an outcome, and it does not mean approval. Citizenship is granted after the Oath.
Decision Made (application approved) = Citizenship Granted

REF.:
*Persons 14 years of age or over who are granted citizenship must take an Oath of Citizenship in order to become citizens. Their legal status as a citizen takes effect as of the date the Oath is taken.

*https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/overview/granting.html

**Right of Citizenship
Our service standard: issue the Right of Citizenship within 4 months (between the date we grant citizenship and the date we first send the invitation to the citizenship ceremony)

**https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/service-declaration/service-standards.html#citizenship

Last edited:
Reactions: fr72 and Das67

blatanttruth1

Nov 13, 2014
Decision Made is Citizenship Granted.

REF.:
*Persons 14 years of age or over who are granted citizenship must take an Oath of Citizenship in order to become citizens. Their legal status as a citizen takes effect as of the date the Oath is taken.

*https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/overview/granting.html

**Right of Citizenship
Our service standard: issue the Right of Citizenship within 4 months (between the date we grant citizenship and the date we first send the invitation to the citizenship ceremony)

**https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/service-declaration/service-standards.html#citizenship
Show me where does it say decision made = grant of citizenship ?

Also if you read the complete sentence,, one cannot be a citizen before taking oath:

Persons 14 years of age or over who are granted citizenship must take an Oath of Citizenship in order to become citizens. Their legal status as a citizen takes effect as of the date the Oath is taken.

Mike263

Jun 2, 2020
Show me where does it say decision made = grant of citizenship ?

Also if you read the complete sentence,, one cannot be a citizen before taking oath:

Persons 14 years of age or over who are granted citizenship must take an Oath of Citizenship in order to become citizens. Their legal status as a citizen takes effect as of the date the Oath is taken.

Decision Made (application approved under subsection 5(1) of the Citizenship Act) = Citizenship Granted

Citizenship Granted + Oath of Citizenship taken = The Right to Citizenship Granted (Person has become a Citizen)

Note: Citizenship Granted Citizen

REF.:

**Right of Citizenship

Last edited:

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Aah shifting the goal post now .. you never said "newborn babies" .. your words:
"I am a tax payer from day 1 in Canada (unlike those born here)"
Can you read? Where is the confusion? I had a job on my 1st day in Canada and so I paid taxes. Those born in Canada obviously did not pay taxes on their 1st day in Canada (because people dont have a job on the day of their birth). Is it still too difficult for you to understand?.

blatanttruth1

Nov 13, 2014
Congrats! I’m Aug 1, 2019 applicant with decision made since Jan 30th and no sign of Oath. I’m Scarborough so maybe because you switched to Niagara so got it done faster.

Yes, what’s the Expression of Interest email?

Thanks!
Don't worry it will happen soon for you hopefully. Stay positive and keep a close eye on your phone as IRCC generally calls from a blocked number.

Good Luck !

Reactions: zam7

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Don't worry it will happen soon for you hopefully. Stay positive and keep a close eye on your phone as IRCC generally calls from a blocked number.

Good Luck !
Congrats on your oath invite! Yes, I’m patiently waiting.

What’s your timeline please?

Did your ECAS update?

Thanks!